Jelly Beans seen at Google's MWC booth. Hmmmm...
0. phoneArena 27 Feb 2012, 13:47 posted on
A Google+ photostream of the Android MWC booth reveals a curious jar of confections, hinting that perhaps information on the next version of Android isn't so far away...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Maybe it's indeed JB. But if so it's most likely 4.1 and not 5.0. ICS is just a few months old.
Next version will probably be called Kiwi Souffle. :)
3. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
i was thinking next would be key lime pie or kahlua.
6. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Nah - I vote for Kiwi Souffle. Kiwi is green. Perfect for Android. :D
15. ilia1986 (unregistered)
But kiwi is tastier :P
35. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
lubs ya illia, but imma have to go with keylime pie.. for K lol. L will probably be licorice
and kiwi is gross :)
26. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1676; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Ever thought that what happen when the OS comes to X and Z??
27. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1676; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
same thing with iPhone and iOS, you really think there is going to be an iPhone26? They will change it up.
40. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
well Z could be Zebracake, i love zebracakes
44. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
this guy works for google and we need to get more info from him.
45. Saamic (Posts: 119; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
Time squallz506 posted this comment: 27 Feb 2012, 14:09
29. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
all kidding aside, ICS was great! I loved it when i had my Nexus S. There doesn't need to be an Android 5 yet. Unless they're trying to compete with Apple in software versions.
2. drahmad (Posts: 480; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
i think google should release the next version of android at least one year later and not release premature versions
4. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
thats a nice opinion. keep it to your self.
thank god you have absolutely no pull in the cell phone industry.
12. crankyd00d (Posts: 191; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
It's amazing how selfish people are, they want progress to stop just so they can catch up. The faster the better IMO
24. cellphonator (Posts: 298; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
Selfishness has nothing to do with that. I think that by "premature version" he meant something that doesn't work as it suppose to.
28. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1676; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Every new version is going to have its bugs. If you don't like it stick to boring semi-reliable iOS then
20. cybervlad81 (Posts: 84; Member since: 04 Apr 2011)
ICS was announced way before it made it to a device, I would expect it to be close to a year even if they show it off now. Though I do agree that as long as they push out more and more good stuff I don't care how fast they do it, I'll catch up eventually and then be obsolete again for a while, that's just the way it goes.
31. W.P._Android_in_that_Order (Posts: 207; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
I agree with @drahmad on this one. It doesnt have to do with selfishness. It has to do with releasing versions that have the bigs worked out.
36. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
im going to agree with Drah as well. I would rather every update come out polished than on a schedule.
5. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I'd rather see more Ice Cream Sandwich in action rather than a hasty Jelly Beans update.
7. ilia1986 (unregistered)
I want me some Ice cream Sandwich packed within an Eclair, inside a Cupcake, with a Frozen Yogurt on top, with a bit of Honey, and some Gingerbread on the side please. :)
42. karanstyle (Posts: 188; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Stop using Android else you'll die from Diabetes :-D Lol
What a Pj... :-P
9. Zayuh24 (Posts: 149; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I completely agree. Carriers in the US are horrible with updating their phones to ICS (or any Android update for that matter).
11. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
ICS has been out for over four months now. it isnt google's fault that carriers and manufacturers cant keep up.
13. Jenks (Posts: 11; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
Y not cheesecake? Cheesecake is sooooo good !
14. aphexjuggalo (Posts: 3; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
i'm sure it will be 4.1 as well and not 5 already. they have named a lot of the x.x updates already.
16. eman99 (Posts: 251; Member since: 03 Aug 2010)
fruits are for windows think broader for android
18. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Apollo and tango aren't exactly fruits ya know ?
21. aztaxia12295 (Posts: 268; Member since: 22 Nov 2009)
how about ANDROID SPECIAL K for android 6.0
what? no one has heard of the cereal? sheesh.
22. Jphones (Posts: 235; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Ha after jelly bean next should be Kitchen Sink because they'll throw every in it.
43. karanstyle (Posts: 188; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I so agree with your statement Hi5 @Jphones :-P
25. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5657; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i'm for Key Lime Pie. c:
i wouldn't mind taking a look at what Jellybean has to offer. it's not like they're gonna create total chaos by releasing it now or anything.
33. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
just total chaos on phone arena lol
30. kingpet13 (Posts: 139; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
I think that jelly bean could be released soon because google has said that they wanted a lot more features with ics but were not ready. Maybe they have solved morst of the problems. Like Majels data
34. gevvyd (Posts: 13; Member since: 17 Feb 2010)
I'll just have an Ice Cream for dinner and some Jelly Beans for dessert :)
37. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
For everyone voting for Key Lime Pie.
you do realize that it starts with..a K right? lol..
I think the jellybeans are just a teaser to get the internet blogs churning.. nothing more.
41. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
ZOMG.. lolololololol. dyslexia strikes again.
nothing to see here people, move along.. move along :)
46. ncv144 (Posts: 126; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Then after jelly bean is kit kat and then lollipop