Jelly Bean coming to Samsung Galaxy Beam?
0. phoneArena 01 Jul 2013, 04:14 posted on
You might remember the Samsung Galaxy Beam; this is the Android handset that includes a built in pico projector that allows you to project images from your phone onto as large as a 50 inch screen. By the time the device was launched in the U.S., it had already hit the market in a few countries, including the U.K...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Ohrules (Posts: 326; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
this is praise worthy. jelly bean for a phone that has not reportedly sold much. samsung's recent record in software updates has been surprisingly good
2. amancarlos (Posts: 42; Member since: 09 May 2012)
actually, the model was slated for jelly bean update, a long time ago.
but never came.
imo, the galaxy beam doesn't lag at all on GB (dunno how that's possible, but i guess its the dual-core novathor should be appreciated here). one can only imagine how good the phone will become after JB update.
3. garlic456 (Posts: 226; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
10 Months later and still no official update
4. jlendario (Posts: 2; Member since: 08 Mar 2014)
Any news about the upgrade?? Almost an year later and nothing....
5. garlic456 (Posts: 226; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
Nope. But the beta update is working without lag for me. Check out videos of Allabouthegalaxybeam and I will try to explain how to reduce lag in my youtube page Beam+
(in a few weeks)...
6. jlendario (Posts: 2; Member since: 08 Mar 2014)
Cool... I will try! I need first to root my device... but, I found everything I need in this youtube channel you told me. Tks!
7. garlic456 (Posts: 226; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
Root it after you do the JB update, or else you'll have to unroot before doing the update and do it again.