Judge Koh continues Samsung's legal slump by denying all 12 summary judgment motions
0. phoneArena 01 Jul 2012, 01:17 posted on
A summary judgement motion brought by Samsung back in May was denied in its entirety by Judge Lucy Koh on Saturday; the Korean manufacturer had attacked the validity of Apple's IP rights and Apple's FRAND-related antitrust claims...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
109. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
are you comparing samsung and google to hitler
thats worse than taco
49. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
I smell bribery in play here , they should just make apple 's patents FRAND so that they can't sue anyone
51. Sniggly (Posts: 7177; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
No, but see, FRAND is only for the big stuff, you know, the patents that took actual EFFORT and TIME and MONEY to come up with.
None of Apple's patents regarding the iPhone qualify.
56. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
True, apple should just try and innovate, they're getting annoying with all the baseless lawsuits
175. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
If they're baseless how come they keep winning?
188. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
because the judge is some hipster chick who knows squat about tech. Let someone who actually knows about tech (Posner) decide.
190. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Ok apple also won in Germany and Australia. What's your excuse there?
225. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
Because the judge's there don't know squat either . They should have special tech judges for these kind of cases
231. Otterbox (banned) (Posts: 71; Member since: 27 Jun 2012)
So you think you know more about the judge's hob than she does?
Show us your credentials.
232. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
I think i know more about tech than she does, not her job.
241. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6683; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
it's beause Apple keeps putting useless patents like slide to unlocked ect. and also paying these courts. lets see 96 million dollars
52. tmcr7 (Posts: 161; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
I smell corruption. And I thought there is equal justice in America. Too bad for US consumers...
55. TerryCrowley (Posts: 184; Member since: 31 Jul 2011)
I may be the first one to say it but man, what a race traitor. Only in California can someone have so much self-hate for their own race that they have to be so biased.
60. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
You're really going to go there and accuse her of hating her race? Fandroid trolls are willing to sink to new lows daily.
68. TerryCrowley (Posts: 184; Member since: 31 Jul 2011)
I don't have to go into anywhere that's unfamiliar to Judge Lucy Koh. iSheep would believe Apple invented cellphones if Apple told them they did.
173. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
why not Samsung tells you they dont copy and you guys believe that right?
242. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6683; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
you forget that APPLE also steals XEROX
213. LOLpple (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
Dude, F*CK YOU for making me agree with taco. Racist hick, F*CK YOU. How is the weather in Alabama?
75. groupsacc (Posts: 232; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
I think it's time Google step in and do something about this. I mean, c'mon, injunction against the Galaxy Nexus?? This is vanilla Android! Samsung is taking all the bullets for the entire Android ecosystem. What the heck is OHA doing?
78. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
Very soon there will be no other choice than to buy apple products
79. daimos (Posts: 3; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
How come Apple didn't get sued for dropdown notifications bar?
87. deathyyy (Posts: 101; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
Apple is getting sued also, but I don't know if it's for the dropdown navi. Either way it's all ridiculous, whichever side of the OS fence you're on.
81. daimos (Posts: 3; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Samsung should not worry too much, but speak with Google and together sue apple for dropdown notifications bar, and half of the ''new'' features of iOS6 before iPhone 5 will be released. All Android makers should come together and launch one suit against Apple. I would LOVE to see what would happen then...
129. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Android doesn't have a patent for the notification bar. All of android is stolen so how could they sue?
139. daimos (Posts: 3; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Operating systems cannot have patents, boyo, only companies can. Semantics aside... did first iOS had it? Android surely did. Opening tabs from lock screen? Wasn't HTC first? So, so far it seems that your brain has been stolen so far by Timmy Cook and company. Btw, I just wonder what Apple would do if they would find out about Pear OS :D
183. BattleBrat (Posts: 1148; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
@Taco GOOGLE ALREADY APPLIED FOR THE PATENT FOR THE NOTIFICATION BAR YOU FOOL!
243. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6683; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
HOW THE HELL is notification bar stolen they had it since the first NEXUS WAY before Apple. and pretty soon we know it they would copy something off from Jelly Bean
83. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
i feel sad for Apple
why oh why, mascot of android phone, nexus got banned, where is google?
and why sue samsung and HTC.
Why Apple not sue Google, or Apple to scared ?
84. mas11 (Posts: 1032; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
They really need to replace this idiot with Posner. He actually understands Apple's motto, "If you can't innovate litigate."
112. MartyK (Posts: 725; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
They need to have Honorable William H. Alsup, decide all these allocations since he has knowledge of code written and OS operations, This judge (Lucy Koh) has no clue on how this stuff works.
