Judge Posner throws out entire Apple v. Motorola suit
0. phoneArena 23 Jun 2012, 11:31 posted on
A legal battle that started in 2010 between technology heavyweights Apple and Motorola has been dismissed by Judge Richard Posner of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois; Judge Posner said neither side produced evidence of having been damaged...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. bambamboogy02 (Posts: 14; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
Finally, Someone made sense out of all of this. Good job Judge!!!!
2. Yummy (Posts: 115; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
About time, what a pointless battle. Good job judge.
3. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Game over Apple. You lose. And rightfully so.
11. Astreo (Posts: 98; Member since: 05 May 2011)
lol...throws out the whole lawsuit and apple "lost" ? right...
15. tedkord (Posts: 3778; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Apple did lose, since their whole competitive strategy relies on not allowing anyone else to compete.
20. Atrixboyyy (Posts: 222; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
if your the plaintiff and for any reason don't get your money you sir have lost.
31. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5466; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
WHO CARES. NOW APPLE MUST LEARN TO COMPETE and innovate MORE products instead of wasting billions of dollars instead of putting it to R&D
4. hutty24 (Posts: 84; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
How are you going to sue the company that made the first cellphone
5. Ravail (Posts: 181; Member since: 14 Oct 2011)
My god i love this article. Your my HERO JUDGE!!!!!!!!!
8. roscuthiii (Posts: 1658; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
"You can't just assume that because someone has a patent, he has some deep moral right to exclude everyone else."- Judge Posner
Love this judge.
9. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2741; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Oh look a judge using misjudgment. So much for our legal system serving justice.
10. tedkord (Posts: 3778; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Justice has never been more just.
17. LOLpple (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
Can I buy some crack off of you? I don't partake myself, but clearly you get REALLY good crack and I bet I could flip it to the crackheads in the cities.
39. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2741; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
So I guess according to 21 people it's ok for another company to infringe on someone's patents.
42. plgladio (Posts: 311; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Really not, tell me a good patent that was designed/developed by Apple whereas it was never existed before and that has been used by someother company?
Apple had patents and defending on Rectangle icons, rounded corners... We are in technology world, do you know that Samsung won a case against Apple on a 3G patent:
Again this for a reasonable case. One more in German against same Moto for the infographic mobile.
You can't just say or have anger against Android because you are having a Apple device. I'm having a Apple phone, Android phone, Blackberry phone, HP tab, Apple iPad, waiting for Nexus tab. Each OS have their own good and bad.
13. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Fandroids ignoring that Motorola lost as well. Typical!
14. tedkord (Posts: 3778; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
We didn't care if Moto lost, it was a minor patent anyway. This was a much bigger loss for Apple. Moto would have gotten a small payout, Apple was going (as usual) for a ban.
19. Sniggly (Posts: 6400; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Yeah, we don't care all that much. Granted, this was the only cell phone patent lawsuit where someone besides Apple filed first, and its slightly disappointing that thirty years of work on cell radios has gone to waste for Moto, but this is way, way bigger of a loss for Apple. This is the first patent dispute in the US that they have utterly lost in. It also sets a potential precedent, as Posner was pissed off at Apple's seeming pursuit of damages over terrifically small damages.
Typical iFanboy. Can't even read the whole article.
38. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2741; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Do you ever not pop in on a Motorola article?
32. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5466; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
U the most typical PERSON. APPLE brainwash you and don't realize THIS LAW SUIT PATENT from APPLE NEEDS TO STOP. and get back to INNOVATING instead like i said wasting bilion of dollars suing and trying to destry Android.
16. networkdood (Posts: 5237; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Apple and Moto both lost - but APPLE is the biggest loser here - they are and have been and I am sure will continue to waste our courts' time and resources.
Point is that APPLE has to stop with their numerous lawsuits, and their fandom have to wake up from their lemming-like state and realize that APPLE does not care for its customers at all. Apple wants to be the only choice for consumers, even when that choice is full of stagnated development.
22. networkdood (Posts: 5237; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
....which such stagnated development will only serve to stint the growth of the industry. Luckily, we have Android OEMs always pushing the envelope, making the next model even noticeably better than a previous model, or other companies' top model.
18. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
I'm sorry taco, but when the judge goes out of his way to personally tell Apple to knock it off, they are the bigger losers, it would have been different had he not solely addressed Apple like he did.
21. networkdood (Posts: 5237; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Exactly, but, TACO is blinded by his love of APPLE and will never admit when he/she/it/whatever is wrong.
23. networkdood (Posts: 5237; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Judge is probably POed that it took 2 years for this to end.
25. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
this is good, hopefully, this will set a precedence, and more and more bs cases will get thrown out, and we can get back to the days when competition, not court rulings, set the standards.
27. LOLpple (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
DAAAAAYYYYYUUUUUM, so since apple can't just sue the competition into submission, they might just have to actually, y'know, innovate something.
They're f*cked lol.
30. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5466; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
TWO THUMBS UP TO THIS JUDGE. if he goes for President of Senator I VOTE FOR HIM! I'm getting sick and tired of APPLE'S B.S. PATENT trolling. They need to give it up already with this DESTROYING Android and get back to innovating. And I'm glad that Motorola is happy too so they don't have to wast their own money going to court also. THIS needs to END FOR ALL FAN BOYS around the globe so WE can get back to READING TECHN and stop all this non sense fanboy vs fanboy war. it's really irritating
33. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 149; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
You know I can't eat your ghost chips bro
36. networkdood (Posts: 5237; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
It is not like the concept of the ipad is original, same with their ipod/iphones, but you do not see the company who came out with the original idea sue APPLE.
40. lubba (Posts: 1309; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
I'm sure the judge and everyone else in the court uses an iPhone. So Apple didn't lose.
41. aikonix (Posts: 59; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
what i dont understand is that people say "moto lost too"... now, how did they lose when they were DEFENDING from Apple and Judge Posner threw out Apple's case? Hows that losing on Moto side who was defending?
45. jroc74 (Posts: 3624; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Very good point....lol.
Its amazing how some folks try to spin things...