Juice your phone off the grid with these solar, wind, bike, crank and heat mobile chargers
0. phoneArena 17 Dec 2012, 06:02 posted on
Options for off the grid charging of your phone include harnessing both solar and wind power, the kinetic energy from yours or your bike's movements, and even heat-generated electricity, which might come in handy if you are in the Outback somewhere, starved for a 911 call or an Angry Birds session...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Ohrules (Posts: 298; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
or just get a feature phone for about 30 USD and just pop your SIM into it when your smartphone goes dead
2. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Yup! That sounds more legit. :D
I like 5 though...
3. buccob (Posts: 970; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
What about Powertrekk... which recharge the phone with water!...
I know there was an article a few month ago... but you have to include it in a list like this...
4. Daniel.P (Posts: 97; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
The Powertrekk was featured in our previous collection, these here are mostly newer solutions - the SunVolt was still at Kickstarter, for example.