Just bought a third-gen iPad? Apple might replace it with iPad 4 for free
0. phoneArena 23 Oct 2012, 15:46 posted on
In case you are reading this article, you are most likely an owner of the new iPad that isn't that new anymore. That's because Apple just announced a newer, upgraded version of its 9.7-inch tablet, with a faster processor, enhanced wireless connectivity, and a better front-facing cam. Now you are probably cursing Apple for bringing an upgraded model only 7 months after unveiling the previous one, but word on the street has it that you might be entitled to a free replacement, under certain conditions, of course...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sithvenger (banned) (Posts: 371; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
That's one of the many cool things about apples customer service.
17. AnTuTu (Posts: 1580; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Because they have used totally different plug.
9. RomeoJDR (Posts: 244; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
How is this an example of good customer service? Like most businesses, Apple has a 30 day return policy already in place as long as the product is in new condition. They are just rewording their own policy to make it look like they are doing something good for the customer.
24. philip_1 (Posts: 27; Member since: 28 Jul 2009)
And is this return option will be in all countries and all shops??
Then apple will not make money at all!
And what if someone own an Ipad3 31 days??ohh yeah,, it is very old to give it back!
...B@ll - Seat...
21. MeoCao (unregistered)
I don't think so, it's b-c of 30 day trial period, you can return the iPad 3 anyway.
25. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 886; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
First lets see if its true. I'm as skeptical about this as a Foxconn employee is about a raise.
26. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1717; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
OH WOW a 30 day warranty, no customer service has that anywhere but Apple!!! Yayyyyyy....give me a f**king break
2. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3724; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I LOVE Sharon Vaknin of CNET fame. So hot!
3. ajac09 (Posts: 1481; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
so wait you can return a product get what you pay for it back and buy another product with it? lol talk to us when exchange period is 45 days and not the standard 30 lol
10. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
wow...really shock me apple....
you announce a lot lately and never thought you'll announce iPad 4 on the same year that the iPad 3 is announce....but after steve died, your security sucks! all the leaks are real!
11. dicemoney (Posts: 58; Member since: 28 Mar 2011)
Stfu u can return and get your money back or exchange for a newer model if its the same price or return it now get your money back and buy the new one when they realease it now u can go eat a D1(k
15. Rydsmith (Posts: 530; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
I think I just became mentally wetrarded.
13. kcombs (Posts: 275; Member since: 15 Dec 2010)
There will be one more iPad3 on eBay soon, time to switch to an Android tablet.
16. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i think the reason why apple is releasing iPad 4 and iPad mini is that they want to flood the market like android do..
27. someones4 (Posts: 625; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
they can't compete with android in terms of volume or quantity
18. someones4 (Posts: 625; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
i call bollocks. Apple is way too cheap for such a promo.
19. absolete (Posts: 12; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
It'd be better if they swap the iPad for nexus 7 hahahaha
20. lnguyen7186 (Posts: 24; Member since: 30 May 2011)
Thank you Apple you the best.*** best of the best**** of all smart phones and tablets that I have used!
22. techytechtech (banned) (Posts: 33; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
if that is true it is really and truly an awesome move from apple to keep the customers interested and feeling they are being loved and cared for.
i wish it was a little longer though maybe like 3 to 4 months then it would have been a nail on the coffin.
but still big up to apple for doing it up even a monthly period. and it is justified with the amount people spill on their products anyways.
23. saiki4116 (Posts: 379; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
What's the problem for Apple, they are taking the ipad 3 replacing it with ipad4 and selling refurbished ipad3 for 379$...either way good deal for apple...
28. lnguyen7186 (Posts: 24; Member since: 30 May 2011)
Android is a kids play ground with no life, widget this, widget that, for what? Like i said is it a child's phone.