Judge sets September 20th date for hearing on preliminary injunctions; Apple is grateful
0. phoneArena posted on 24 Aug 2012, 22:33
While the verdict has been spelled out in terms of dollars and cents, there still is the matter of Apple's request for injunctions on certain Samsung phones; Apple has until the 29th to file a motion, Samsung has 14 days to respond followed by 2 more days for Apple to once again reply...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Jay_F posted on 24 Aug 2012, 22:36 25 2
I'm sure that's what Apple wants everybody to believe.
13. Hammerfest posted on 24 Aug 2012, 23:09 15 3
exactly, I mean did anyone read "At Apple, we value originality and innovation" and NOT end up laughing their metaphorical a$$es off? EDIT: besides blind apple fanboys of course
from a company who owns more patents that are based on PRIOR ART then any other company in existence, BULL$HI# is the first word that comes to mind
22. fanboy posted on 25 Aug 2012, 00:07 4 5
The company says it values innovation and originality
53. neutralguy posted on 25 Aug 2012, 08:31 5 1
"we value originality and innovation"
but buys a company to acquire an innovative tech. Apple didn't innovate. It buys something innovative for it's own good. It's not original.
And i really hate the fact that apple's suing a company because the designs of their devices looks similar. I mean, where's the innovation in there?
Originality in icons?
Oh god. As if they are original with those icons. Nokia used gears for representing "settings" way before iPhone was being planned.
What's wrong in this system is the fact that those patents regarding the design of icons were granted to apple..
I would give credit to apple if they used the "pinch to zoom" function. I think they are the ones who started it. But please, stop being a monopolistic company.. Don't sue everyone.. If you love innovation, a competition is needed. Without competition, there's no innovation. Why innovate if no one's challenging your product right?
80. Ravail posted on 25 Aug 2012, 15:30 2 0
Lol i dare Apple to take a shot at Nokia...
2. Savage posted on 24 Aug 2012, 22:38 16 1
The only device which will be found infringing would be the SGS1. Apple names any more devices, it would be bloody unfair.
15. Droid_X_Doug posted on 24 Aug 2012, 23:16 6 1
Remember a couple of months back when HTC had its phones stopped at U.S. Customs? It was because of a ban order that the ITC issued. Remember how long sales of the banned HTC phones were suspended? About 2 weeks. 3 at the most. Know what was done to get the phones un-banned? Software changes were installed that were non-infringing.
Guess what Sammy is going to do? They probably will include a list of revised software that is going to be installed on the infringing handsets the day after the motion is filed that does not infringe the patents they were found to infringe.
Anyone with a current Sammy phone on the list of infringing phones might want to seriously consider disabling the OTA update function until this all blows over.
20. Savage posted on 24 Aug 2012, 23:37 5 0
Yeah. That is a shame, Apple getting such trivial patents. An OTA update will set things right. But it is necessary to fix the broken patent system. Apple already has a patent for Google-Glasses like device and they ain't even started working on it.
33. Hunt3rj2 posted on 25 Aug 2012, 02:29 3 6
Dude, HTC phones clearly infringe upon the iPhone. Especially with the original Desire. A chrome earpiece, and metal buttons with engraved channels for LED lighting, totally Apple technology. The Evo LTE, obviously a copy of the iPhone 4s with it's metallic back cover and EVO red kickstand on the back. The One X? HUMONGOUS COPY OF IPHONES MAN. Especially with the all polycarbonate back and lack of any physical buttons beyond power and volume controls.
Remember, it's about values.
35. wendygarett (limited) 6 days ago posted on 25 Aug 2012, 02:40 2 5
yup htc is a copycat :)
38. tedkord posted on 25 Aug 2012, 04:45 10 0
Now, what were we talking about?
43. Hunt3rj2 posted on 25 Aug 2012, 06:04 2 0
51. Droid_X_Doug posted on 25 Aug 2012, 07:53 4 0
It would seem that Wendy is going to need to post a 'proof-of-life' profile pic... ;-)
47. Ohrules posted on 25 Aug 2012, 07:37 0 0
55. MartyK posted on 25 Aug 2012, 08:36 1 0
Right!, I have to give her a thumb up on the pic alone...lol
41. Droid_X_Doug posted on 25 Aug 2012, 06:00 4 0
Hi, Wendy! Let me ask you a question - do you confuse your HTC phone with your collection of iPhones? I mean like when you pick up the HTC and start to use it, are you thinking you are using iMessage to send a text to one of your friends?
