Jolla will reveal its MeeGo-based Sailfish OS on November 21
0. phoneArena 05 Oct 2012, 06:00 posted on
The day we'll finally be able to see what Jolla has been working on for the last year and a half is getting closer and closer. Jolla Mobile has announced that will will showcase its first handset by the end of the year, and its MeeGo-based Sailfish OS on November 21...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Medel (Posts: 83; Member since: 31 May 2011)
MeeGo and Maemo FTW! and the main OS of Nokia :D
2. eisenbricher (Posts: 924; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
I wish best luck for the guys working hard at Jolla...
Somewhere I read that Jolla can run Android apps almost good as native apps. It is considered that the OS will also support Tizen apps when it comes out. If this is true then wow! We would be having a truly versatile OS with bright future. And knowing the finns I'm sure they'd maintain good customer relations, while rectifying the mistakes Nokia made in the past.
3. akr91 (Posts: 3; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
I think nokia is secretly helping jolla....coz they kow meego is awesome
4. fongy (Posts: 41; Member since: 09 Feb 2010)
I reckon their success will all rest on the desirability of their handsets... (and compatibility with the likes of Android apps, etc.)
If they come up with something original, different and funky, they're in with a chance...
They need to make a very big splash!
Good luck to them, always nice to see people innovate and bring in new ways of interacting with mobiles!
5. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2953; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
They definitely have Nokia's blessing... May the force be with you...Jolla! :D
6. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Wishing you all the very best, Meego, Maemo and Jolla.....
7. Maddy (Posts: 29; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
MeeGo => you will definitely go for top spot one day...!!!!