Just which smartphone is the top seller at Verizon?
0. phoneArena 26 Jun 2012, 19:08 posted on
William Blair analyst Anil Doradla said on Tuesday that the Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX has surpassed the Apple iPhone 4S to become the top selling smartphone at the nation's largest carrier, Verizon; meanwhile, also on Tuesday Michael Walkley, analyst with Canaccord Genuity, said his checks show the iPhone 4S on top...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
53. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
No, I was looking at At&ts top phones, that's cool for Moto to I guess, but it's always good to see something other then Android and iOS.
2. Goldeneye (Posts: 419; Member since: 22 Jan 2011)
Will be really interesting to see this info by the end of the year, when the GSIII and new iphone are at full speed.
48. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
There are more females than males. Females have smaller hands than males, other things being equal. Steve Jobs understand this and other important facts like about 90% of us are right-handed.
In summary, the new Apple iPhone with the smaller screen will outsell Samsung GIII with the super-sized screen, respectively.
54. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Hey ardent can I borrow your crystal ball I want to buy some stocks and make sure I don't lose any money.
Oh wait, you have no f**king clue what you're talking about and you generally pull s**t out of your ass.
57. wsucoug13 (Posts: 164; Member since: 04 May 2012)
how does that not make sense to you.... think about it. iPhones are totally chick phones. they like to put cute and brightly colored cases on them and s**t and go on facebook. that is it.
3. Carlitos (Posts: 514; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
I think advertisements had a lot to do for the selling of so much Droid razr/Maxx. I believe late last month I'm not sure. Was when the Droid Does commercials began.
4. Synack (Posts: 677; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Well maybe it will succeed the RAZR if and only if Verizon promotes the balls out of it like they did the RAZR. Verizon must REALLY like Motorola and the RAZR because they did the same thing for the original RAZR several years ago.
28. residualhatred (Posts: 25; Member since: 28 May 2012)
Verizon and Motorola have always had a good relationship. Most of the marketing dollar will be skewed toward motorola products because of that relationship.
30. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I couldn't agree more, Verizon has always had the best Motorola phones since the OG DROID came out.
5. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Walkley, talk about serious iDenial.
Fact is this: iPhone 4S was number two at Verizon during Q2 and the DROUD RAZR MAXX was number one!!
iReign over, time for a new RULER.
And, just wait for the numbers for Q3 with the SG III on all carriers; it'll be iDeath to Facetime and it's iWiFi.
10. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
How is that a fact when Verizon hasn't reported their Q2 sales?
29. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
I am reporting on Verizon's behalf.
Go connect to your iWiFi.
31. GellerDoesDallas (Posts: 50; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
I remember that trash when he used to visit BGR, all taco did was whine and cry like a baby, he knows the RAZR is outselling the iPhone he just can't handle it.
40. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Well actually the article your posting on says the iPhone is outselling the Razr
49. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Prepare to yet again eat humble pie. PAPINYC, you must love humble pie since you eat so much of it.
6. CommentBoxEnforcer (Posts: 99; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
Its crazy how 1 phone(iPhone) can compete with a million androids
8. Synack (Posts: 677; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
It's crazy how one phone (Galaxy S3) is better than every iPhone combined. Samsung underestimated the demand by 2 MILLION preorders.
11. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Nothing official yet so we'll see
55. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
whats that taco? when its not in your favor its "nothing official", but when 99% of all websites report something against you and 1 website posts jibberish supporting you, only the 1 website is right... right? lol your such a stupid troll.
22. CommentBoxEnforcer (Posts: 99; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
No matter if its a galaxy s, nexus or note....they all try to compete with the iphone...1 phone competing with a million androids
32. Synack (Posts: 677; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
I think it needs to be looked at as:
iPhone 3GS vs OG Droid
iPhone 4 vs Galaxy S1
iPhone 4S vs Galaxy S2
iPhone 5 vs Galaxy S3
Purely in sales here.
33. Sackboy117 (Posts: 178; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Its one OS vs another, yet iOS only releases one phone each year, whereas Android has many different companies competing not only with Apple, but with each other. This leads to multiple Android flagship smartphones at once each trying to be the best in their own OS.
36. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
understimated. please they copied what apple does but they call it .. understimated.. but thats a page out of Apple playbook.. creating shortage page 87 Apple's book of sales
9. MalakiMills (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Jun 2010)
Not that crazy, think about it. You want iOS you have one option. You want android, well you have more options than you need. Even if there was only 5 Android phones the iPhone will still more than likely outsell each one individually, but Android would sell more as a whole. It's less about the phone itself and more about what the phone can do, or more specifically what operating system you want.
13. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
iPhone competeds with all those android phones as well so that's a pretty lame argument.
34. metoyou (Posts: 279; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
When ppl saying the way your saying is plain stupid. try to reverse it and then say again.
Choice one - you only have ONE Apple to choose to buy
Choice two - you have MANY different orange to choose to buy
Now TELL me which one do you think is an easy sell?
If you cant' answer this simple math then please be quiet
51. roscuthiii (Posts: 2224; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Not really... think of it as Honda making only the Accord and then comparing it to all the other manufacturers and their differing makes and models... Guess which one would probably have the highest singular sales?