Korean version of Samsung Galaxy S III to have different design?
0. phoneArena 11 Jun 2012, 06:32 posted on
While this year's version of the most anticipated Android phone will look and be named the same across the five U.S. carriers that are initially offering the device, it would appear that the Korean market is where you will find a change to the unit's look...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
20. PhoneLuver (Posts: 460; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
That's my gripe with Samsung. they always bring out different versions of the same device!! You can never own the latest Samsung phone because there's always another slightly better one coming out in a month or two!
21. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
so.. your mad that they make progress and then sell the progress to make money to afford to pay for more progress in a highly competitive environment?
sounds like you need an iphone. that way you can make sure no one has a nicer iphone for a year or 2... and even then the next one is so minorly upgraded that you just dont mind.
22. bayusuputra (Posts: 941; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
yeah, look at the FFC, it's too near the edge of the screen.. i don't think that's possible (yet)..
3. e.wvu (unregistered)
If that was real, I wish that was the U.S. version instead.
4. adi4u4882 (Posts: 135; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Even though its looks fake, I like the design better than the original.
5. Galen20K (Posts: 504; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)
I prefer the rounded corners honestly, tho I do like the squared off as well. I'd be happy with either design really.
6. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
I like the rectangular shape phone too but USA is rounded.
7. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
If this is real is that on a GSM carrier ?
I am thinking of importing one.
9. adi4u4882 (Posts: 135; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
I dont understand why someone would thumb down your comment.
8. brianreigh (Posts: 7; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
it's definitely fake... they might have confused it with the Galaxy R, which looks exactly like the photo (also running Touchwiz Nature UX) except smaller... (and it's said to launch sometime this month only in the Korean market)
11. 09wbd03516 (banned) (Posts: 140; Member since: 30 May 2012)
its not fake!! Thats galaxy r!!
Quad core exynos 2gb ram korea version of sgs3!!
12. G2userLuvit (Posts: 23; Member since: 09 Apr 2011)
Now thats a gs3 i'd buy... im gonna stick with the gs2 just because I don't like the look of the US version.
13. Ohrules (Posts: 299; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
seriously, am i the only one who notices that the 'square' S3 does not include the SAMSUNG label? So the pic is obviously fake :/
15. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
no samsung logo.
its just a white sgs2/note made to look like an sgs3.
I'd buy it though. :)
23. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Hey Remix! I've been looking for you! I just pre-ordered my GS3 (Exynos, ofcourse!)! wooohoooo!!! :p I'll be getting the white one by mid next week. You want me to upload stuff like benchmarks, unboxing, etc? :)
16. cncrim (Posts: 419; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
i like the look of the sqaure version however the picture look like photoshop.
17. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
Hmm... I would take any, too bad i have no money.
18. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 642; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
is it me or the front camera just too close to the screen?
This looks soooooooooooo fake, come on now guys, really?
If you believe this, well you must be..........
19. kyan- (Posts: 17; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
phonearena. bringing out news that were dead several weeks ago and branding them new
24. metoyou (Posts: 277; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I love my S3, I like the square design too but I now love this round edge design. It's like a white marble :-P
26. tiara6918 (Posts: 1242; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
That might be a galaxy s3 lte. Since in korea, the galaxy s2 and galaxy s2 lte looked different
27. a_tumiwa (Posts: 155; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Thumb up if you prefer the original design
Thumb down if you prefer the korean version
Thumb Right if you are Apple Fansboy