46. wendygarett (limited) 6 days ago posted on 25 Aug 2012, 07:22 1 2
Actually not at all :)
I never use the imessage my friend
It just that the pop up animation (i don't really know how to describe that) is so similar compare with iPhone...
50. Droid_X_Doug posted on 25 Aug 2012, 07:51 1 0
What pop-up animation are you referring to? Which app is producing the animation? Sense? Or?
52. Droid_X_Doug posted on 25 Aug 2012, 08:09 2 0
Wendy, I am not trying to push you on what is similar between the HTC and iPhone. Just trying to understand what it is that you think is similar.
63. wendygarett (limited) 6 days ago posted on 25 Aug 2012, 09:12 0 2
I don't know what to say, most are follow android but just that part make me feels like using the iphone. Every time I click settings make me feels more like using the iphone
64. wendygarett (limited) 6 days ago posted on 25 Aug 2012, 09:15 3 1
Im sorry doug, maybe i feel nervous first time using the android. But I will get used to it :)
65. remixfa posted on 25 Aug 2012, 09:17 1 0
unless something's changed, isnt iOS's settings in a light blue/dark blue motif? How does HTCs settings menu remind you of that?
66. wendygarett (limited) 6 days ago posted on 25 Aug 2012, 09:32 0 1
of course not the colour. What i mean is, by the time you press the icon, the animation pop out from the middle of the screen, just like iphone with the faster speed so you won't notice
54. rf1975 posted on 25 Aug 2012, 08:33 0 1
HTC was making nice windows phone for Qtek, imate etc. They newer make copycat product like Shamsung. Shamsung makes copycat product almost for all successful product that other company makes.
40. Droid_X_Doug posted on 25 Aug 2012, 05:54 2 0
Not any more. If the HTC phones infringed Apple's patents that were covered under the ITC order, they would still be sitting in shipping containers in U.S. Customs warehouses.
44. Hunt3rj2 posted on 25 Aug 2012, 06:08 1 3
No man, we all know that HTC is infringing on Apple patents. Take a close look at the fact that you can pinch to zoom, and how the overscroll animation, especially in Sense 4, is an obvious iOS copy.
On the hardware side, note the display. The colors are accurate and calibrated, and the glass rolls down to the plastic to make the glass end without an edge. The display has a resolution high enough to be unable to distinguish pixels at most ranges. That's something that only Apple is allowed to do, even if they haven't done it yet.
75. Savage posted on 25 Aug 2012, 11:37 0 0
I hope you are being sarcastic.
82. Hunt3rj2 posted on 26 Aug 2012, 00:24 0 0
Note the ;).
Now, what is this sarcasm you speak of?
79. PapaSmurf posted on 25 Aug 2012, 15:14 0 0
I seriously hope you were being sarcastic.
83. Hunt3rj2 posted on 26 Aug 2012, 00:25 0 0
No no, I have to be completely serious. Apple is the only innovator in the history of the United States. Henry Ford didn't make mass produced cars, Apple did. Tesla didn't make AC electricity, Apple did.
74. ivanko34 posted on 25 Aug 2012, 10:54 0 0
It is not really justice but protectionism
No chance for samsung to win a trial against apple if the jury are americans
3. bantheiphonedotcom (banned) posted on 24 Aug 2012, 22:40 16 3
'The company says it values innovation and originality and applauds the court for sendng the message that stealing isn't right'
What a bunch of hypocrites....
30. neutralguy posted on 25 Aug 2012, 02:07 5 1
apple's attitude is to steal from others but when others starts to steal from them, they would get mad and sue everyone.
It's on apple's history. They steal some ideas and when someone took a hint from those ideas, they would get mad.
84. Jobes posted on 28 Aug 2012, 15:17 0 0
I would love to see when Apple loses a patent lawsuit for the company to come out and say 'The company says it values innovation and originality and applauds the court for sendng the message that stealing isn't right' in their disclosure.. or even use the same exact paragraph just change the company.. and put an obligatory wink ;)
4. frydaexiii posted on 24 Aug 2012, 22:41 18 1
Oh well, Good luck America. Enjoy your iProducts while the rest of the world advances with Android. I hope it was worth it.
5. bantheiphonedotcom (banned) posted on 24 Aug 2012, 22:44 13 2
I live in America and I never plan on buying iproducts again.
8. frydaexiii posted on 24 Aug 2012, 22:51 5 2
You won't have a choice soon enough. The only phone you could probably get is an iPhone in the near future.
