Judge Koh continues Samsung's legal slump by denying all 12 summary judgment motions
0. phoneArena 01 Jul 2012, 01:17 posted on
A summary judgement motion brought by Samsung back in May was denied in its entirety by Judge Lucy Koh on Saturday; the Korean manufacturer had attacked the validity of Apple's IP rights and Apple's FRAND-related antitrust claims...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
105. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Apple wouldn't exist as they are today without gross infringement. One of the reasons apple products are made in china is because of the country's turning a blind eye on infringing products from other manufacturers. Nokia alone could have had the apple production lines shuttered, but they didn't go far enough in their attack to defend their patents, so apple went on to continue its theiving ways
4. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Matters not. Even if the SGS3 is banned - Samsung will just make an SGS3N which will be infringement free. Virtually no loss of profit for Samsung.
For Apple on the other hand - every corner of the internet is swarming with Apple customers angry about their practices. That's Apple customers we're talking about here. And we all know that no amount of money will ever get a disgusted customer back.
142. E.N. (Posts: 2610; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
1. Most of these angry people are android users
2. your statement about every corner of the internet is swarming with angry apple users is false (that's in your head). Most people don't care and if the next iPhone is any good, people will buy it.
154. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
As usual fandroids are completely out of touch with reality and could care less what the facts are.
201. LOLpple (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
1) Hi pot, meet kettle! (no way you figure that out)
2) The phrase is "COULDN'T care less", sh*tdip.
3) You accusing people of being out of touch with reality. Classic, ironic, and sad.
219. E.N. (Posts: 2610; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Isn't the phrase dipsh*t? Just letting you know since you seem to like proper English language so much, lol. And what the hell is a welcher?
6. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
I wonder if Google patented anything having to do with their Knowledge engine? Apple are strange, they have this idea that they patent something and that no one else can use it, they don't even care about sharing it through licensing....yet they will complain if a company attempts to level the same thing at them. Only so long you can do wrong before you get caught, the longest rope has an end apple.
7. sarb009 (Posts: 309; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
May just apple's all law team die and all mobiile market will be a peacefull place again as was few years before. No one suing for rectangles, squares, circular button, taking a s**t in certain way etc. etc.
9. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3108; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Hey Judge lady, might wanna stop acting too obvious you are under the Apple payroll.
47. mandkeee (Posts: 82; Member since: 27 Feb 2009)
Judge Koh you did great job.....
samsung copied way too much stuffs from apple.....
and im telling you guys....from this website....most of users are love android....
so if you say something good about apple??? trust me...you will get bad reply...
96. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
why are you posting this on every comment
don't apple fanboys have something more creative to say
114. sonisoe (Posts: 415; Member since: 06 May 2009)
well, apples dont fall far from the tree...
144. E.N. (Posts: 2610; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
What does that mean in this context? I know you were trying to be clever but you might have come up short
236. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
they don't care they don't even get anything out from these law suits their not even lawyers
57. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Let's ignore reality where it's plainly obvious Sansung is copying and claim instead something ridiculous.
67. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
Show me where they copied with the nexus, show me
97. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
duhhh s voice
it has this thing called "speech recongition"
and it uses this thing called a "microphone"
228. bayusuputra (Posts: 963; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
he said with the nexus, does the nexus has S-Voice?
161. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
they already did... is what this article is about.. damm can you just read
203. LOLpple (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
Tell you what, learn to communicate like you don't have a crippling learning disability and maybe, just MAYBE you will be taken a fraction of a percentile seriously. Maybe.
130. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
SHOW US SOME PROOF on how did Samsung copied Apple. Looks like you don't even know
145. E.N. (Posts: 2610; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Proof how? Would you like him to make you guys a video tutorial or something? I think all the evidence needed was shown in the courtroom, you're just going to have to accept it..
149. chadrick0814 (Posts: 209; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
In your honest opinion, does Apple copy?
155. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I think recently Apple has copied the pull down notification bar from android. That's about it.
200. LOLpple (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
....kind of like you do with apple? Idiot. Tell me, were you born this stupid or is it something you had to really work at?
202. LOLpple (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
"Let's ignore reality"
No thanks, I've seen how that works out for you and just...no.
14. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Lucy Koh is symptomatic of what is wrong with the patent system.
"They have slide to unlock and voice search that talks back! Waaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!"
"Yeah, but you're using tech that took us decades and billions to develop. Without our work, you wouldn't have a goddamn phone to begin with."
"But...but...since that's essential for cell phones to exist, you shouldn't get to demand any compensation for what you developed!"
The battle between Apple and the Android manufacturers is like a car manufacturer saying they should get to build cars with engines exactly like a competitors', but that their competitor shouldn't be allowed to sell their cars because the dial on the radio looks the same.
It's a completely bass ackward concept.
16. Otterbox (banned) (Posts: 71; Member since: 27 Jun 2012)
I think companies know more about their tech and tech in general than you do.
18. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3108; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
And you only know what Apple tells you.