Judge allows Apple and Samsung to add each other's newly made devices to be part of 2014 trial
0. phoneArena 16 Jan 2013, 22:13 posted on
A judge has allowed both Samsung and Apple to add newly released devices and remove one from both sides claims for a patent trial to be held in 2014 under the watchful eyes of Judge Lucy Koh who presided over last year's trial which resulted in a $1.05 billion verdict in favor of Apple; the trial is set to begin on March 31st of 2014...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
This is a routine discovery stipulation. If the patent is invalidated, Apple could add the entire catalog of Samsung phones that are powered by Android, and it wouldn't matter for sh*t.
22. AWiseGuy (Posts: 68; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Because if you try to sue for patent infringement on a patent you don't have, you'd look like an idiot as the judge swiftly kicks you and your time-wasting case out the door. If the patent(s) is(are) invalidated, that's precisely what would go down, although in a somewhat less entertaining manner than Judge Koh physically kicking Apple's attorneys.
20. iCandy (Posts: 46; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Can anyone list exactly which patents are being argued in this case? Thanks.
2. thunderbolt (Posts: 76; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
Watch the Apple stocks nosedive further after S4 ... and then again after Note III.
5. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Actually, watch Apple's share price drop 20% when their patent gets invalidated....
8. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I think the real issue is that apple has fallen far behind and people are starting to realize this. The stock only started to drop after the iPhone 5 was released. If Apple really wanted to compete based on anything other than their brand and lawyers they would have redesigned iOS, released an iPhone with 4.8" 1080p display, NFC, micro USB and quad-core processing. But as long as people continue to buy their products religiously Apple doesn't need to do anything new.
13. thunderbolt (Posts: 76; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
Problem with increasing size is that either price goes up or Apple's margin comes down and both would mean doom for them. That's what has made them a miser when taking big jump on size is concerned. Last time they just stretched the length so on IP6 they may just increase the width .... incremental changes you see is their business policy :)
19. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
They could just make another iPhone and charge $299 on contract, i'm sure many Apple customers are more than willing to shell out an extra $100.
3. ajac09 (Posts: 1480; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
and 2014 it will continue ug I am sick of it
14. jsdechavez (Posts: 716; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Yes. The holiday (ceasefire) is really over...
4. adelta90 (Posts: 63; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
this is getting really boring
i dont really care who wins what anymore.
7. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Oh my god the galaxy rugby pro looks exactly like a the new iPhone 5. God these lawsuits are so stupid and now that Apple stole 1 billion from Samsung there is no way either party will think logically and end the bulls**t. How pathetic...
15. cripton805 (Posts: 1392; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
I really hope you're being sarcastic. That phone looks nothing like the iPhone 5.
9. ddeath (Posts: 167; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
No faith in the US system when they can allow a ridiculous patent for a black rectangle with rounded corners to prevail, when the rest of the world thinks it is BS. Oh well, they gotta protect their own 'IP'.
10. Giggity (Posts: 147; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Apple, please sue this ==>http://goo.gl/Ja0ib
11. BREvenson (Posts: 240; Member since: 17 May 2012)
Everybody sing along! You know how it goes...
"This is the suit that never ends, yes it goes on and on, my friends..."
17. leondarsh (Posts: 19; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
somebody please stop this bulls**t... I m sick and tired of these (mainly bcoz applecrap).... They started this trend.... f**k Apple...
21. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Lucy Koh needs to be remove from this case, nether company should have been allowed to add any more devices. The patents Apple are suing over are just plain pointless. If she truly want to do what's right for the consumer, she need to try and end these case. Not let them add more devices to it.