Judge Grewal rips Apple for failure to produce documents in the Apple iPhone privacy case
0. phoneArena posted on 20 Mar 2013, 18:59
Apple could end up facing sanctions from the court for failing to turn over documents as required and U.S. Magistrate Judge Paul S. Grewal actually invited the plaintiff's to seek sanctions against Apple in a case involving the Cupertino based tech giant's collection and selling of iPhone user's location data even with the geo-location features turned off...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. PhoneArenaUser posted on 20 Mar 2013, 19:11 14 0
"Judge Paul Grewal is upset with Apple"
It sounds funny! :D
3. Rydsmith posted on 20 Mar 2013, 19:15 7 0
This is going to get very bad for Apple, very soon. If they do not do what is being requested, it will only be a matter of time before the FTC gets involved.
5. Droid_X_Doug posted on 20 Mar 2013, 20:04 3 0
It won't even get to the FTC. If Apple's attorneys piss off the judges enough, Judge Koh will just certify class action status and Apple will be f*cked. Right now, Apple hasn't proven there is no reason to deny class action status, and the judges are not exactly happy campers. Not a good place for Apple to be.
6. gallitoking posted on 20 Mar 2013, 20:21 2 13
once Apple gives her a brand new iphone 5s and the judge will turn that frown upside down
8. rusticguy posted on 20 Mar 2013, 20:42 4 0
Aaah so that's how US justice system works right?
13. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 20 Mar 2013, 21:14 4 0
Only so they can collect her personal data!
18. tedkord posted on 21 Mar 2013, 05:58 0 0
So you believe Apple bribes judges? That works explain the absurd Samsung verdict.
10. lyndon420 posted on 20 Mar 2013, 20:56 8 0
I like it when judges are pissed with apple...makes my day.
11. PapaSmurf posted on 20 Mar 2013, 20:59 1 0
I hope they lose so they change their ways with their "policies."
14. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 20 Mar 2013, 21:16 3 0
Why would one of the richest companies need to sell your location data? Are they that greedy? It was bad enough they collected it when it was supposed to be turned off, but selling it was over the top.
16. Droid_X_Doug posted on 20 Mar 2013, 22:47 4 0
"Are they that greedy?"
Ummm. In a word, yes. Your sole reason for existence on this Earth is to make the Plutocrats richer.
15. xperiaDROID posted on 20 Mar 2013, 22:20 4 0
Another day, another Apple's bad day.
(I wonder what's Tim Cook doing right now) :|
19. tedkord posted on 21 Mar 2013, 06:00 1 0
Looking at his options and shares and remembering how much richer he used to be.
17. linkhatchet posted on 20 Mar 2013, 23:34 2 0
That was a dumb ass move on Apples part. That just tells you something is up with them. God I hate Apple, for the love of god if there ever is one somewhere, please hear my prayer an strike them with your almighty awesomeness power. It will do everyone a favor.
21. donfem posted on 21 Mar 2013, 13:55 0 0
Where are the apologists? Suddenly, they are not trolling
22. MartianMe posted on 21 Mar 2013, 15:23 0 0
I love this guy...Kill that motherf****r fruit.