Judge denies Apple request to punish Samsung for leaking evidence; warns against more "theatrics"
0. phoneArena posted on 03 Aug 2012, 18:30
Friday it was both Apple and Samsung's turn to together feel the wrath of Judge Lucy Koh as the judge first denied Apple's request to sanction Samsung for sending previously excluded evidence to the media; the judge then told both parties that she would not put up with any more "theatrics or sideshows"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
12. Techvue posted on 03 Aug 2012, 19:08 13 2
Wow, impressed by her today. But still... She tried to censor evidence from the public. She did censor evidence from the jury. And, Apple backed censorship. For what reason?
51. Hemlocke posted on 04 Aug 2012, 00:56 2 5
Samsung didn't present it within the time limit that they knew about, not to mention they destroyed evidence (emails) and never produced the court-ordered source code. They have gotten off pretty light, so far.
60. Mxyzptlk posted on 04 Aug 2012, 02:41 0 7
So now it's good? Fandroids were cussing the woman left and right. She makes one notion regarding the case above and now you like her?
83. The_Godfather posted on 04 Aug 2012, 20:04 0 0
What the f**k is wrong with Apple?
Are they thinking that they can increase their sales for next iPhone or iPad in this way? They are f**king ruining Apple's image in the market with these moves.
Bottom line is "Apple's" days would be over soon. Love you Sammy :(
84. Droid_X_Doug posted on 04 Aug 2012, 20:29 1 0
Probably the best way to understand what is motivating Apple to go after Sammy is that Sammy is the only Android manufacturer to pose an existential threat to Apple. The smartphone market's profits are pretty evenly split between Apple and Sammy. Everyone else is pretty much single digit percentages.
When you are faced with a challenge to your existence, you bear any burden and incur any cost. Which is what Apple is doing.
2. MalakiMills posted on 03 Aug 2012, 18:37 18 0
Good for the judge for pointing out how ridiculous some of these actions are (the whole dang thing is ridiculous but my point remains).
47. neutralguy posted on 04 Aug 2012, 00:16 3 1
THIS. amen for the "the whole dang thing is ridiculous".
3. andro. posted on 03 Aug 2012, 18:40 3 0
I like the picture chosen to present this article,I wonder who the dark side of the face represents?!
4. Angkor posted on 03 Aug 2012, 18:42 11 1
Judge Koh trial should be focusing on "Look and Feel" as Apple claimed not functionality or others and allow Samsung to prove the Look and Feel that Apple copied from others.
5. jroc74 posted on 03 Aug 2012, 18:47 7 2
Wow...some good news for Samsung in this case for a change...
30. E.N. posted on 03 Aug 2012, 21:45 2 2
I'm glad to see that most of you are in a better mood today. Hopefully no more whining about Judge Koh being a meany to Sammy :(
45. 305Bucko posted on 04 Aug 2012, 00:15 1 5
My thought exactly E.N.
I own an iPhone, doesnt mean I favor apple. I actually prefer Android by FAR. People already assume she favors apple cuz she has an iPhone. ...really?
87. SirCheese posted on 06 Aug 2012, 10:59 0 0
It's her actions...not that she owns an iphone...
11. -box- posted on 03 Aug 2012, 18:53 13 1
No grandstanding or theatrics? Isn't that apple's entire strategy?
14. taco50 (banned) posted on 03 Aug 2012, 19:23 5 33
So today all the fandroids think Judge Koh is a great judge. Don't you see how ridiculous you all are. With each decision you completely change your opinion based on if it's in Apple favor or not. You guys don't care about facts or merit at all.
15. remixfa posted on 03 Aug 2012, 19:27 20 6
if that came from someone who wasnt a completely mental one sided troll, it might not be so hollow.
yea, because she finally made a decent decision.. which the inverse would have been to end the trial declaring Apple the automatic victor.. people are happy.
gee.. i wonder why your not happy about it troll.