115. theBankRobber (Posts: 649; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Siri patents, its amazing how these type of patents have been around for years but once Apple buys any company that uses the same type of tech, software, or patents , they can get away with suing other companies .
120. remixfa (Posts: 14067; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
this proves that we need a new generation of judges that are tech savy. How can you be a judge in a case that you know nothing about. seriously. Are there any tech savy judges out there or are they all just old people without a clue. geesh.
134. jacko1977 (Posts: 397; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
people in glass houses shouldn't throw stone
174. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
so you are saying Remix that we need a judge for murders. simple traffic violations and when it comes to tech?... wow.. you clearly dont know all the years into a law school they have to put it to become judges and you just because you dont agree with them you critized them... walk up to a judge and tell what you just said. please..
186. remixfa (Posts: 14067; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
no gallito. Im saying that tech patent law is a wholey different animal than regular law. And with the major abuses from nearly EVERYONE concerning patent law, we need a group of trained techno-savy judges in that ring to make fair decisions. It would stop a lot of nonsense until we can get the patent system itself fixed which is at the heart of the problem.
Like normal your arguments are weak and full of fallacy. By your logic a podiatrist should be just as skilled in endocrinology as an endocrinologist. There are specialties for a reason. So you can become great at something instead of just good at many things. Judges should be no different. Hell, lawyers are no different. You have tax lawyers, criminal lawyers, corporate lawyers. Yet.. we should have 1 judge fits all??? Come on chicken-head.
210. E.N. (Posts: 2357; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
You guys are just amazing. Why is it that when Apple looses a case, everything is golden but when Apple wins, uh-oh we have corrupt or incompetent judges. So ridiculous you guys are. But keep going, I find it somewhat comical the way your twisted minds work.
News flash!! Just because things don't go your way doesn't mean it's wrong.
227. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
dont try to confuse me.. the law is the law.. if you brake it.. you will be punished.. is that simple.. they dont need a tech savy judge, just like PA doesnt require anyone to be a geek to be able to post.. look at me i know nothing about being a geek and here i am ..
217. LOLpple (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
Gallito talking about school, that's like a goldfish speaking of quantum physics, neither have any clue.
Gallito, you DO know in this country you can say anytrhing you want to a judge as long as you do not make a threat, correct? Not everyone is a gigantic p*ssy like you.
218. LOLpple (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
Yup. It sucks harder than tacos mom at D*ckfest 2012. And 2011, and 2010, and pretty much every D*ckfest for the last 20 years.
126. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6683; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Fck this judge and Apple. I think we need a REAL JUDGE that knows the difference of technology. THESE LAW SUITS must put a end. we ARE ALL GETTING sick and tired of this B.S. FROM APPLE. if Apple hadn't made a phone non of this law suit so copy cat wouldn't have happened
140. Tmachaveli (Posts: 425; Member since: 01 Apr 2011)
Apple will burn..and taco can follow along
143. Ravail (Posts: 182; Member since: 14 Oct 2011)
Lol i know my icon is Samsung.. but this judge is obviously on Apple's payroll.
147. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
No chance for a Korean company to win justice America against American company
151. LOLpple (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
Judge koh need her melon head split open with a dull axe.
184. BattleBrat (Posts: 1148; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
NO! She needs to suffer with her Apple products, for a long time, ignorant to the fact that Android is superior.
185. patroni0 (Posts: 14; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
i dont think its appropriate to post a picture of the judges face on the article like that, put a samsung logo instead. shame on you phonearena
187. fraydoe (Posts: 57; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
plain and simple, crush competition, looks like apple is winning ($$$), fandroids are on a losing team, and from the looks of these comments theyre pissed off. but at the end of the day you still have your phone right?... oh wait ... ;)
191. Pulseman (Posts: 4; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
We do actually, how many android powered phones and tablets are there? On top of that how many of those phones/tablets are Samsung products?
For now, there will always be a need for an android based device, simple as that, an nice low cost, open source, enthusiast friendly device. The question is will it be economically viable for them to be produced and sold in the U.S?
189. DF334 (Posts: 36; Member since: 23 Feb 2009)
I really hate Apple. Just because these companies are getting really close to their supposed "secret" to how they are able to run their devices very smoothly, they want to sue them. I do like Apple's device and I do own an iPhone, but I am losing respect for them. Oh...I also own both the devices that they are banning and 1 of them is running JB Android 4.1 and if I was Apple, I would sue as well...Getting too close!
223. Fuego84 (Posts: 290; Member since: 13 May 2012)
That judge is just on.apple's side because all the rest of her family is employed by apple at foxconn or what ever it's called.