KitKat coming soon to Samsung Galaxy S4 and Samsung Galaxy Note 3 says Rogers
Android flavored handsets aren't the only models getting updated at Jolly Rogers. Coming soon is the GDR3 update for a couple of Windows Phone 8 handsets. The models that will soon be updated are the Nokia Lumia 920 and the Samsung ATIV S. Among the new features will be one that allows Data Sense to block streaming in the background while roaming. Stopping the ol' data meter from running while roaming could save you enough money to make Scrooge McDuck envious.
Rogers' web site reveals OS update schedule for a few phones
source: Rogers via MobileSyrup
1. NoFanboy (Posts: 226; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
Nice! Been waiting on this for my Note 3. Hopefully Vzw gets it out
2. nothingmuch (Posts: 179; Member since: 03 May 2013)
I got a AT&T note 3, sooo after all you guys on the other carriers get it, let me know how it is ok. Think about us at&t folks now :)) cause we'll be reading and dreaming....
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8665; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The 4.4 update for AT&T leaked last week. You can flash it if you really wanted to. People have been saying it's flawless and silk smooth. Only downside is you can't downgrade because of a new boot loader.
3. Darkhell (Posts: 30; Member since: 03 Nov 2013)
I wont upgrade to 4.4 until a month later to make sure its not bugged like the 4.3 update for the S4 was.
8. WiNDiR (Posts: 6; Member since: 03 Dec 2013)
I didn't saw any problem in the 4.3 update for the S4
5. Liveitup (Posts: 1335; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Kitkat 4.4 has got to be the slowest or one of the slowest updates of all times to get Android devices, how long has this update been out?, yet its only available on a very few select of overall Android devices. Talk about snail pace.
6. yowanvista (Posts: 306; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Blame lazy manufacturers and those brainless who still buy carrier branded devices.
9. DallasNative214 (Posts: 5; Member since: 06 Feb 2014)
OH im sure big RED aka VZW will be updating their handsets here shortly!!!