Key Lime Pie UI concept looks nice, but has few surprises
0. phoneArena 15 Jun 2013, 11:18 posted on
Android software concepts are a much harder business than iOS concepts. Apple is so careful about what features it adopts, there are a wealth of options for concept designers to play with like widgets, dynamic homescreens, etc. With Android, there are so many stock features, or features available through custom launchers and apps, that it makes it much more difficult to come up with compelling concept designs for the next version of Android Key Lime Pie...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. loyals (Posts: 129; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
ios7 is even more beautiful,,,android fans gotta admit it this time !!
8. MCrapp (Posts: 318; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
1.I hate iOS7 icons
2.Lockscreen wallaper loks like HTC wallpaper from Sensation
3.3D wallpapers loks like inspired by Samsung and new TW.
4.Dialler loks like calculator
5.Calendar made by Google
11. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1288; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
U sure bro?
I am not a fan of any OS, ios7 bring alot of improvements to current os like multi tasking,control center etc but I must say the new introduced UI is still behind android & WP in terms of looks, It lacks the wow factor, dont get me wrong it does look modern but not better than wp&android. And its definitely a nice improvement to current iOS users. Enjoy
just my personal opinion.
13. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Reading iPhone fans comments on the internet, it looks like even majority of them won't agree with you.
38. quakan (Posts: 1343; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
I personally wasn't sure how to feel about the look and feel of iOS 7 until I got my hands on it. I love it much better than the current iOS. Definitely refreshing and pleasant to use. I'll be ready this fall to install it as soon as it is available.
16. Furbal (Posts: 873; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Android can be whatever the user wants it to be. So no, it is not more beautiful
17. Zero0 (Posts: 592; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
More beautiful than this? Heck no.
More beautiful than modern Android? Still no.
19. hms2407 (Posts: 94; Member since: 25 Apr 2013)
ios 7 more beautiful?? according to 80% apple fanboys ios 7 is the ugliest update they ever received...no offense but those neonish colors make ios 7 look gay !!
37. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
They were brainwashed and they will never get used to the newer iOS 7.. that's where the avid fandroids kick in.
41. Sitchiro (Posts: 6; Member since: 15 Jun 2013)
Are you out of your mind ? open your eyes to really!
50. Samir_Maric (Posts: 85; Member since: 28 Oct 2012)
In IOS7 like toggles etc....., Apple didn't comes with new things. They added some features what android already have...., I still like Android user interface much more then IOS7
52. spideyhead256 (Posts: 148; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
honestly? iOS7 looks like a goddamn fruit salad to me.
2. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
TaKe that iOS7!!
32. AnTuTu (Posts: 1575; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
They may copy this in their next release :p
4. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
body of phone is smoking hot.its almost ideal.love to see it in real.
36. Igneel (unregistered)
Well, Nexus 4 IS smoking hot xD
5. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Can't wait for KLP and its full desktop support.
KLP will widen the gap even more between Android and every other OS.
6. meyy91 (Posts: 7; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Promising UI..! Really..!
RIP IO7.. We Droids are always ahead..! ;)
7. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
would like to have the HTC one mini running this :)
9. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Key Lime Pie will shock ppl. It's a complete rework of the Linux kernel code rumored to run smoothly on as low as a 1-core CPU with 256MBs of RAM.
12. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1288; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
I heard it will run on 512mb ram
its really will be good for law end android phones
25. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
If that happens the Low end Market will be Flooded will Android.....(as if that's not happening now ;) )
26. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Yeah, but flooded with much better quality. Bring it on!
45. taikucing (unregistered)
that's what I'm waiting for. I hope it can run linux program natively & java program
10. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1288; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Wow looks so cool...
take a note google
14. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1288; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Transparent status bar will be a nice addition
I hate current black status bar of stock android it does not suit wallpapers other than black one.
15. JMartin22 (Posts: 1876; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Even if iOS is still boring looking. This interface, too, is still too plain and similar. I was hoping for a radical overhaul for their 5th anniversary.
43. JMartin22 (Posts: 1876; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Knowing their track record, I doubt the UI is far off from the concept
18. chris2k5 (Posts: 43; Member since: 17 Nov 2012)
Looks like Jellybean with 1-3 things looking different. No innovation this time from Google.
23. Hallucinator (Posts: 344; Member since: 24 May 2010)
Yet you guys are all acting like it's real until someone knocks it. You can't have it both ways....
21. hms2407 (Posts: 94; Member since: 25 Apr 2013)
to all buttfurt apple fanboys here,this is just the concept idea...is isnt even close to the alpha output so for godsake stop spreading hate...go and play with your so called innovative ios 7 that probably lacks everything on a older device
22. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
Is my Galaxy nexus still get this upgrade too, when it out! ?
27. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
One thing I'd like to see is multi-screen capability native. Touchwiz is moving in that direction, stock needs it as well so it can be more useful on tablets and even notebooks/pc's.
28. tedkord (Posts: 9671; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
This is just a concept from some artist not in any way connected with KLP. Why would anyone get excited or disappointed?
30. kboo1995 (unregistered)
Oh my God people
This is just a concept for god sake
Sometimes I feel like am the only one who can read English
31. imkyle (Posts: 1068; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
For some reason I don't like it. Seems to familiar.
34. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
Then, stick to it... and sit and watch the
polluted Android crowd. :-)
39. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
nice. . . it looks clean/neat & tidy. hope this one gets integrated next.
42. Trex95 (Posts: 875; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Honestly it does looks elegant but still kinda off Ubuntu wallpaper. Hope Google/Android will fix the ram consumption, suddenly glitch lag and improve the frame rate in upcoming KLP update that's all Android need to be the best OS.
44. kanagadeepan (Posts: 888; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
So these great features are coming to iOS8 or iOS9????
47. PorkyBurger (Posts: 585; Member since: 18 May 2013)
iOS7 has made a lot of new things, as you may think, and Android 5.0 didn't. That's because Android have a lot already (widgets, notification bar, nice design), and they are out of ideas, because this is almost finished OS. Only thing they may do is refresh design.
About iOS. Before they had not such a lot of features. Now, when it's kind of late, they add a ton of them, so they could look a lot better than other OS.
51. Samir_Maric (Posts: 85; Member since: 28 Oct 2012)
What about Android 4.3 rumour? Is Google release Android 4.3 or directly release 5.0?
54. IHatePhones (Posts: 99; Member since: 12 Aug 2009)
Hmm kinda looks like the Palm OS from the Palm Pre... But hey, it's not a bad thing, just feels Palmy to me.
55. haissac_amin (Posts: 4; Member since: 02 Jul 2013)
Im an LG user...I may not Samsung products or TouchWiz.
But when comes to Rotten apple... I should say..
iPhone sucks. iOS7 sucks well too. Just admit it that u cant face competition and start dragging other competitors to court.
Can the competitors drag you to court too? Since ur iOS7 is an almost a copy to Jelly bean?
56. BraggingBob (Posts: 25; Member since: 17 May 2013)
At least it doesn't have ugly live tiles.