Judge in ITC case gives initial determination in favor of Motorola over Apple
0. phoneArena 13 Jan 2012, 19:49 posted on
Motorola did not violate any of Apple's patents ruled an Administrative Law Judge in a case brought by Apple in front of the International Trade Commission; the case involved three patents belonging to Apple that the company alleges were used by Motorola without a license...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Sniggly (Posts: 7227; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I'm willing to bet that the ITC will also rule in Motorola's favor when the case they have against Apple in the US (which was filed all the way back in 2010) finally makes it to court.
I'm pretty sure we're in the latter half of the patent wars. If nothing else, Apple will want to get ahold of tech like Motorola's super thin battery designs (3300 mAh in a phone 8.99 mm thick?!?!) and, at this stage, is probably realizing that they can't get away with ripping off patents without paying while suing everyone else forever.
11. gallitoking (Posts: 4698; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Dammm Sniggly full today.... as much as the cell companies.. are growing.. everyone is copying everyone... u sound like apple is the only one.... Microsoft collects money almost from every android maker... Apple will lose a few and will win a few...
12. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6943; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Gallitokong Motorola was the first company that makes a cell phone. They've been making phones long before Apple have the iPhone. Without them we wouldnt have all these phones we have today.
14. gallitoking (Posts: 4698; Member since: 17 May 2011)
And whitout the iphone you wouldnt have a computer in the palm of your hand... Apple didnt invent anything get over that... they just made it better.... they raised the bar for a cellphone... before the iphone.. the cellphones were different.. thats why even pioneer Nokia had to adapt .. thanks to the iphone...
16. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6943; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
PALM PILOTS was a miniature computer BEFORE THE iPhone! AND YOU HAVE A BIG ASS EGO thinking Apple invent everything first but BIG NEWS THEY DIDN'T
15. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Did you set up a hot key to insert ellipses, or do you actually hit the key that many times?
2. antmiu2 (Posts: 254; Member since: 19 Jun 2011)
hey alan you got the pic wrong .. its Motorola over Apple
3. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
Apple is the strongest. He has patented the rectangle with round corners.
4. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6943; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Score a point for Motorola! Im right with you Moto up next is M$. Finally a judge that make sense.
5. theBankRobber (Posts: 649; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Motorola has always been working hard to improve the mobile industry and here comes Apple infringing and claiming others are at fault. Stick to your iPod.... ops sorry that was also a stolen idea. Well damn well that poor guy didn't get a cent for his invention for the music iPod player like device he made, but Apple GAVE home a iPod and said be happy.
6. TKFox007 (Posts: 303; Member since: 02 Nov 2010)
Has anyone presented to the courts that Apple is suing all these companies that make Android phones? HTC, Motorola and Samsung are all in court with Apple, and Apple isn't suing for money or licensing fees, their suing to have the products of those companies taken off the market in a way to destroy Android. So they can control the touchscreen market.
8. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
PA needs a graphic that shows Moto logo throwing a punch at Apple logo with little birds tweeting around Apple logo....
10. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 646; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
LOL, that sounds funny.
13. Lwazi_N (Posts: 205; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
Apple invented nothing, yet they are going after the real innovators in the industry... They will keep losing.