10. bantheiphonedotcom (banned) posted on 24 Aug 2012, 22:59 7 3
no, I will still be able to get a phone - I have connections. :-)
14. bantheiphonedotcom (banned) posted on 24 Aug 2012, 23:09 3 1
lol, -1 for finding away around the ban and getting a non-iphone? Must be an iTroll lurching.
24. nicholassss posted on 25 Aug 2012, 00:49 3 1
I'd smuggle phones over the border with you, man.
26. -box- posted on 25 Aug 2012, 00:58 1 0
Windows phones, used phones, imported international versions, plus the ones that were found to NOT be infringing (GS3)
34. wendygarett (limited) 6 days ago posted on 25 Aug 2012, 02:30 0 2
Im waiting the bb10 instead of iphone
42. Droid_X_Doug posted on 25 Aug 2012, 06:03 0 0
Out of curiosity, what moved you away from the new iPhone and toward BB10? I am truly curious. You seemed so full of anticipation toward the new iPhone in some of your posts.
68. wendygarett (limited) 6 days ago posted on 25 Aug 2012, 09:37 0 0
i will definitely get the iphone but not this year. Im saving the money to buy bb10 1st
37. facelessbelief posted on 25 Aug 2012, 04:30 0 0
Will never buy an Iphone or other Iproduct. I will go cell phone less rather then buy an Iphone.
81. zibbyzib2000 posted on 25 Aug 2012, 18:23 0 0
Are you stupid or something? This isn't Apple vs. Android. It's Apple vs. Samsung. It doesn't really affect the Android OS at all. This lawsuit is how the Samsung Android interface looks similar to that of iOS.
6. hung2900 posted on 24 Aug 2012, 22:48 5 1
Rounded rectangular and zooming (double-tapping and pinching)! What a innovation!
31. ardent1 posted on 25 Aug 2012, 02:12 0 1
So how come you didn't invent it earlier? Hmmm.
So what stopped you?
57. MartyK posted on 25 Aug 2012, 08:43 1 0
The reason why he didn't was...wait...wait....wait...
BECASUE IT WAS ALREADY INVENTED ...
7. rusticguy posted on 24 Aug 2012, 22:50 12 1
This is not about copying or stealing. This is all about American way of delivering justice ... they believe in killing outsiders w/o reason (remember the dialog in Rush Hour 3? ). Samsung is an outsider here ...
In America u can patent silly things like "Yoga Posture" and who knows even postures in loo.
9. bantheiphonedotcom (banned) posted on 24 Aug 2012, 22:56 5 1
that is a good point - strange how their own country banned some their products recently, but I believe the government views companies such as Walmart and APPLE untouchable and gives them much leeway in how the operate business.
11. rusticguy posted on 24 Aug 2012, 23:03 1 1
They just don't give leeway on American soil to Walmart but also try and push them in countries like India where there's stiff opposition to entry of Walmart. Walmart is not meant for India but yet underhand dealings are repeatedly being attempted through politicians with vested interests on both sides. Same applies to GMO companies like Mosantao et al. it all boils down to who funds whom during elections :)
12. bantheiphonedotcom (banned) posted on 24 Aug 2012, 23:08 1 2
great points - here in the states our government has always been underhanded with other governments forcing capitalism/our ideals on other countries/cultures.
27. rusticguy posted on 25 Aug 2012, 01:30 3 1
Check on case of patent being granted on "Basmati" to Rice Tech Inc in 1997 which was done in blatant violation of "TRIPS". So if patent office violates intl treaties to benefit the personal profits of few greedy corporates then there's something definitely not in proper order and all this is GREED driven than sanity driven :)
Sorry for being off-topic but was needed to defend my point of view.
58. MartyK posted on 25 Aug 2012, 08:49 1 0
Especially when Apple atty, said in his closing argument," Don't let THEM take it from US"... in which we all know what that subliminal statement means here in the USA.
If Samsung was Smart they will go back and file copy infringment on Apple over the F700 in S.Korea and with the WTO..but make sure they do it in their home country...because here in the States ( sorry to say this)..they have no chance!!...now Google has a great chance of winning.
59. remixfa posted on 25 Aug 2012, 08:54 0 0
samsung just won an injunction against all iphone/ipad products in korea. what else do they need? lol
16. KingKurogiii posted on 24 Aug 2012, 23:17 6 1
man i hope Googlerola makes Apple sorry for this...
18. frydaexiii posted on 24 Aug 2012, 23:25 8 1
Yeah, all companies are American, so at least the court will be fair. If they're not...well, we all know who paid them not to be.