Kickstarter record-funded Pebble smartwatch overwhelmed by demand, won't make it in September
0. phoneArena 25 Jul 2012, 07:07 posted on
The Pebble smartwatch is the very embodiment of crowd-funding success - it got $10 million in funding, exceeding its initial target of $100,000 more than 100 times…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. smallworld (Posts: 448; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Am I the only one finding this device not interesting ?
3. adubz86 (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
It seems like a good idea, but how can they realistically be marketing this as something you should use while running or biking? You still have to have you actual phone on you for the Bluetooth to be in range, so why not just use your phone. There are already (free) apps that do everything this does for iOS and Android. The seemingly great functionality is far outweighed by the impracticality of needing to keep your phone in your possession or within 30 feet. Not to mention is looks about a tacky as wearing Vibrums, but those are pretty popular right now.
4. adubz86 (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
I have mounted my DroidX on my bike before and does everything this does PLUS play my music collection.
5. KingNote (Posts: 15; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
No, actually I think this device will be a hit. We need the watch tech market to grow...
8. buccob (Posts: 1821; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
not really, the Motoactiv is marketed to athletes, runners, sports...
and it is priced quite expensive.
The pebble is a budget device for the regular smartphone user... so I guess is more like the sony smartwatch
7. buccob (Posts: 1821; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
This is interesting because they are putting features that actually make them an useful companion to the smartphone.
- E-paper display so it is ON all the time for about 1 week
Drawbacks for me is limited display options aesthetically. And low resolution.
I might buy one when they retail.