Judge Koh makes more rulings in advance of trial, rules Jobs' statements to biographer inadmissible
0. phoneArena 19 Jul 2012, 01:29 posted on
With the Apple-Samsung trial set to start in less than two weeks, Judge Lucy Koh made some rulings on Wednesday that were designed to clean up some loose ends; the Judge rules that statements made by the late Steve Job to his biographer were inadmissible and that Samsung had to reduce its witness list...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Ohrules (Posts: 326; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
i'm seeing more of Koh these days than i want to :|
2. doubler86 (Posts: 320; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
I really can't stand how much she favors Apple when every other judge in the world has threw out Apple's pathetic claims or overturned the poor rulings that were made in Apple's favor.
7. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5270; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Every other judge didn't want to do what's right.
15. MISTER_H (banned) (Posts: 97; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
more like she was bribed... when the world other company
hates there business practises along other company.
stealing patent which dosnt belong to them ...
the way u talk suits ur avatar with along with ur
name suits ur personality. rooten fruit. brainwashed.
cowards. cant compete. and try banning . dont like cometition
if only the whole world finds out what Apple a the company is
everyone will start hating. and then there u are still
supporting the bad guys. personally do u have pride
diginty selfrespect in u... looser. get a life.
3. mas11 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
She uses that wheel not logic to make her rulings lol
4. Adithya7184 (Posts: 317; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
she got money from Apple...That's why she is supporting apple....lol
5. Sniggly (Posts: 7221; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Those statements are inadmissable? What the flying f**k?
Koh should be removed from the bench. She has no business presiding over this case.
6. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5270; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
That's not your call. I'm sure her credentials speak more than your words.
8. Sniggly (Posts: 7221; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
And her actions speak louder than yours.
Nice to see you again, sunshine. Where have you been hiding all this time?
9. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5270; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Her actions is her job.
I don't hide. I just don't comment here often.
10. Sniggly (Posts: 7221; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
So her job is to make rulings which cripple Samsung very valid case that this patent war is the result of Steve Jobs's personal vendetta, and not because of any harm done to Apple?
11. Ohrules (Posts: 326; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
are you two thumbing down each other's comments?
18. MISTER_H (banned) (Posts: 97; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
ni one here likes u... u allways get red. ur another
Taco and that chicken gallitoking.
19. MISTER_H (banned) (Posts: 97; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
her actions are bribed. she no longer has humanity
in her sole. unlike British judges were justice is a place.
22. bayusuputra (Posts: 949; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
I heard he's been hiding under Koh's skirt and meditated till he turned into a Troll-faced monkey.
Sigh, one is a chicken (gallito), one is a cat (taco) and the other one is a monkey (this joker).. iNimals..
16. MISTER_H (banned) (Posts: 97; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
ur avatar represents Troll face and half human
24. piggypigs (Posts: 12; Member since: 21 Jul 2012)
Well, throwing out the statement of the one who started it all .... it does leads to a lot of questions.
23. thinking (Posts: 130; Member since: 19 Jan 2012)
In this particular case, I think she is right about inadmissible parts. What jobs says to his biographer or tax issues, etc, are out of topic.
It's a patent fight, right? So, just get the patents and see if they are being violated. If possible, also see if the patent should be there at all. If not, abrogate that patent. Sadly, I don't think these judges are abrogating the generic patents, esp of apple.
25. piggypigs (Posts: 12; Member since: 21 Jul 2012)
If it is about tax issues, then yes. But about his desire and intend to start a war, i.e. go "thermo nuclear on" google? It relevance is clear as clear blue sky on a cloudless mid summer day.
27. thinking (Posts: 130; Member since: 19 Jan 2012)
Not true... and not fair...
Just because jobs said he would kill someone doesn't mean he should be booked for murder when that someone dies. Mere intent cannot eb used to prove guilt.
the case should be tried based on facts of the case. Simple.
12. Zayuh24 (Posts: 149; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I stopped caring about Judge Koh, because whatever bs ruling she delivers, Samsung will just go to the Federal Court of Appeals and get it overturned. She's obviously biased and ignorant to the fact that almost all of Apple's patents are common-sense to the tech world.
13. sbr999 (Posts: 79; Member since: 05 Jun 2012)
Why is such an ignorant judge allowed to well... judge these things?
14. MARKSPEAR77 (Posts: 40; Member since: 24 Nov 2011)
The verdict is already baked, the results would be in favor of apple, and guys just bear in mind, its LUCY KHO's court
26. piggypigs (Posts: 12; Member since: 21 Jul 2012)
it is her court, until the time for appeal and escalation to higher court. so she does have to justify her rulings.
20. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Well, there you have it... if you are ever going to do something questionable, have your statement of intention printed in a biography. This sets the precedent that professed premeditation isn't admissible. Way to go Koh. If there's anything to be held in contempt in your court, it's you.
Given her history, she seems about as unbiased as Florian Mueller is.
21. TheRetroReplay (Posts: 248; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
She is the only judge in the world that favors Apple, all the other judges have been calling Apple out on their BS. Apple is either bribing her or she's just an fan