Kobo launches a 7 inch Android tablet as it tries to piggyback on Amazon's buzz
0. phoneArena 06 Sep 2012, 22:15 posted on
Known for its eReaders, Kobo has added a 7 inch Android tablet to its lineup on Thursday, perhaps trying to piggyback on the buzz generated by the introduction of the new line of Amazon Kindle Fire tablets; the Kobo Arc will be available this November for $199.99 with 8GB of native storage...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Jimstar (Posts: 259; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
I actually read about the Arc before any news about the kindle lineup came out
2. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
fail.... trying to compete with amazon and google nexus with ridiculous higher price than the 2 giants...
5. imkyle (Posts: 1065; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
It's the same price and storage for the Nexus. This looks pretty good actually.
3. doubler86 (Posts: 320; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
umm I can't believe I'm saying this, but this looks like it's better than the Kindle Fire 7" HD
4. Mozarrt (Posts: 301; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
Kobo has a magnificent ebook offering which rivals Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Funny is that they are always seen as the underdog but their product have been second to none.
Here in the Netherlands you can get the Kobo Touch for much less than the Sony Ereader, so it is the much better buy. I'm actually considering the Arc, as the Kindle's aren't sold here anyway.
6. BaiGanyo (Posts: 308; Member since: 07 Feb 2011)
This product looks fabulous. The technical specs are up there with what is being offered by others in the category. But Kobos store sells you a more open product then amazon or others do. You are free to take your books elsewhere if you choose and not risk losing them. It's not locked down at all. That's better. I want this tablet as I am using an older kobo reader and would like to upgrade.
7. imkyle (Posts: 1065; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
I would laugh if the TI OMAP 4470 is better than the Tegra 3.