Judge Koh pleas for 'global peace' between Apple and Samsung for the sake of consumers, incites laughter
0. phoneArena 07 Dec 2012, 07:05 posted on
The Apple Samsung legal battle has turned into a neverending saga to the point that even the possibility of the two companies settling for ‘global peace’ seems laughable…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
actually, this is very possible however the judge probably need to find infringement on each side and as each sides requested, to forbid selling the products in usa. no apple nor samsung in usa would be ridiculous that they have to forget about infringement, even though it would be more ridivulous for apple as it is a us company.
the way of apple competes and their way of treating their employee are also very harsh. they sued almost every company, trying to get money and to block selling the devices and we saw how apple fired the apple map division's chief and scott forestall as if "you're no good for me anymore, good bye"
5. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I wouldn't mind at all if both were banned for a short while. It'd give the smaller makers a chance to grab some sales they need, anyway.
6. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3587; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
“competing through the courts rather than the
That's a mighty good comeback! :D
I'd like to see Apple and Samsung in a ring...and we'll get to see who bets for who.
8. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I'd like it if each side could have a time for fan testimony. Sniggly, remix, and Michael H could represent PA's pro-Samsung supporters, and gallito, dark, and Ray S could represent PA's pro-apple side.
20. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3587; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
LOL...now that's the WORLD, is it not?? :D
27. tedkord (Posts: 9708; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
That's not fair fight. Throwing bantam weights in with heavyweight champs.
12. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
no chance in hell that they bury the hatchet at this point. Even when THIS trial is over, Apple will just ignite a new lawsuit and continue to waste tax dollars. YOUR tax dollars on these BS suites. If Apple gets awarded a big chunk of money, Samsung will appeal. Its going to be back n forth for quite a while to come.
14. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
this is the cold war of the tech world
29. aldridhl (Posts: 71; Member since: 12 Feb 2011)
heh, but it's not "cold"... they're actually taking shots
17. tedkord (Posts: 9708; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Seriously? That's all PA got out of this? Koh wants peace?
Reread the transcripts and witness accounts. This went very badly for Apple. Koh hinted at not only severely dropping the award, but at also invalidating some of Apple's patents.
Sounds like the scenario someone here predicted immediately after the first trial. Now, who was that...?
18. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 468; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
Your wrong on so many levels. Please explain how this went bad for Apple.
25. tedkord (Posts: 9708; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Koh talked extensively about severely reducing damages and invalidating Apple patents. All the things that would have happened if not for a jury foreman with an agenda.
Now, please explain to me how this went well for Apple.
33. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
apple wants money from samsung but the judge wants them to license each other patents to avoid any harm done.
also, a rubber banding patent is now invalid because apple sued so many company, that patent got so much attention and eventually stated as invalid.
it's really bad for apple
19. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
oh man that picture make me laught
I don't care who win.
Thats their problem, if samsung lose, samsung still making smartphone. if apple lose. apple still have billions of dollars in their vault
21. roscuthiii (Posts: 2133; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Thank you for your hubris yet again Apple... Every time I consider an Apple purchase you are there to remind me of your egotistical, contemptuous, & often hypocritical culture.
22. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
The picture made me laugh so hard." judge K.O ", excellent choice. lol on the idea of global peace between sammy and apple as well.
24. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3587; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Judge K.O.H can also be taken into account.
Standing for 'Knocked Out Hard'.
23. ultimatebatman (Posts: 52; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Her mistake was giving Apple anything. She should have just realized that like all other industries, models look and function similar and that's ok. She needed to throw the case out before it started and not let it proceed.
28. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Yep, then she could ask for global peace... but she already screwed up.
32. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Please what does she knows bout global peace?
34. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
She will rule in favor of Apple. This entire show is stage (or state) managed. This will go on and one till most of patents are invalidated whereupon Apple gets nothing.