16. tedkord posted on 03 Aug 2012, 19:35 25 2
We are happy with the decision, not the Judge. There's a difference.
17. SonyFTW2020 posted on 03 Aug 2012, 19:36 5 1
were not glad for her LOL were glad at the decision! she could flip out at any moment for all we know....stop hating cause were not out this thing yet taco bell....
19. SonyFTW2020 posted on 03 Aug 2012, 19:40 7 1
you know what makes me thumb down people? idiots that talk like they got sense but miss the "BIG" picture of things....cough.... cough.... taco bell.........Dude you have knowledge enough to understand things but you choose to hate on whats right, which makes you look ignorant and dumb...to be real with you
18. tedkord posted on 03 Aug 2012, 19:38 14 2
And, since you don't want Samsung's evidence introduced, you clearly don't care about facts or merit in the least. If facts or merit mattered to you, you'd want the evidence entered into the record. But, of course all you care about is that Apple prevails, no matter how. The ends justify the means.
31. taco50 (banned) posted on 03 Aug 2012, 21:46 1 14
Samsung needs to follow the judicial process if they want their evidence introduced. Not my fault or judge Koh's fault they can't do that.
33. tedkord posted on 03 Aug 2012, 22:22 6 1
Regardless, they are facts. If you cared about facts, you'd want them introduced.
34. BREvenson posted on 03 Aug 2012, 22:30 7 1
Apple was just trying to get the judge to end the case with a bogus summary judgment because of that rejected evidence. Would that be your idea of the "judicial process"? I doubt Samsung, or any normal-minded individual, would want to see it end like that.
Believe it or not, Samsung has been following the process pretty damn well; they are up against a wall with Apple and this judge, so they need to supply irrefutable evidence that they did not copy Apple. Since such evidence was not allowed, they leaked it out to the public, where it had already been in the first place. Apple didn't like it, and neither did the judge...but there was nothing they did (or could have done) to stop it.
This fight is far from over, and both sides are going to keep going at it until they have nothing left. Who knows when that's going to be...
42. networkdood posted on 04 Aug 2012, 00:13 5 1
Do not be an iDIOT, Taco....oh....too late - nevermind
22. pkiran1996 posted on 03 Aug 2012, 19:43 6 1
Because what Apple are requesting is ridiculous and petty. And if she censored evidence from Apple we all know you would be crying your eyes out in your little troll hub.
24. jroc74 posted on 03 Aug 2012, 20:07 2 1
I know good n well you are not trying to act all holier than tho....
Is this where pot...meets...kettle?
And since the judge doesnt want actual old phones Samsung made allowed....F700...and development ideas from Samsung, yet allows Apple's.....I dont see how you care about facts...since that decision favors Apple.
26. Sniggly posted on 03 Aug 2012, 20:52 10 2
Actually, before you commented, not a SINGLE OTHER PERSON voiced a different general opinion about Koh than that which we have been saying. Most of Koh's decisions in this case have still been ludicrous in their bias against Samsung. Now, finally, today, she has made a correct decision regarding this case. People have said this was a good decision, but not the rest.
Your reading comprehension fails you again, Taco.
27. taz89 posted on 03 Aug 2012, 21:30 1 2
Judge must have finally gotten a free galaxy s3 lol
29. taco50 (banned) posted on 03 Aug 2012, 21:45 1 11
So ludicrous decision = anything in Apple's favor
Correct decision = anything in Samsung's favor.
You guys could care less about the facts. Apple could produce an audio recording of Samsung's whole design team admitting to copying the iPhone and you'd still deny Samsung did anything wrong.
32. willard12 posted on 03 Aug 2012, 22:10 10 1
Samsung could produce a video of an Apple CEO stating that Apple has been shameless about stealing great ideas from others and you still wouldn't admit that Apple copies........and that's not a hypothetical.
55. tmcr7 posted on 04 Aug 2012, 01:31 2 1
taco50 wouldn't care about the facts.
