Kodak piles on, sues Apple and HTC over imaging patents
0. phoneArena 10 Jan 2012, 17:17 posted on
Eastman Kodak launched lawsuits against HTC and Apple today, trying to leverage their imaging patent portfolio as the company attempts to make its way out of bankruptcy...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Why am I not surprised that yet another giant company is asserting its longstanding patents against apple... the 200 apple acquired for the silly thing when it came out really weren't enough, especially as some of them have already been nullified
2. downphoenix (Posts: 3155; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Kodak is going bankrupt soon. So not surprised they are doing this. I hope they squeeze something out of apple though.
8. Paden (Posts: 262; Member since: 07 Jul 2011)
My thoughts exactly. Why didn't they sue earlier? They weren't hurt by the smartphone market then.
Now? Different story. Most people's digital cameras are collecting dust, because they prefer the convenience of smartphone cameras (professional photography excluded).
3. biophone (Posts: 1910; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Apple and htc working together aw my two favorite companies are going to beat down kodak lol
4. flopjoke (Posts: 42; Member since: 05 Jan 2012)
2011 - 2012: War of the patents. Can't say who did what anymore.
5. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Oh that picture! It's the same used on every lawsuit case we need a new one. :s