Judge Koh to hear Samsung's complaint about the alleged bias of the jury foreman
0. phoneArena 09 Nov 2012, 20:07 posted on
Judge Lucy Koh says that she will hear evidence from Samsung that the Korean manufacturer claims will prove the bias of Velvin Hogan, the jury foreman who seemed to take over the jury room during the deliberations during the Apple-Samsung patent case...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. metalpoet (unregistered)
Oh boohoo Velvin! Im glad that this could result in a new trial!
6. AnTuTu (Posts: 1580; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
I would love to see fruit fans faces after Sammy wins this case :)
Go Sammy go v have got your back
10. MeoCao (unregistered)
Yeah, Judge Koh should know that both the foreman and Apple's attorney smoked crack that day so they "forgot" to tell all.
15. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I was expecting the Circuit Court of Appeal to decide this matter. Maybe Judge Koh beats them to the punch?
Sammy hasn't paid Apple a dime yet. Somehow, I suspect Apple never gets a dime from Sammy. Maybe a middle-fingered wave, but not a dime.
17. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Koh hasnt finalized the case yet. Its not actually over. What we had was just the jury verdict. Koh has yet to throw the final judicial verdict on the case.
2. blingblingthing (Posts: 529; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Good luck Samsung. I am rooting for you. Get better attorneys and try to avoid trial blunders.
20. blingblingthing (Posts: 529; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
I am serious. The amount of blunders I recall from memory and mention the sammy's lawyers seemed to spend their time cross examine witnesses rather than making their own points and in the end not having time to make a final argument.
I am on there side. They need to have their lawyers come better.
3. someones4 (Posts: 625; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Yes, Velvin is a lying POS.
Samsung might have a shot at this after all. let's hope the lawyers don't drop the ball again.
4. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
There's my favorite k' Ho, 'Lucy in the sky with tAmp Ons....
5. ramonleonjr62 (Posts: 48; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
well like l say the trues always come out!!
7. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
sooner or later its got to!!
8. theBankRobber (Posts: 681; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Bring out the dogs to sniff out the crooks Apple has in the court room. Get a f'n life and eat a BIG BAG OF D--©s
9. Aeires (unregistered)
I'd like to see that finance file that Apple wants to keep private. Hopefully a new trial will force it to be released.
11. tedkord (Posts: 11697; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Even the biggest diehard apple supporters are realizing the verdict isn't going to stand. They whine and cry it's not right, but know what's coming.
Check out the Gnome over on BGR. You can't find a bigger apple sycophant, and even he knows it's over.
12. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
if this doesnt get a retrial I'd be really surprised. We've been yackin about this guys bias and pull in the jury since the initial news broke.
14. techguy22 (Posts: 227; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
they gonna lose. its US. we talking about. here did apple ever lose anything here ?
so not proud to be an american :(
16. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
the result from the court that time was a bit weird, most of apple's case which contains small unimportant patents was granted while sammy's case which contains big & heavy technology patents such as picture attachments in e-mail was denied without any further explaination
18. archangel9 (Posts: 233; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
YES!YES!YES!NEW TRIAL! (in Daniel Bryan mode).
Samsung we got your back
19. archangel9 (Posts: 233; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
What's done in the dark will soon come to light. The courts should've had a SI to look at this Hogan character. What a POS he is!
21. wizzardtech (Posts: 59; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
Maybe this guy just need some $$$ from Apple when doing this to relived hes Bankrupt life again... feel sorry for him. "live by the sword and die by the sword"