July shows huge surge in the number of users of the Windows Phone 7 Facebook app
0. phoneArena 07 Aug 2012, 09:42 posted on
Does the huge jump in the number of users of the official Windows Phone 7 Facebook app in July mean anything relating to a possible bounce in the number of users of the platform; the number of users of the app rose 21% in just 1 month...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
24. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
The only reason I am on Facebook is because all my friends are there
25. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
im into twitter kinda person... but facebook is fun btw.... google+ is boring, but it got some unique interface that i like!
3. dickwyn (Posts: 552; Member since: 07 May 2012)
in November i will be one of the users of the facebook app, then i will say so long android
5. StreetNerd (Posts: 699; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
Omnia 7 > Lumia 800 > my next WP8 device + Surface 8 PRO
4. andro. (Posts: 1927; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
More so the app got a much need update towards the end of june which made it more usable for windows users who previously would have avoided using it. Unfotunately saying that its still doesn't open alot of the facebook links and update stuff people post which would have opened on rival platforms.
6. moanismk (Posts: 13; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
"... which grew by just 1 million users from 2.3 million to 2.4 million....."
did you mean 0.1 million (also known as 100 thousand)?
7. -box- (Posts: 3564; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I started using the app because facebook's website kept crashing in both mobile and desktop modes, as well as on my Android and computers. While the app is visually appealing and easy to use, it doesn't block posts like the web version (games especially, ugh) which has been frustrating. Since the IPO it seems the quality of the site has fallen off a cliff
8. Savage (Posts: 431; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
Well, maybe the app doesnt crash as much as its iOS and Android counterpart? :P
Windows Mobile platform is the one which I'd like to see.....rise.
18. Alistaire (Posts: 132; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Using Lumia 900 since beginning of july, got rid of Iphone4s. FB app does not crash on me. Using it all the time. The app needs an upgrade though.
21. Savage (Posts: 431; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
True. The droid and iOS apps suck big time. You either need a high-speed connection or a high-end device to function properly.
I ain't used a Windows app though.
9. darkvadervip (Posts: 275; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
It seems like people are just plain out happy with the windows operation system and slowly adapting to its use. Remember everybody didnt like android at first it took time to grow on you and get updates.
10. android_sucks (Posts: 111; Member since: 28 Jul 2011)
I am a windows phone user and I could not be happier!!! Woot Woot!!!
12. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
oh haters.... go return to your android nation and apple kingdom... its windows phone empire bitch!
13. Dunknown (Posts: 80; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Windows Phone OS will have a good future and become the crown of Mobile OS taking the Android place (currently). But symbian still remain the crown in terms of number of buyers in the pass few years. Actually there are more Symbian phone compared to Android Phone currently in the market.
16. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
agree with you.. people buy symbian because its nokia.... and nokia is one of the toughest phone manufacturer ever (drop the iPhone.. iPhone break, drop the galaxy s3, s3 cracks, drop 3310 the floor breaks.. even the new lumia...)
i just wish nokia will consider symbian as low end OS for smartphone not S40.. s40 are for dumbphones....
and symbian doesnt require that much... it can run fluidly on 800mhz processor!
android is an ok os but heavily skinning it make it bad and laggy!!!
14. AeroPrime (Posts: 142; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
Now people knows what a real OS should be and that is Windows Phone... They have been long in the industry. Windows Phone is the only closed source OS that encourage to share socially. I love WP. and i'm a former open source fan. I don't need to tell which OS it is.
22. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
because its linux and the os is android! :)
windows phone is just a new OS it was born 2009-2010...
but the real multitasker is blackberry 10 phones.. since bb10 is created base on QNX (which playbook is base too, playbook is a good multitasker) hp's webOS on the TouchPad looks similar to playbook OS and its good on handling multitasking too (i wish HP wont kill webOS and i hope it will be open source soon to stop android... but i think they need to change there name!) and meego platform too on the N9 (the REAL LINUX PHONE)
but if windows phone 8 will offer a real multitasking.. then it is up to us decide who is better (android aint a good multitasker since its a big battery eater!)!!
wish bb10,wp8 and open webOS the best!
27. AeroPrime (Posts: 142; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
I'm not talking abt WP OS... i'm taking about windows when it was born during Bill's time. The experience of Microsoft with providing to the customers. Windows CE which was the predecessor of windows phone.... release in 1996 which was 15 years ago....thats what i'm talking about.
15. Glim12808 (Posts: 391; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Although I started using WP December of last year, and I use Facebook a lot, it's just been recently that I've started using the facebook app in my phone, due mainly to the improvements done to it. Maybe that's part of the explanation for the surge in user base?
20. android_sucks (Posts: 111; Member since: 28 Jul 2011)
Thumbs down on all of the post are from phandroids!!!
23. Savage (Posts: 431; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
Seeing that username of yours, I'm not surprised.