The buttons are still large and include easy to use "Yes" and "No" buttons and a panic button that let's you speak to a 5star urgent response agent. The Jitterbug Plus is available from retailer's like Best Buy, and Radio Shack for $99 in silver or red. Or, you can make the purchase from the Greatcall.com web site. If you're seriously interested in the device, we'd suggest you act now because the price is scheduled to rise $20 to $119 shortly.
The Jitterbug Plus is equipped with a stronger battery and better speakers than what was included with the original model. Users can turn features on or off, dependiong on how simple they want the phone to be. Things have changed since the OG Jitterbug launched in 2006. Half of all seniors are now online while one in three use a social networking site.
With one of the longest lasting batteries on the market – up to 25 days of standby time – the Jitterbug Plus provides the luxury of not running out of power frequently. The new handset also retains the simplest menu navigation available, by providing simple "YES" or "NO" buttons, a backlit keypad and big, legible numbers. The improved speaker ensures all conversations are loud and clear.
"For our customers, simple is smart, and we're helping them learn new ways to stay connected and safe by adding easy-to-use features that they'll actually enjoy using," said David Inns, CEO of GreatCall. "A few years ago it was simplified text messaging, now it's one-touch photo sharing on Facebook."
Since the original Jitterbug cell phone debuted in 2006, today's mature Americans are looking for additional features to meet their lifestyle needs. The Jitterbug Plus has evolved along with them to include a thoughtful feature set that is never intimidating.
Technology adoption by mature Americans in particular has grown significantly in the past few years. In fact, a June 2012 Pew Research report shows interesting findings that reflect the increase among Boomers and Seniors:
· For the first time, half of adults age 65 and older are online.
· One in three online seniors uses social networking sites like Facebook and LinkedIn.
· Social networking site use among seniors has increased by as much as 150% (from 13% in 2009 to 33% in 2011).
· Seven in ten adults ages 65 and older own a cell phone (up from 57% two years ago)
· Baby Boomers are increasingly using Facebook-a combined 28 million people over the age of 45 are active on the social network, uploading on average 391-418 photos-just as many as younger users.
The demand for a mobile device that can quickly and easily exchange information is high. With the simplicity of the Jitterbug Plus' new photo sharing capability on Facebook, consumers don't need to worry about computer cords and complicated uploading procedures. At the touch of a button, Jitterbug Plus users can easily capture special moments via the built-in camera and instantly share them with family and friends.
Key Features of the New Jitterbug Plus:
Modern and sleek handset design by Samsung
Easy-to-use camera with one-touch photo sharing to social websites, like Facebook
Easy navigation with "YES" or "NO" buttons, a backlit keypad and big, legible numbers
Improved speaker ensures all conversations will be loud and clear
Battery life of up to 25 days of standby time
· Bright color screen with large numbers
Dial "0" to reach a GreatCall Operator who can help manage your Calendar or Phone Book
· Compatible with GreatCall's award-winning, innovative health and medical apps, like 5Star Urgent Response
Available in two colors – Red or Silver
GreatCall's unwavering commitment to provide wireless services that people can count on means that the award-winning features customers know and love are also offered, including:
· GreatCall will never ask you to sign a contract
· All features are easy to understand and use
· You can call the operator 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and be greeted by name
· No long distance or roaming charges
The new Jitterbug Plus will retail for $119 with a limited-time introductory price of $99. To purchase the new Jitterbug Plus, call directly at 1-866-554-4751, online at greatcall.com or at select retailers including Best Buy, Sears, Radio Shack Dealer Franchise, Fry's Electronics and ShopKo. Visit our store locator online to find a retailer near you.
To learn more about all available GreatCall products and services, please visit: http://www.greatcall.com