Jimmy Kimmel pulls the same iPhone prank, but this time with an iPad mini
0. phoneArena 12 Sep 2013, 00:26 posted on
We've already seen the same jokes around the new iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c announcements recycled by the amateur YouTube crews, so why wouldn't we expect the same thing from the professionals? Jimmy Kimmel has basically run this prank twice already, but this time around he cranked it up a bit by telling people that the iPad mini was actually the newly announced iPhone 5s...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
35. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 726; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
No they meant Star Trek, as in Geordi la Forge, not cyclops!
2. Topcat488 (Posts: 1141; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Jimmy. Jimmy. Jimmy, leave Apple alone. Leave them alone, alone... Boo Hoo Hoo.
39. reckless562 (Posts: 702; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
no!! they need to open their OS or stich to making great computers
3. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1827; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Where do they find these people? Under a rock? .....
37. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 853; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Half my exes friends were this stupid and would easily believe it. There are people out there like this and they outnumber people like us. Be afraid, be very afraid..
5. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2601; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
LMAO... Everybody knows the truth...just lick it...
9. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Prove that the average apple consumer (still) knows nothing about tech. You could sell them dishwasher telling them its a fridge and they'd believe it. Not to mention the many people who have brought mirrors believing them to be ipads. (One should be able to tell from its weight)
11. twens (Posts: 610; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
This is not funny anymore. Honestly, it's time we all agree that 90% of apple buyers are idiots. No wonder they settle for the same thing each year. I mean like seriously? Apple can sell a 8'' iPhone and to their customers it will be okay cos apple says 8'' is cool for a phone. It's just a pitty
12. GeekMovement (Posts: 1501; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
So you just lick it... I can't really t... OH I CAN TASTE IT
16. Bedz81 (Posts: 51; Member since: 30 Dec 2012)
At least a couple of them must be actors, no-one is that stupid....
19. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
The last guy was obviously an iFan the way he was going on about the specs, how in the world did he not know it wasn't an iPhone?
20. JunitoNH (Posts: 882; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
All paid actors, no one is that dumb, not even grandma. By now, everyone knows iPhone have some screens.
27. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
I work for one of the larger cell phone companies in the US, and yes people are that stupid...
21. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1268; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
If they are all non-actor... then all i can say the general public population is fricking stupid.... I'm so glad everyone on PhoneArena isn't as dumb as those people are....
23. linaresx (Posts: 84; Member since: 13 Jun 2013)
At the end Geordi La Forge recommends it so it's a buy.
24. TritonForceX (Posts: 57; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
You have to lick it...
Before you stick it...
"It" being your hand in your wallet to dump out too much money for the same phone, again!
25. nexusdude (Posts: 149; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
I could have never imagined to say this, but dammit, people are stupid.
26. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
Gotta love apple zombies. You could put an apple stamp on a turd and apple fans would buy it. Good Lord
28. -box- (Posts: 3784; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Someday I want one of these prank videos to include someone with a GOOD phone, and be like "I don't care about the new model, I got a [insert model here, like Lumia]!
29. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 633; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
That is how Apple has been successful in making a fool out of consumers. An average consumer in USA is not very smart. If they can't differentiate between iPad & iPhone, forget differentiating between iPhone5 & iPhone5S.. Dumb people.. They believe on any crap that Apple tells them & they buy their over-priced devices..(no wonder revenue of Apple is so high even after lesser sales compared to Android devices).
I don't think it is fake.. YouTube has lot of videos about dumb american people. For example, in a survey, when it was asked about Obama. Reply was that he is evil & pathetic. Several of them didn't know he is their own president. In another video, people failed to reply where food & vegetables come from. Lot of people replied "from Can". LOL.. & who can forget that famous video where gal couldn't tell "how far u wud go in 1 hr if u travel at 60mph"
32. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
Just to clarify it's not just in America, people are dumb everywhere.
42. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 633; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Not targeting anyone. Juz that this video was shot in USA & I happen to have watched lot of videos of that kind.. Even you would agree that gal who was licking the ipad for chocolate taste was dumb.... LOL.. Damn funny video....
30. wheelz78 (Posts: 5; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Funny video, but remember we are on phone arena because we know something about mobile technology and we can have discussions about pros and cons of any new device or service. Truth is we are the minority and the Bay majority will go with what they believe is trending. I'm sure I could convince some of my technology ignorant friends that my old HTC Touch Pro 2 is a current phone with its full querty physical keyboard and stylus! But I digress...Also what comes to mind is some guy in Japan is going to wait in line for 10 days just so he can get one of the new iPhone 5's
31. nothingmuch (Posts: 165; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Look up, there's a plane stuck in the mud! LOL!! People are gullible
34. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
I know not everyone is informed as us but surely people can't be that oblivious... some of the things are just common sense stuff. Its clearly a much much bigger device so why would you say it's smaller and lighter. 1 guy even claimed to be a huge apple fan so surely he would know that's an iPad mini.
36. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 726; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
I agree these people are stupid, but I do wonder how long and how many people they had to film, before getting these idjits....