Kim Jong-Un's mysterious phone: not a Samsung, but what is it?
0. phoneArena posted on 05 Feb 2013, 07:45
North Korea’s beloved ‘Supreme Leader’ Kim Jong-Un, believed to be a 20 something man, has taken over the task of heading the world’s most secretive state…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett posted on 05 Feb 2013, 07:47 3
If it's made in China, then definitely the ZTE if you ask me... And who want that sluggish HTC anyway? Lol
3. lyndon420 posted on 05 Feb 2013, 07:53 26
Thought you liked htc. You are always all over the place with your opinions...its like a dart board or magic 8 ball makes your decisions of the day.
8. wendygarett posted on 05 Feb 2013, 08:02 2
HTC nowaday are so plasticky, and I don't think a true leader will grab a non premium device...
16. Nadr1212 posted on 05 Feb 2013, 08:36 0
I believe it's a Motorola smartphone b cuz on the larger image of the phone, I happened to c a Silver lining on the top and all Motorola phones have this feature.
22. MikeG77 posted on 05 Feb 2013, 09:18 5
Wendy i hope your not implying that Kim Jong-Un is a true leader? Neither his grandfather or father were true leaders seeing as they are dictators. The Gov't is to busy talking about destroying the South and America rather than improving the life of there citizens instead there building rockets.....
23. Mittal posted on 05 Feb 2013, 09:52 8
HTC ?? Plasticky ????
32. fanboy1974 posted on 05 Feb 2013, 11:26 3
After watching catfish Wendy may be a guy. Never trust the Internet.
39. OptimusOne posted on 05 Feb 2013, 15:15 1
there are no girls on the internet(internet rule 37)
12. zuckerboy posted on 05 Feb 2013, 08:13 4
''...And who want that sluggish HTC anyway? Lol'' you have htc onex haven't you ?
41. reindeer_nation posted on 05 Feb 2013, 16:09 0
htc isn't sluggish! Well in some they are.. but not all!!
20. uneedhelp posted on 05 Feb 2013, 09:04 3
sluggish htc lol have u owned one lately?not sluggish at all in fact they are making the best devices on the market lol that's funny
49. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 05 Feb 2013, 21:26 0
lol when are you all going to learn of Wendy's trolling ways? She/He is going to troll everything.
2. PhoneArenaUser posted on 05 Feb 2013, 07:50 0
Perhaps an unique model protected from spying. We know how such dictators are paranoid. :)
6. RaKithAPeiRiZ posted on 05 Feb 2013, 07:57 1
or maybe it has a unique version of angry birds where the birds are replaced with 20kt warheads
5. tango_charlie posted on 05 Feb 2013, 07:56 2
He is one of the few lucky ones grabbing a Nexus 4, but 'cause he fears the envy of his beloved followers he masked his device. It's just that simple guys.
7. BadAssAbe posted on 05 Feb 2013, 08:01 2
HTC Inspire LOL
Oh well, still as good as the iPhone4s
(You thought I was gonna say the iPhone5, Didn't you?)
30. ojdidit84 posted on 05 Feb 2013, 11:06 0
Yeah, the Sensation was the first phone that came to mind looking at that picture.
51. Doakie posted on 06 Feb 2013, 01:04 0
I agree. Looking at it I thought it looked like a Sensation too. I also used to have one so I'm familiar with it from different angles.
14. SleepingOz posted on 05 Feb 2013, 08:25 4
"because the United States are another enemy of the South Korean state."
Victor it's North Korean state..
15. zrated posted on 05 Feb 2013, 08:25 2
"...because the United States are another enemy of the South Korean state."
error. should be "North Korean state".
18. Nathan_ingx posted on 05 Feb 2013, 08:48 0
Okay, here it is... It's a Samsung for South Koreans
iPhone for Americans
Nokia for Indians
Motorola for the Japanese
LG for the North Koreans
HTC for the South-East Asians
Sony for the Europeans...
19. Orbitman posted on 05 Feb 2013, 08:51 0
Phandroid says it's an HTC Butterflly
40. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 05 Feb 2013, 15:22 0
Nope... I disagree. HTC may be desperate, but they are still from Taiwan, and Taiwan, as we all know, is a thorn in China's side, and is protected by North Korea's great 'enemy', the US of A. Not only that, but I don't think that is quite a 5" screen on that phone, and the HTC Butterfly has straight edges, which this mystery phone does not (see the scalloped slopes of the ends of the phone?). There is a 3.5mm port at the top of this phone, and I see no branding immediately apparent (though it is hard to tell exactly). I suspect that this device is not the HTC Butterfly, but is, in fact, the Huawei Ascend P1 LTE... made in, perhaps, their only friend among the nations, China!
25. akishakoi posted on 05 Feb 2013, 10:34 3
it's a Nokia 3310 dressed as a touchphone. NoKor closed its doors from the world and they know nothing about touchphones. This is only a bluff to show that they are hi-tech.
26. lallolu posted on 05 Feb 2013, 10:36 2
It looks like HTC sensation. I have one it looks exactly like it
28. fashion_m posted on 05 Feb 2013, 10:50 3
It has rounded top and bottom and it looks like 2011 Sony Ericsson Xperia models.
33. cripton805 posted on 05 Feb 2013, 12:45 0
They really need to feed their people a little more by the looks of the phone, chair, cigarrette, and table.
Why don't they let their people leave at least? Oh yeah, cuz nobody would want to live there o_0
36. gwuhua1984 posted on 05 Feb 2013, 13:43 0
It's an HTC according to some S Korean and Taiwan newspaper, and seems like everyone is guessing that it's the Sensation.
42. InspectorGadget80 posted on 05 Feb 2013, 17:48 0
I read on PHANDROID it may be a HTC BUTTERFLY but how can u tell at a small picture? and who cares bout this DICTACTOR
45. Not_Amused321 posted on 05 Feb 2013, 19:06 1
Whatever kind of phone, I'd be more than glad to use it as a warhead strapped to a missile and launch it up his ass.
46. a_tumiwa posted on 05 Feb 2013, 20:34 0
anyone know how many phone with curve back-body design?
47. garz_pa posted on 05 Feb 2013, 21:02 0
Who cares what brand he prefers? Only one thing's for sure: it's nuclear-proof. LOL
50. joey18 posted on 05 Feb 2013, 21:44 0
maybe they are planing to clone the iphone 5s using the blackberry z10
55. b1acktiger posted on 07 Feb 2013, 11:54 0
Finally i'm unveiling the curtains, its a Taiwanese made HTC !
56. jameshoe posted on 10 Feb 2013, 09:09 0
i am sure north korea leader will not using south korea product