John Legere - the hero Wireless deserves, but not the one it needs right now
1. Daftama (Posts: 592; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Because him all the plans across the board are higher thanks... No more subsided prices... Pay full retail price thanks.. Moron
5. Lmao2013 (Posts: 29; Member since: 05 Dec 2013)
Get a job, besides in the long run your bill would actually be cheaper and you will save money in your pocket.... Subsidies were a f******king scam
7. McLTE (Posts: 745; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Here is what you don't understand.. Verizon and AT&T will gladly eliminate the subsidized pricing on the phone, but they will be very reluctant to reduce our monthly fees to compensate.
12. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
They already have. What do you think they are advertising all the time now?
15. grapeseed87 (Posts: 123; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
They will have to if they lose subscribers which is already happening.
20. hurrycanger (Posts: 1493; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Well, that's Verizon's fault (or scam?) for not reducing the price when people buy the phone at full price.
AT&T, however, does reduce the monthly rate if you buy the phone at full price. I've checked.
21. hurrycanger (Posts: 1493; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Some morons don't ever understand, and they will keep believing buying a subsidized carrier phone will save them money like what the carriers' sale representatives say. :D
8. Bernoulli (Posts: 2310; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
It brings a nice balance to the board, a person with let's say a note 3 pay 29.50 extra a month, vs a person with a phone like lumia 521 pays only 5.25 extra, definitely a much more fair position for someone who wants to actually save money
14. Mrmark (Posts: 186; Member since: 26 Jan 2013)
I agree bills are the same price .... Actually pay more a month now with the purchase of a full price monthly payment ...
19. downphoenix (Posts: 2687; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
not really. I cut my bill in half on Sprint thanks to Framily, and this happened thanks to John Legere, as I doubt Sprint would have introduced this plan if not for T-mobile doing its new plans and ETF buyouts. Sure, unlimited data is gone for me now, but I never was a data heavy user anyway, and when I do, I usually have wifi.
22. phonetekmek (Posts: 70; Member since: 04 Oct 2013)
If you think you are saving money on the Framily plan I got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. Once you add in phone pricing you pay more per 2 years! But everyone loves no contract. This is the biggest bill of goods ever sold.
16. grapeseed87 (Posts: 123; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
Seriously man wow! You will pay less overtime and Tmob does offer a monthly payment plan very similar to subsidized plans, they just broke them down to make it very flexible for anybody. Just uncarrier yourself already and get it with Tmob! :D
23. elitewolverine (Posts: 3142; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
I bet you were not very good at math either....
My price before the new plan 100.00, then I purchase a subsidized phone 200.00. At the end of 2 years...that is $2600 to your carrier.
My price after phone payment plan and same data plan (unlimited with 2.5gb of hotspot), is now 87. That means every month is 13 into my pocket. Which means, I saved $312.
2. EnigmaticPsychotic (Posts: 43; Member since: 26 Nov 2013)
I'm so glad you don't speak for the majority of people.
3. mr.techdude (Posts: 568; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Lmaoooo that tittle made my day. Good one PA
6. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 940; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
Legere shakes the industry up, and does what the consumer wants. This is good for the industry because with out the consumer there is no industry. The industry so far as raked the consumer over the coals even while making big profits. The only thing John may hurt is the greedy investors and highly paid CEO's that can never get enough.
When You say he is not the one the industry needs right now that is a matter of opinion. His unorthodox ways is just what the industry needs right now!
9. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1577; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
The title is a play on the words Jim Gordon says at the end of "The Dark Knight" about Batman: "Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one we need right now," since, you know, Legere is Batman.
10. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
I absolutely love what I have seen of this guy in the media. I bet he is an absolute Riot to work for, and honestly America and the world could use more people like him in positions of power in major corporations.
24. Federated (Posts: 255; Member since: 06 Mar 2010)
I never buy a subsidized phone. Full retail price is the only way to go for me. I save a lot of money.
25. youlookfoolish (Posts: 153; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)
Sprint users who demand unlimited data and jump on framily will indeed pay much more by financing the phone. It's not even close.
Over $300 for 4 phones financed with unlimited data. That's absurd. Old plan was $210 with subsidy. Sprint is sodomizing existing customers who are there for unlimited data.