Know your phone: 8 peculiar cell phone and smartphone facts you probably were not aware of
11. tech2 (Posts: 2698; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
2. World population 14.2 billion now own a smartphone ....
.....more than 530 countries
Way to keep it subtle, PA -.-
14. Sniggly (Posts: 7221; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Even with clues like that, I guarantee that there will be frackwits who still believe these "facts."
37. tadaa (Posts: 265; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
well i'm a frackwit. i shook my phone for 45 seconds :D
35. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 387; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
Especially when the world population as at 26 march 2014 was estimated at 7.15billion... April fools everyone :/
2. Duketytz (Posts: 534; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
Nice one PA for this April Fool's Joke! Thought it was real for a moment
7. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1157; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
I must admit I had to wait till I read the second one.
5. kanagadeepan (Posts: 748; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Please Stop trolling PA... We all know its April 1st now...
6. MrOCD (unregistered)
Wow I actually believed every bit of that until I looked at the comments and then realized that #8 was clearly photoshopped. -_-
9. johnbg92 (Posts: 4; Member since: 06 Feb 2011)
"It is estimated that over 14.2 billion people worldwide now own a smartphone". The second half of those clearly must be living on a different planet...
10. johnbg92 (Posts: 4; Member since: 06 Feb 2011)
phones in the great depression picture... lol
13. Sniggly (Posts: 7221; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Huh. I always suspected number 7 to be true. Now I know that it is, due to this totally factual article that is not trying to fool us in any way whatsoever on this first day of April.
15. Killua (Posts: 270; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
The emergency charging is pretty funny. You can exercise while doing that too, so it's a win-win. Just don't do that near your crotch.
20. Neo_Huang (Posts: 993; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
That actually worked for me one time. I was playing tennis while listening to music and my battery charged 5%. (Or maybe it was a glitch)
17. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3252; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
PA is trolling...... :P
Ban PA, I'm reporting you... :P
18. pwnarena (Posts: 1007; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
i had to log in to argue that 14B+ cell phone owners until i realized what day today is.
charging by shaking? haha ... it may not really be impossible in the future.
21. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3443; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Wow that shake to charge is cool! I had no idea about that!
22. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3443; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Jeeez now I look like a fool I thought this was real lol
25. Sniggly (Posts: 7221; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Lol, at least you figured it out before someone had to point it out to you.
Happy April Fool's day, Art. :P
28. Aploine (Posts: 266; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
Best + Calls in a low-signal area "so that the tower can "hear" you" rolf
26. JunitoNH (Posts: 1084; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Well the clue was the Great Depression and animal fat layer, lol.
31. amsage (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Mar 2014)
14.2 Billion...I thought was a typo.
It literally took until the 8th slide to realize this was an april fools joke.
....and yes, I shook my phone for a minute to see if my battery percentage changed.
32. shuaibhere (Posts: 1741; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
1/3 is in mars I think....
Btw nice try PA....
33. shuaibhere (Posts: 1741; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
2/3 is in mars I think....
Btw nice try PA....
34. kingEngine (Posts: 20; Member since: 05 Mar 2014)
So if i take my phone apart and assemble another phone i can sell it and make a profit! I have found the answer to infinite money. Then sell it to the estimated 22 billion people that are on this planet.
If #3 was true no one would complain about battery life and everyone's dominant arms get stronger. (Aside from other activities)
#7 is just bad
39. somebody (Posts: 9; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
Nice information PA. +1 At least, it'll reduce people's trolling without enough knowledge