Judge: Apple's attempt to get German ban on Samsung GALAXY Tab 10.1N unlikely to succeed
0. phoneArena 22 Dec 2011, 11:48 posted on
A German Judge has indicated that Apple's attempt to secure a ban on Samsung's revamped version of the Samsung GALAXY Tab 10.1 is unlikely to succeed; the GALAXY Tab 10.1N was quickly developed in response to the country's ban on the original model for being too similar to the Apple iPad 2...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Awwww. Why am I not surprised? Sammy made changes, and Apple was just being a pig. Fortunately, the judge wasn't buying it. Too bad, so sad.
35. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
they rounded an edge... big whoop... maybe the galaxy n isnt an exact copy, but the galaxy tab seriously was and for anyone who doubts it go see one... u dont see apple suing asus or acer over their tabs because those actually look different.. samsung is getting of quite easily in my opinion
2. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
look, samsung survived the kangaroo court's decisions and now the upper court has had enough.
3. darkkjedii (Posts: 19734; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Way to go Sammy congrats. If I didn't already have an iPad 2, I'd get the 10.1. I'm glad apple got kicked in the balls on this.
4. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
congrats sammy. feeling sorry for rotten fruit:)
5. jstoned (Posts: 36; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
score one for the good guys. reduce i tard mania, raise awareness to greatness
6. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
it doesnt matter what the judge rules... is still not selling as expected.. the Asus pad is... even the kindle fire... sells more... a decent 4th place for the copycat galaxy...
12. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1717; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
are you out of breath....you...talk...like....you...just...ran....a....mile....
maybe you should go outside and get some exercise instead of commenting on everything here
17. ghost__uwi (Posts: 175; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
See that its the hands that are tired might not be running that's the cause of his problems.
23. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
my physical condition doesnt change the fact thet the galaxy didnt sell as expected...
29. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
He has no life outside here
He really believes he is the king
22. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I can see your deception! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
7. jstoned (Posts: 36; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
gallitoking just has no clue about what supperiority means, gallitoking is so blindly
I-TARDED, he believes the socialistic ways of Apple are a godsend. When he experiences the ability and freedom of Android he wouldn't know what to do with it. People like him like to be told what to do with what they own. Thats why he's an Itard. Christ the guy prolly even has apple TV. He'll never know what it's like to stream in HD for free to an HD TV, or get free music, or free NFL NBA and MLB games, or free apps, or freedom to change battery and memory, or free life.
8. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
He would rather follow the crowd than be his own man/woman.
18. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Around here, sticking with iOS in the face of numerous great Android products IS being his own man.
20. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
No, it is a decision based upon social status - to be one of the cool cats - F society and what they think - the average person knows very little.
32. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
You really think everyone who buys an iPhone or iPad does it to be "cool"? Wow, you really haven't been paying attention for the last 2 years.
Stop pretending you're a nonconformist with your Android phone. There are many, many more of us now than iPhone buyers. And when it comes to PhoneArena, I see a lot more me-too comments about Android than Apple.
36. roscuthiii (Posts: 2179; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
I could see your point roldefol, until you take into account most of gallitoking's talking points throughout the threads. He's all about living vicariously through Apple's success. Living with their success means he's just going to have to suck it up and deal with the defeats as well.
24. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
lol... if you predict people behavior.. please keep your day job... you didnt got not even one right... if you can accept the fact that people think different and that not everyone has your needs... than you are not an idiot but an idiot to the second power... not going in detali why I like Apple because I have numerous times.. is old by now.. but please dont assumed.. as it makes an A** out of you... will close my blinds at home in case you are peeping.... tom...
10. rendHELL (Posts: 304; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
in short what your saying is... GALLITOKING does not have the Balls to be a man, stand up and be different with the rest of the dumb i-f*gs???
am i correct???
anyway i dont care what ifans say about this.... XD
its still SAMMY FTW!!!!
13. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
27. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
are you ok?.... I mean how can you explain your behavior to call people out over the internet.. hmmm please get help. I would hate to see you leave... take care... and yes you are... special here.. ok
14. Dmann (Posts: 165; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
By following the judge´s current logic:
"Consumers are well aware that there is an original and that competitors try to use similar designs, so buyers are vigilant when looking at products. We don't think that someone buys a Samsung to make his table neighbor at the coffee house believe he owns an iPad."
it shouldn´t be banned in the first place (before the changes), should it?
15. tedkord (Posts: 10231; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
This judge is crazy. It's still a rectangle. Didn't he see the pictures? If you open the app drawer, cover the Samsung logo, and compress the picture to change the aspect ratio, while squinting at it from 30 yards away after huffing glue, I defy you to tell them apart.
16. rendHELL (Posts: 304; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
I dare you too.... 30 yards away... A black glass that is smooth and shiny vs Ipad 2
you could not tell the difference...
31. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
no ones going to buy a device 30 yards,when you actually purchase a device my guess is you will be either holding the device or be within a meter of the device....lol all tvs look the same from 30 yards away...would love to meet someone who buys something in person 30 yards away.
19. Whateverman (Posts: 3250; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Time to let it go Apple! They've done what was required to change the look of the tab, so just stop!
21. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Samusung should design Pentagram-shaped tablets....
25. axed97 (Posts: 16; Member since: 19 Aug 2011)
you could even get an app to summon the devil with that one dont even need to draw it out ;p
26. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1717; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
lol that reminds me of the Pyramid tablet on The Office. Unleash the power of the Pyramid!
28. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
Judge: Apple's unlikely to succeed (in future)
33. rendHELL (Posts: 304; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
completely agree with you...
thats what i mean.... XD
34. rendHELL (Posts: 304; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
go met tedkord.... he is the guy that buys tablets at 30 yards away.... hahahah... lol...