Jelly Beans seen at Google's MWC booth. Hmmmm...
People have suggested since last fall that the next version of Android will be named Jelly Bean, and The Verge has claimed they can confirm the name with inside sources. Now MWC visitors may be able to confirm the name for themselves, as Mr. Barra included the following photograph in his stream of pics from the Android booth he posted on Google+.
We suppose it could just be a coincidence…but really, what are the odds that Google would have a table with nothing but a jar of jelly beans on it if they weren’t trying to hint at something? And what are the odds that a photo of said table would find its way into Hugo Barra’s photo stream by chance?
Yeah, that’s what we thought too.
source: Google+ via Droid-Life
1. ilia1986 posted on 27 Feb 2012, 13:59 7 3
Maybe it's indeed JB. But if so it's most likely 4.1 and not 5.0. ICS is just a few months old.
Next version will probably be called Kiwi Souffle. :)
3. squallz506 posted on 27 Feb 2012, 14:09 12 0
i was thinking next would be key lime pie or kahlua.
6. ilia1986 posted on 27 Feb 2012, 14:14 0 9
Nah - I vote for Kiwi Souffle. Kiwi is green. Perfect for Android. :D
8. squallz506 posted on 27 Feb 2012, 14:17 7 1
and limes arent green lol?
15. ilia1986 posted on 27 Feb 2012, 14:43 3 4
But kiwi is tastier :P
19. cybervlad81 posted on 27 Feb 2012, 15:09 1 4
35. remixfa posted on 28 Feb 2012, 07:08 0 0
lubs ya illia, but imma have to go with keylime pie.. for K lol. L will probably be licorice
and kiwi is gross :)
26. jaytai0106 posted on 27 Feb 2012, 15:45 0 0
Ever thought that what happen when the OS comes to X and Z??
27. EclipseGSX posted on 27 Feb 2012, 15:49 1 0
same thing with iPhone and iOS, you really think there is going to be an iPhone26? They will change it up.
40. kshell1 posted on 28 Feb 2012, 07:42 0 0
well Z could be Zebracake, i love zebracakes
44. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 04 Mar 2012, 21:30 1 0
this guy works for google and we need to get more info from him.
45. Saamic posted on 04 Mar 2012, 22:22 0 0
Time squallz506 posted this comment: 27 Feb 2012, 14:09
29. simplyj posted on 27 Feb 2012, 16:05 0 0
all kidding aside, ICS was great! I loved it when i had my Nexus S. There doesn't need to be an Android 5 yet. Unless they're trying to compete with Apple in software versions.
2. drahmad posted on 27 Feb 2012, 14:08 10 7
i think google should release the next version of android at least one year later and not release premature versions
4. squallz506 posted on 27 Feb 2012, 14:10 11 8
thats a nice opinion. keep it to your self.
thank god you have absolutely no pull in the cell phone industry.
12. crankyd00d posted on 27 Feb 2012, 14:25 5 5
It's amazing how selfish people are, they want progress to stop just so they can catch up. The faster the better IMO
24. cellphonator posted on 27 Feb 2012, 15:33 5 0
Selfishness has nothing to do with that. I think that by "premature version" he meant something that doesn't work as it suppose to.
28. EclipseGSX posted on 27 Feb 2012, 15:51 2 7
Every new version is going to have its bugs. If you don't like it stick to boring semi-reliable iOS then
20. cybervlad81 posted on 27 Feb 2012, 15:14 0 0
ICS was announced way before it made it to a device, I would expect it to be close to a year even if they show it off now. Though I do agree that as long as they push out more and more good stuff I don't care how fast they do it, I'll catch up eventually and then be obsolete again for a while, that's just the way it goes.
31. W.P._Android_in_that_Order posted on 27 Feb 2012, 16:34 4 0
I agree with @drahmad on this one. It doesnt have to do with selfishness. It has to do with releasing versions that have the bigs worked out.
36. remixfa posted on 28 Feb 2012, 07:09 0 0
im going to agree with Drah as well. I would rather every update come out polished than on a schedule.
5. Bluesky02 posted on 27 Feb 2012, 14:11 5 0
I'd rather see more Ice Cream Sandwich in action rather than a hasty Jelly Beans update.
7. ilia1986 posted on 27 Feb 2012, 14:17 4 3
I want me some Ice cream Sandwich packed within an Eclair, inside a Cupcake, with a Frozen Yogurt on top, with a bit of Honey, and some Gingerbread on the side please. :)
42. karanstyle posted on 28 Feb 2012, 09:12 1 0
Stop using Android else you'll die from Diabetes :-D Lol
What a Pj... :-P
9. Zayuh24 posted on 27 Feb 2012, 14:20 1 0
I completely agree. Carriers in the US are horrible with updating their phones to ICS (or any Android update for that matter).
11. squallz506 posted on 27 Feb 2012, 14:24 1 0
ICS has been out for over four months now. it isnt google's fault that carriers and manufacturers cant keep up.
14. aphexjuggalo posted on 27 Feb 2012, 14:26 0 1
i'm sure it will be 4.1 as well and not 5 already. they have named a lot of the x.x updates already.
18. protozeloz posted on 27 Feb 2012, 14:55 5 0
Apollo and tango aren't exactly fruits ya know ?
21. aztaxia12295 posted on 27 Feb 2012, 15:14 5 0
how about ANDROID SPECIAL K for android 6.0
what? no one has heard of the cereal? sheesh.
22. Jphones posted on 27 Feb 2012, 15:25 3 0
Ha after jelly bean next should be Kitchen Sink because they'll throw every in it.
43. karanstyle posted on 28 Feb 2012, 09:15 1 0
I so agree with your statement Hi5 @Jphones :-P
25. KingKurogiii posted on 27 Feb 2012, 15:36 0 1
i'm for Key Lime Pie. c:
i wouldn't mind taking a look at what Jellybean has to offer. it's not like they're gonna create total chaos by releasing it now or anything.
30. kingpet13 posted on 27 Feb 2012, 16:33 2 0
I think that jelly bean could be released soon because google has said that they wanted a lot more features with ics but were not ready. Maybe they have solved morst of the problems. Like Majels data
34. gevvyd posted on 28 Feb 2012, 06:52 1 1
I'll just have an Ice Cream for dinner and some Jelly Beans for dessert :)
37. remixfa posted on 28 Feb 2012, 07:10 0 0
For everyone voting for Key Lime Pie.
you do realize that it starts with..a K right? lol..
I think the jellybeans are just a teaser to get the internet blogs churning.. nothing more.
41. remixfa posted on 28 Feb 2012, 07:59 1 0
ZOMG.. lolololololol. dyslexia strikes again.
nothing to see here people, move along.. move along :)
46. ncv144 posted on 14 May 2012, 15:30 0 0
Then after jelly bean is kit kat and then lollipop