Judge: Apple showed a 'lack of integrity"
Instead of following the court ruling as to the content of the post, Apple put up parts of the judge's ruling that said the iPad "was striking," with a "cool design." Apple also noted that the judge said that Samsung GALAXY Tablets "...do not have the same understated and extreme simplicity which is possessed by the Apple design. They are not as cool."
Judge Robin Jacob was livid when he saw what Apple had done and demanded a change in the wording of the 'apology'. After being given a 24 hour deadline, Apple finally did post a 'boilerplate' apology that was more in line with the judge's request.
Judge Jacob is still angry and on Friday, he said that Apple showed a "lack of integrity" when the company told the judge that it would take two weeks to change the original statement on its website. The judge added that Apple published "false and misleading" statements. During a November 1st hearing, Lord Justice Longmore told Apple, "We are just amazed that you cannot put the right notice up at the same time as you take the other one down." Jacob added: "I don't believe the instructions you have been given. This is that Apple cannot put something on their own website?"
1. andro. (Posts: 1962; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
A judge with sense and balls to call it against apple
7. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1087; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
'Apple showed a lack of intgrity'....is that a surprise?
12. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Yes, how dare that man iMply that Apple was iNcontempt?
Apple is a law-abiding and fair company; people shouldn't believe the histrionic banter of some judge (unless it's judge lucy Ho) or the utterances of the thousands of workers at some Chinese factory.
31. MeoCao (unregistered)
if Apple had integrity:
- they would not file for stupid patents of rectangle with rounded corners
- they would not take their competitors to courts with such petty patents
- they would use standard connectors for their gadgets
- they would not sell a piece of wire for $30
- they would not use "reality distortion field" to mislead customers
- they would apologize when they are wrong and not point their fingers to their victims
Only if Apple had integrity!
2. Izzy_V (Posts: 216; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
They keep playing with fire, they're going to get burned.
8. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3013; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Burn they will for sure!!
"...it would take two weeks to change the original statement on its
How the hell would changing the statement take two weeks?? When all it took was a few days to post it after the Judge ruled against Apple?? Seems like Apple is still not the leader in tech world as people claim them to be.
25. shuaibhere (Posts: 1597; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
It will not take even 10 minutes to change the statement for me....whateva language they use....it will not take more than 15 minutes....
35. ber_to (Posts: 11; Member since: 06 Nov 2012)
i myself can change one article in our website for an hour, but it will take them two weeks, better not put up a website at all.
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8713; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Typical. The only company in the world that thinks they're above the law. I hope for the worst for them in the near future.
26. -box- (Posts: 3823; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I would not say "only", but perhaps most visible and arrogantly aggressive
4. deuel_18 (Posts: 54; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Maybe Apple used an apple i"max" that couldn't digest humiliation to post apology statement on the web that's why
6. ElektronicGeek91 (Posts: 105; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Apple just happens to have their confidence so far up their ass.
9. angelesmec (unregistered)
Simple instructions and yet Apple cannot comply.. What kind of company is that?
10. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Apple to Judge --- What's integrity? It's one of the things that starts with "i" and we don't own it yet :D
13. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
and the "i" isnt patented in this one! :)
22. Droiddoes (unregistered)
F*cking brilliant! Marry me.
11. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6588; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
This JUDGE IS SO BAD A.. wish we have judges like him in the states. and YES APPLE YOU SHOW LACK OF INTERGRITY u idiot fruit
14. jroc74 (Posts: 5009; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
"Judge Jacob is still angry and on Friday, he said that Apple showed a "lack of integrity"
Really? Apple? Lack of integrity? I'm shocked by this news...
15. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 460; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
Y'all put way to much effort into hating Apple, it's really not that serious. Then again, maybe it is that serious in y'all opinions.
19. Izzy_V (Posts: 216; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
You put too much effort into turning a blind eye. It really is that serious. Then again, maybe it isn't that serious in your opinion.
When a company thinks it's above the law, that's when something has to be done to put it in line. apple is under the impression that deep pockets allow it to do whatever it wants in any country, if that isn't bad enough for you then I don't know what to tell you.
37. roscuthiii (Posts: 1847; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
As an emotional response... people are allowed to hate whatever they like. A greedy, pompous, domineering, hypocritical company seems as deserving a target as any other.
16. Stuntman (Posts: 734; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Apple needed the time to figure out how to hide the apology from people which they eventually did.
28. protozeloz (Posts: 5378; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
They did, page renders different in both US and UK sites (making one bigger) so contact and disclaimer can only be seen if scrolled down
17. febzz88 (Posts: 4; Member since: 17 Jul 2012)
Truth be told.. and here it comes again.. as what my good friend Rihanna says "what goes around comes back around.."
18. someones4 (Posts: 619; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Ohh no.. Apple lacks integrity? What is the world coming to? Is there still any point to life?
20. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3033; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Upon each day that passes, I become more and more ashamed and embarassed I ever loved Apple. Completely unprofessional and childish and at least Samsung's commericals are funny and clever.
23. Chuck.Norris (unregistered)
exactly my thoughts, I owned 3 x Iphone 3gs and 1 x Iphone 4 and an IPad, now I hate Apple, all because the litigation, I was blind and now I see.
32. Xquisite (Posts: 87; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
Upon each day that passes, I become mroe and mroe ashamed and embarassed that I love android and have an android phone. The way fandroids act and how they think they're superior to iOS users is just too much.
38. Xquisite (Posts: 87; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
Thumbs down the truth fandroids, You idiots are now worse than iSheep.
21. Droiddoes (unregistered)
"Apple shows a lack of integrity. In other news, the sky is blue..."
24. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
apple lack of integritiy.... well no one's gonna argue with that. it happened since the steve job's era
27. -box- (Posts: 3823; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
You taking about the recent era or the entire company's history? Stealing Xerox Parc wasn't the most integrity-filled action ever...
33. Xquisite (Posts: 87; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
Seriously I don't even own an Apple product, but put up an apology on their site? How would you all feel if Judge Koh told Samsung to put up an apology on their site for copying apples designs? ( Not saying they did but according to Judge Koh they did.) Then samsung refused to do so?
You all would be saying "APPLES THINKZ THEY CAN JUST MAKE PEOPLE DO WHATEVER THEY WANT, GOOD JOB STANDING UP TO THEM SAMSUNG!"
But since it's apple you all are saying "SUCH AN EVIL, CHILDISH, AND UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY!"
36. ilia1986 (unregistered)
In life there is good and there's evil.
So is the case in the tech world.
I'm serious here. Apple IS EVIL. If the definition of evil is "an entity seeking to control any and all fields and aspects associated directly or indirectly with it's interests whilst caring only for it's own interest and via complete disregard for the well being of other entities".
The very moment they BANNED a COMPETITIVE product - they became evil.
This is not just some childish biased "fandroid" claim. This is a pure objective observation.
39. Xquisite (Posts: 87; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
Tell me how Apple has a complete disregard for the well being of other entities? Business is business, Apple isn't the only business that tries to take down the competition. If you believe so, you're naive.
40. metoyou (Posts: 277; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
When a person start a sentence beginning with "I didnt'......" means he/she did. Why defending yourself if you didn't? just like all thieves saying " I didn't steal it"
"Explain is just a cover up" = direct translate from Chinese "解釋就是掩飾"
34. tedkord (Posts: 4975; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Unfortunately, your honor, it's not at all atypical.