Jelly Bean 4.2.1 leaks for OG Samsung GALAXY Note
It should be noted that unlike the N7000XXLSA leak revealed by Xda, which came from a dump of a person's device, a source for SamMobile says that the version of the update that we are discussing came right from Samsung's servers. All you need to do is flash the update with Odin and you're updated. Again, the issue with the S-Pen would concern us a little and you might want to wait for the official OTA update which is supposed to arrive late this year or early next year.
Among the cool changes included with the update are Project Butter (or is it "I can't believe it's not Project Butter?"), Multiwindows, customized notification panel, Pop-up Play, Smart Rotation and Google Now.
source: SamMobile via AndroidCentral
1. redmd (Posts: 1037; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
nice. Hopefully it includes the nature UI. What does OG mean?
8. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
The original note already have nature UI few weeks ago via an update
9. appleftw.com (Posts: 2; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
Lets be for reals here--- samsung can't do anything right anymore ever since they got slapped silly the first round of lawsuit and now they are about to get slap some more. OHHHHH!!! samsung butt must be red
11. redmd (Posts: 1037; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
you are in a roll giving thumbs down to everyone. Good job.
22. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
It most likely will. Jelly Bean has recently leaked for the Galaxy S2 (with almost NO bugs whatsoever, so excited because that means it'll probably roll out soon!) and it has the new UI.
2. shayan (Posts: 159; Member since: 09 Sep 2010)
Wow! Its so good that samsung learned to support their devices. It was the ONLY thing I didnt like about sammy.
4. flexile (Posts: 78; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
Nice, I had the Note some months ago and sold it in a week because I really didn't liked it, but with all the updates and such, I might return to the Galaxy Note.
5. anshulrajput (Posts: 6; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
admin correct this, it is not android 4.2.1, it is android 4.1.2
10. OHaZZaR (Posts: 131; Member since: 19 Aug 2011)
I was actually super excited about it being android 4.2.1 xD It was way too good to be true. I'm still gonna flash and tell you what it's like (hopefully)
13. anshulrajput (Posts: 6; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
its already confirmed that it is android 4.1.2.
12. omar300 (Posts: 209; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
THIS ARTICLE IS MISLEADING.
CLEARLY SOURCE STATED "4.1.2" NOT "4.2.1" THAT MAKES A HUGE HUGE HUGE DIFFERENCE.
14. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 909; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
15. JGuinan007 (Posts: 657; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Alan I think you need to send your co-workers another apology. Come on now 4.2.1 really?
16. spoks (Posts: 44; Member since: 01 Jun 2012)
I just sold may Note 1 for a Nexus 4... i hate waiting for updates and now I have android 4.2.1 on my Nexus 4 and 7... OEM phones are terrible... planning to get nexus 10 in 2013...
17. chethan316 (Posts: 28; Member since: 07 Nov 2010)
Alan, it's Android 4.1.2 and not 4.2.1. You had me shocked for a while. That's a whole different version of Android, although still Jelly Bean.
25. mariosraptor (Posts: 111; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
i just got 4.2.1 on my galaxy nexus yakju.
this sounded way too good and still is
26. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 545; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Now THIS I wasn't expecting, if it turns out to be true, Sammy is just beyond awesome unlike *cough* Motorola and their droids....
27. drjoea (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
I have a note1.....is it good and safe to do software updates...
So far i have not done any updates.....
Are there bugs in updates?