Jelly Bean coming to International Samsung Galaxy S III next week
0. phoneArena 21 Aug 2012, 21:51 posted on
It looks like the International version of the Samsung Galaxy S III will be getting updated to Android 4.1 next week following the Samsung Unpacked event on August 29th; it's still unknown as to when the Qualcommk S4 powered models will receive Jelly Bean...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
15. metoyou (Posts: 279; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
you can update the third leaks which I believe the final leak from XDA. I updated mine with Odin and every run super smooth, google voice is fast! and whole thing is butter smooth.
There are changes but i'm not gonna list here so have fun
17. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
They better not do the same thing that they did with my S2. I love my ICS update, but it took a long time. It wasn't the fact that it took a long time that bugged me, it's that they kept promising a release date and kept postponing it. For months. Ugh.
2. ayephoner (Posts: 849; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
what about the vzw gnex?
i bought this phone to get timely updates. pfft. i hate verizon.
10. TheRetroReplay (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
I feel you on that. I got my VZW GNex hoping the same thing, while the GSM versions have Jelly Bean all us Americans are waiting on our carriers to approve the update.
3. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3099; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Hahahaha the Galaxy S3 will get JellyBean before Verizons Galaxy Nexus. Oh come on Verizon
4. barondebxl (Posts: 121; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
It's also gonna get it before the HTC one x. So much for " HTC is better than Samsung with updates".
12. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
better to install different stock ROM....you shouldn't loose your warranty
5. iWorld (Posts: 85; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
what about Galaxy s2? why can't they update all galaxy series models?
6. JGuinan007 (Posts: 662; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Because they want you to buy a SGS3 or SGN2
18. E.N. (Posts: 2578; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
It's funny how fast they can update when they really want to
7. Mark.J.Linskiy (unregistered)
I think they will update the Galaxy S II to Jelly Bean, just not as quickly. It still shouldn't be long after though.
16. metoyou (Posts: 279; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
S2 and note should around around September and October
9. androidornothing (Posts: 143; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
This means nothing to US owners like me cuz well prob have to wait another 2 months atleast until we see any signs of this update.
13. Cesar (Posts: 138; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
YES! i will update my S III :)
14. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4239; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
What? The GS3 is getting the update before the US Nexus? Verizon and Sprint, what's wrong? Google should really step in at this point. Jelly Bean has been out for more than a month, and it still isn't available for the Nexus in the US. It's ready, just for some reason they don't want to roll it out yet.