36. Sniggly posted on 03 Aug 2012, 23:14 9 1
If Apple produces any evidence of willful intent to continue copying Apple designs with no attempt to add their own spin on them, I will admit that Samsung f**ked up.
However, and I have the screenshot to prove this, you openly admitted that you hope Apple gets patents for things they didn't invent, like Android's notification system, just so they can attack Android with those patents.
This revealed, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that you care nothing for righteousness in this case. Like Apple, you just want Android gone for good no matter what the cost.
You can never get away from that comment, Taco. I have it saved for perpetuity.
37. jroc74 posted on 03 Aug 2012, 23:51 4 1
lol...I remember that day....I could see the steam coming from your post...lol.
49. Sniggly posted on 04 Aug 2012, 00:24 3 2
I was simply flabbergasted that he could be so morally bankrupt.
44. networkdood posted on 04 Aug 2012, 00:15 5 1
I read Taco comments and I lose brain matter by the post....
53. taco50 (banned) posted on 04 Aug 2012, 01:29 2 6
Sniggly I want the fair thing to happen. Samsung copied Apple and should be punished for it.
56. Sniggly posted on 04 Aug 2012, 01:36 5 2
You asked for it.
Do you deny saying this?
57. taco50 (banned) posted on 04 Aug 2012, 01:52 1 5
Can't see it I don't have a google + account
58. Sniggly posted on 04 Aug 2012, 02:01 6 3
Yeah, except you're full of s**t. I've tested the link on browsers where I'm not signed into Plus, and I can see the picture just fine.
59. taco50 (banned) posted on 04 Aug 2012, 02:26 0 4
I seriously can't see it
63. Sniggly posted on 04 Aug 2012, 03:09 2 1
You have to be kidding me. What browser are you using?
67. RapidCat posted on 04 Aug 2012, 04:07 5 1
he using safari browser, thats why, hahahaha
74. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 04 Aug 2012, 08:40 1 0
Just ignore him, he's just commenting to get attention. If he doesn't get it, he'll move somewhere where people will give him what he wants. Stop replying to him if he doesn't have anything worthwhile to add to the conversation.
64. willard12 posted on 04 Aug 2012, 03:14 6 0
The link says," Taco50: What would be great is if Apple can patent their notifications and go after Google."
1. In this quote you acknowledge Apple copies Google.
2. You advocate patent trolling.
If you acknowledge that Apple copies, Steve Jobs admits to shamelessly stealing, why do you continue to go on and on and on and on about the perceived copying of others?
65. Sniggly posted on 04 Aug 2012, 03:21 4 1
And boom goes the dynamite.
72. PhoneArenaUser posted on 04 Aug 2012, 07:24 2 1
61. Droid_X_Doug posted on 04 Aug 2012, 02:49 4 0
It opens fine in Firefox and Dolphin browsers on my RAZR's ICS and in Safari on my GF's iPad3. This is going to be my last post, though - GF is more important than taco.
85. Mxyzptlk posted on 05 Aug 2012, 02:32 0 1
Why don't you just post a working link instead?
75. networkdood posted on 04 Aug 2012, 09:28 1 0
taco that is not true, I am not signed into my google acct and I can see it....
40. jroc74 posted on 03 Aug 2012, 23:55 4 1
And this is how you and folks like you see it:
So ludicrous decision = anything in Samsung's favor
Correct decision = anything in Apple's favor.
So whats the point of these posts? They are worthless. Please dont try to come off like you arent one of PA's biggest Apple fanboys.
43. PhoneArenaUser posted on 04 Aug 2012, 00:14 1 0
No, he just loves his iPhone because it is easy to use. :D
81. LionStone posted on 04 Aug 2012, 11:36 0 0
Enh! Wrong again...Apple "could" NOT because audio recordings are not permissible in court.
35. whysoserious posted on 03 Aug 2012, 22:54 2 1
It never cease to amuse me to see how shallow and stupid your comments are and have always been.