Kin sales to stop today?
0. phoneArena posted on 18 Jul 2010, 05:56
The word from people inside Verizon is that Kin sales will stop as of Sunday, ending the short life of the two messaging handsets...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. vzwtechbill posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:47 0 0
That device (not even worth being called a phone) was a birth defect
2. derricob posted on 18 Jul 2010, 08:29 0 0
Those phones suck anyway. Microsoft can barely keep older teens to adults happy, let along try to branch off. The should have put this on t-mobile or cricket and worked out a deal to lower the data plan.
3. Sniggly posted on 18 Jul 2010, 10:16 0 0
The phones were cheap and felt like toys, didn't do a whole lot, and were aimed at only one niche that smartphones fill. It was a failure through and through.
4. bossmt_2 posted on 18 Jul 2010, 10:23 0 0
The phone would have done much better if it was classified as a Multimedia device and sold as like a fancy EnV Touch.
5. Homotechual posted on 18 Jul 2010, 11:10 0 0
The problem with Verizon is they don't have a teen consumer base, and parents don't buy data plans for teens ecpeically on Verizon. This phone should have been on Sprint or T-Mobile far more teens on those 2 and cheaper data plans.
6. Whateverman posted on 18 Jul 2010, 14:57 0 0
I see your logic, but to be honest this phone would not have done well anywhere. VZW does a training class for each new type of device or OS brought to market, and if you could have seen the reactions on our faces when we found out what the phone could not do. We just knew the Kins would be a disaster and that was BEFORE we found out about that data plan. Microsoft better step it up on WM7 or just stick to computers.
8. Homotechual posted on 18 Jul 2010, 18:51 0 0
Yes, I could see that I work at T-Mobile and i felt the same way about the Sidekick..
7. scottmbolt (unregistered) posted on 18 Jul 2010, 18:19 0 0
Does anybody actually own one of these stupid looking POS? If so, please show your face, and mosey on outta the closet!