Judge Koh allows Apple v. Samsung II, the thriller with the manila folders
0. phoneArena 08 Mar 2013, 22:55 posted on
Despite wondering out loud if justice was best served by waiting for Samsung's appellate course over the first trial to reach its conclusion, Judge Lucy Koh agreed that the Apple v. Samsung trial set for 2014 can proceed; the issues are different this time, with much of the suit revolving around the infamous '604 Siri patent...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
When will this battle end?????
3. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
When Apple and Sammy get tired of it.
6. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
If Sammy wins,I wonder who will be Apple's next target, because we all know that Apple never give up. lol
16. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Probably no one. Don't think anyother oem would display the kind of resilience as samsung did.
32. tuminatr (Posts: 742; Member since: 23 Feb 2009)
steve jobs is the guy who wanted this lawsuit with him gone they wont be doing this kind of stuff
33. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Uhhh.......... are you sure is Steve Jobs?
4. pongkie (Posts: 526; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
when people stop buying apple and samsung phones so no money will be budgeted to lawyers
7. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
that would be impossible...... for Samsung.....
15. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Till Apple becomes not beeing greedy and not beeing rotten, liar, tief etc, see:
bit [.] ly/RYzOPP
42. lauremar (Posts: 181; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
When both companies find out they are at the bottom of the smartphone race with Motorola, Nokia, LG, HTC, Sony, Huawei, ZTE and others, because both of them spent gobs of their cash reserve on litigation instead of Research and Development...
2. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Down goes Frazier! ( Samsung) lol
39. SleepingOz (unregistered)
You can't write a single comment without mentioning your confuse love of Samsung.
I know you're one of the biggest Samsung fanboy but this is obssession, dude. You should see a psychologist, seriously.
43. lauremar (Posts: 181; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
Sorry bro but both companies will be losers on this one...
5. nikenturd (unregistered)
This is why Software patents should be abolished and invalidated.
10. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Then you will see significantly reduced technological innovation. Imagine Android stuck in Gingerbread.
14. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I am sure software innovation would thrive without really lame patents.
20. tedkord (Posts: 9028; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Software patents are what's killing innovation.
38. tedkord (Posts: 9028; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
No, abolished. Like they were originally. Software is copyright protected, the coding is protected, but a concept should not be.
If we had had this madness 40 years ago, the first person to invent an operating system for a pc would have been the only one. The first word processor. The first spreadsheet program. All would have been trapped, innovation stopped, because a patent on the concept had been allowed.
8. N-fanboy (Posts: 543; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Yay! Others will capitalize while these bitches fight
11. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
There is some merit to your point. I haven't seen much litigation against other manufacturers while Apple and Sammy are dancing their dance. There has been some sniping around the edges, but the principle action is Apple vs. Sammy.
26. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Just because we haven't seen it, doesn't mean there are no battles going on. BB and Nokia, Apple and Nokia have solved their disputes by paying Nokia the royalties. It could be the same between few others.
18. ray77 (Posts: 126; Member since: 17 Nov 2012)
the imperial strike again !!! stop is crap !!!
19. avin007 (Posts: 139; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
Koh looks hot,isn't it!!!!that face at da top takes my breath away.....lol
21. Mozarrt (Posts: 301; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
There have been reports of Samsung "borrowing" Nokia screen technology, most companies don't trust Samsung these days for good reason. Apple is in the best position to threaten Samsung so they do. (Had Nokia been market-leader, they would probably be suing Samsung aswel.
You don't become top dog of the industry in such a short amount of time by playing fair.
28. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
it depends on your definition of fair, and what counts as 'blatent copying"
22. Mozarrt (Posts: 301; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
And is anybody getting stupid Kontera ads on this website? Double underlined words.
25. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Exactly, I thought I was the only one.
23. damokles (unregistered)
This stuff is so ridiculous, oh god - don't they have better stuff to do? Like - save the planet?
24. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
the stupid thing is that they allow patents like this : "very common thing in technology or life + in a mobile device"
30. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Can we pkease stop talkn bout this dumb a.. judge & trial?
35. iS-Aha (banned) (Posts: 11; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Its news that needs people to find or know what has happened.
This judge has been bribed.
31. roscuthiii (Posts: 2027; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
With Koh, you can always tell when a check clears.
41. hate_dc (Posts: 10; Member since: 26 Dec 2012)
the samsung base in korea is now make there samsung galaxy atomic bomb and they will laungh it to all apple headquarters to end this war..hehe..