Jury gives Microsoft victory over Motorola in patent trial
0. phoneArena 04 Sep 2013, 22:27 posted on
On Wednesday, a jury ruled in favor of Microsoft in a patent trial against Google subsidiary Motorola; at issue was Motorola's failure to license certain patents to the Redmond based company at a fair and reasonable rate. Microsoft was awarded $14 million by the jury, about half of what the company had asked for. That included $11 million that Microsoft spent to relocate a warehouse in Germany due to an injunction against the software giant...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
11. takeja (Posts: 35; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
Tell stop it to rotten Microsoft
1) Microsoft blackmails Android manufacturers so Microsoft has more money from one android than from one limited WP
2) Microsoft is full of corruption in, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Italy, Czechia, Germany, now recently in Russia and Kazakhstan
Google just wants to defend against such a rotten company with
3) NSA back doors in every Windows
20. papss (unregistered)
Right so the last line showed how silly you are.., so google isn't in on the NSA crap? Just stop being dumb already.
21. takeja (Posts: 35; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
Hello silly, as you know android is open source so the NSA back doors would be discovered ;)
Maybe that is why it's open source= not to be pressed to include any back door while we have to use closed Microsoft with undiscoverable NSA back doors, you don't need to use open Google products
Think twice before posting ;)
23. stealthd (unregistered)
That's just adorable. You do realize Android is NOT 100% open source right? And being open source does not stop a back door from being there. And Google's services aren't open source either, you know, Gmail, Google Calendar, Contacts, Google Voice, etc. Thats all just as accessible to the NSA as any Microsoft service.
30. maysider (Posts: 38; Member since: 11 Aug 2013)
You are really not so smart.....
You can use just the open source part of android ;)
No one press you to use gmail our another Google service
While we all have to use closed Windows due to corruption
26. papss (unregistered)
Just stop before you embarrass yourself with your blinders. It's already been proven that both were giving data to the NSA but you wouldn't know that being stuck on googles genitals. Here's a tip, if you start to gag just back off and breath.
13. special4u (Posts: 63; Member since: 22 May 2013)
its lucky for Microsoft to paid 14 million to Google, as 4 billion is too much.
if it is Samsung, they would want it free.
7. MartyK (Posts: 817; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
What do any one expect?, the trial was held in the State of Microsoft, oops I mean Washington...
Think about it, this is how it works in the USA.
24. stealthd (unregistered)
That's how it works huh?
And you base this on...wait for it...nothing.
9. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Entire Jury must have grown up playing Solitaire on windows so what else can anyone expect?
12. special4u (Posts: 63; Member since: 22 May 2013)
so GOOGLE is nothing more "ethical" than any other companies
4 billion of licencing fees, i wonder whats so expensive about the patent?
14. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3718; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Oh OK great.. Patent war.. MicroSoNoLumia...
15. joey_sfb (Posts: 5742; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
wow I didn't know you can don't pay for a license to use other people stuff and till get paid doing it.
m$ fanboy must be really happy.
16. special4u (Posts: 63; Member since: 22 May 2013)
Samsung did that and get fine, bravo for the JURY!
17. volcano (Posts: 348; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
No they don't want to recieve standard paiments for inssential patents they want to break their agreement in order to get unreasonable ammount of money for standard patents
28. joey_sfb (Posts: 5742; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Yes! Indeed. The justice i grew up to know is for those that could pay the king's ransom, I have never experience Justice cause i couldn't afford one.
25. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Someone needs to serve you apple care after im done with you
29. joey_sfb (Posts: 5742; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Therefore, i don't support companies that bring lawsuits to their competitors even the ones from Google or Android OEMs.
Eventually, their customer will be the one to pay for their ligation bills.
22. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Yet again Judge got paid by M$
27. papss (unregistered)
Right.. And you know this how? Proof?