Jolla preparing to announce first device in May, those who pre-order to get a “special edition”
Jolla is building up on the Nokia N9 and MeeGo foundation. Their device “will represent modern Scandinavian design” and run on the Sailfish operating system.
Jolla is trying to stir up excitement about its upcoming smartphone and promises special and unique features to those who pre-order first.
“We want Jolla to be a movement. We want to involve fans already in early phases. Fans make sure that phone will be available and fans will be first ones to get their phones,” said Antti Saarnio of Jolla.
source: Digitoday via MyNokiaBlog
1. Diego! (Posts: 536; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
OMG! I wish them the best! I hope they bring something new to the table :)
23. Johnnokia (Posts: 867; Member since: 27 May 2012)
Is it only me who see BB10 is a copy of Sailfish?
25. akki20892 (Posts: 3798; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Johnnokia BB10 copy several OS design and UI.....!!! ( Jolla, iOS, Specially Meego)
2. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
0:50, i saw the little green dude on the background.. and the UI seems familiar. More like combinations of Android and Windows i suppose.. :O
9. Basharhd99 (Posts: 62; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Dude the android in the back is for telling you that sailfish can run android apps
6. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
for some reason i think nokia is backing them up with more then meegoo patents
4. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Good luck Jolla! Welcome back! :)
7. akki20892 (Posts: 3798; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Jolla best luck in future, hope u guys do well......!!!
10. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 368; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
i think Ubuntu phone os & Jolla sailfish os will be a great option for low end smartphones.
11. addicted2088 (Posts: 53; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Rather, they'll be a great option for all categories, not just high-end, unlike Android and its Java and dalvik-based core which makes it a pain to use on low-end. But no complaints, we get more flexible OS as alternatives. :D
16. predator93 (Posts: 122; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
Considering the capabilities of ubuntu, if all the major features can be ported into the mobile version then it would be a great option for high end devices.
12. duwiegeneral (Posts: 48; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
yeaaaaah!!!! am really excited i think nokia is an phantom b-hind jolla...
14. shreehari (Posts: 45; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
bad luck for nokia but all the best good luck but one only apps rule the smart phone industry
15. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1127; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
They should just have made this OS an android skin on their phones. That way itd look and feel the same yet have apps. Apps are everything.
21. anandtdk (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Apr 2013)
Nokia-W to Nokia-J... Bring it on... Plan B of course... :P
26. GrmanR (Posts: 41; Member since: 09 Apr 2013)
Jolla is phone manufacturer or just makes the Os? If not, who is going to make the phone?
29. lhtbinh1909 (Posts: 89; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
They makes the OS and has Nokia and Intel at their back
28. lhtbinh1909 (Posts: 89; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
Where is year 2010? LoL :D. Good music.
The UI is a combination of WP and Android, right? But it's look simple and kind of smooth, can't wait.....
30. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Jolla - Born from the ashes of Meego!
31. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
ALL HAIL JOLLA!!