Kim Jong-Un's mysterious phone: not a Samsung, but what is it?
0. phoneArena 05 Feb 2013, 07:45 posted on
North Korea’s beloved ‘Supreme Leader’ Kim Jong-Un, believed to be a 20 something man, has taken over the task of heading the world’s most secretive state…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
If it's made in China, then definitely the ZTE if you ask me... And who want that sluggish HTC anyway? Lol
3. lyndon420 (Posts: 3177; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Thought you liked htc. You are always all over the place with your opinions...its like a dart board or magic 8 ball makes your decisions of the day.
8. wendygarett (unregistered)
HTC nowaday are so plasticky, and I don't think a true leader will grab a non premium device...
16. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
I believe it's a Motorola smartphone b cuz on the larger image of the phone, I happened to c a Silver lining on the top and all Motorola phones have this feature.
22. MikeG77 (Posts: 397; Member since: 24 Nov 2008)
Wendy i hope your not implying that Kim Jong-Un is a true leader? Neither his grandfather or father were true leaders seeing as they are dictators. The Gov't is to busy talking about destroying the South and America rather than improving the life of there citizens instead there building rockets.....
32. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
After watching catfish Wendy may be a guy. Never trust the Internet.
39. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
there are no girls on the internet(internet rule 37)
34. JDogg5281 (Posts: 64; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
I was under the impression she was an ifan
12. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
''...And who want that sluggish HTC anyway? Lol'' you have htc onex haven't you ?
41. reindeer_nation (Posts: 14; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
htc isn't sluggish! Well in some they are.. but not all!!
20. uneedhelp (Posts: 19; Member since: 04 Nov 2012)
sluggish htc lol have u owned one lately?not sluggish at all in fact they are making the best devices on the market lol that's funny
49. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3092; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
lol when are you all going to learn of Wendy's trolling ways? She/He is going to troll everything.
2. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Perhaps an unique model protected from spying. We know how such dictators are paranoid. :)
6. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
or maybe it has a unique version of angry birds where the birds are replaced with 20kt warheads
5. tango_charlie (Posts: 198; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
He is one of the few lucky ones grabbing a Nexus 4, but 'cause he fears the envy of his beloved followers he masked his device. It's just that simple guys.
7. BadAssAbe (Posts: 442; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
HTC Inspire LOL
Oh well, still as good as the iPhone4s
(You thought I was gonna say the iPhone5, Didn't you?)
10. schinnak (Posts: 84; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
It looks like the pebble blue s3 doesnt it?
30. ojdidit84 (Posts: 441; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
Yeah, the Sensation was the first phone that came to mind looking at that picture.
51. Doakie (Posts: 1733; Member since: 06 May 2009)
I agree. Looking at it I thought it looked like a Sensation too. I also used to have one so I'm familiar with it from different angles.
14. SleepingOz (unregistered)
"because the United States are another enemy of the South Korean state."
Victor it's North Korean state..
15. zrated (Posts: 14; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
"...because the United States are another enemy of the South Korean state."
error. should be "North Korean state".
18. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3291; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Okay, here it is... It's a Samsung for South Koreans
iPhone for Americans
Nokia for Indians
Motorola for the Japanese
LG for the North Koreans
HTC for the South-East Asians
Sony for the Europeans...
19. Orbitman (Posts: 110; Member since: 09 Oct 2011)
Phandroid says it's an HTC Butterflly
40. hepresearch (unregistered)
Nope... I disagree. HTC may be desperate, but they are still from Taiwan, and Taiwan, as we all know, is a thorn in China's side, and is protected by North Korea's great 'enemy', the US of A. Not only that, but I don't think that is quite a 5" screen on that phone, and the HTC Butterfly has straight edges, which this mystery phone does not (see the scalloped slopes of the ends of the phone?). There is a 3.5mm port at the top of this phone, and I see no branding immediately apparent (though it is hard to tell exactly). I suspect that this device is not the HTC Butterfly, but is, in fact, the Huawei Ascend P1 LTE... made in, perhaps, their only friend among the nations, China!
25. akishakoi (Posts: 65; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
it's a Nokia 3310 dressed as a touchphone. NoKor closed its doors from the world and they know nothing about touchphones. This is only a bluff to show that they are hi-tech.
26. lallolu (Posts: 384; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
It looks like HTC sensation. I have one it looks exactly like it
28. fashion_m (Posts: 6; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
It has rounded top and bottom and it looks like 2011 Sony Ericsson Xperia models.
29. rizevnarastek (Posts: 338; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
It looks like HTC Sensation to me :)
33. cripton805 (Posts: 1177; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
They really need to feed their people a little more by the looks of the phone, chair, cigarrette, and table.
Why don't they let their people leave at least? Oh yeah, cuz nobody would want to live there o_0
36. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
It's an HTC according to some S Korean and Taiwan newspaper, and seems like everyone is guessing that it's the Sensation.
42. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
I read on PHANDROID it may be a HTC BUTTERFLY but how can u tell at a small picture? and who cares bout this DICTACTOR
45. Not_Amused321 (Posts: 20; Member since: 06 Jan 2013)
Whatever kind of phone, I'd be more than glad to use it as a warhead strapped to a missile and launch it up his ass.
46. a_tumiwa (Posts: 373; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
anyone know how many phone with curve back-body design?
47. garz_pa (Posts: 154; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Who cares what brand he prefers? Only one thing's for sure: it's nuclear-proof. LOL
50. joey18 (Posts: 587; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
maybe they are planing to clone the iphone 5s using the blackberry z10
55. b1acktiger (Posts: 219; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Finally i'm unveiling the curtains, its a Taiwanese made HTC !
56. jameshoe (unregistered)
i am sure north korea leader will not using south korea product