January 30th, 2013 date adds up to BlackBerry 10 launch
0. phoneArena posted on 12 Nov 2012, 11:48
Was RIM's decision to launch BlackBerry 10 on January 30th made by high level corporate managers after carefully pouring over demographics and stacks of statistics, or was the date picked because of a mathematical equation...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
18. MC1123 posted on 12 Nov 2012, 18:04 0 0
ikr! really looking forward to this!!! gotta love RIM and BlackBerry!
2. PapaSmurf posted on 12 Nov 2012, 12:01 4 0
I am looking forward to what BB10 has to offer. Guess I have to wait two more months.
5. Ohrules posted on 12 Nov 2012, 12:08 1 0
I had to give you a thumbs up for your profile pic
3. BBGrind posted on 12 Nov 2012, 12:04 0 0
Best news from RIM in a long time, now we need the specs on the software.
4. Ohrules posted on 12 Nov 2012, 12:05 0 0
Reminds me of s iii's launch which was on 5/3/12, where 5 looks like "S" and march is the third month, so it becomes s iii
8. davecann2 posted on 12 Nov 2012, 12:44 0 3
I have to agree...
Without the backing of developers RIM is doomed. Its a complete shame because, back in the day, BB had some of the best phones on the market!
In addition, if the specs dont compete with that of the iPhone or many of the higher end Android phones customers have no incentive to switch. Businesses have already abandoned ship.
12. vandroid posted on 12 Nov 2012, 13:26 2 0
You havent seen specs and you're already saying it can't compete with the iPhone and other phones?
14. downphoenix posted on 12 Nov 2012, 13:55 2 0
you're wrong because:
1) Blackberry has secured a lot of developer support. It may nto be as strong as IOS or Androdi granted, but it is certainly at least in line with WP8 if not stronger, since current BB devs are on board as well as new ones they've secured with Playbook and the dev alpha devices.
2) The specs will be competitive. The BB London, whcih is rumored to be the first device to launch from them, is going to have a 4.5 inch display with 1280x768 resolution, LTE, and a snapdragon s4 pro quad core processor. While it may be true that when itu does come out it may not be the most powerful device on the market, it will certainly be a lot more competitive than what BB7 devices were, which were all single core with a max resolution of 800x480 and 1.2 ghz single core processor, specs for the BB7 Torch 9850 for Sprint, the Bold 9930 which was considered the flagship BB7 device was even less since it had 1ghz single core and 640x480 resolution.
3) The new BB10 operating system has been receiving a lot of praise both from press, developers, and carriers. If BB10 fails, it will not be because of lack of it being a good OS.
21. axllebeer posted on 12 Nov 2012, 23:19 0 0
Correct on all with exception to the 9930/9900. It also had the same 1.2 ghz processor as the Sprint Torch as well as the 9810 Torch slider on AT&T. The Bold with the 1ghz processor was the Bold 9790. Oddly enough, it was the one with an auto focus camera! :(
9. imkyle posted on 12 Nov 2012, 13:06 1 0
RIM please update the playbook to BB 10 as you said earlier you would.
20. MC1123 posted on 12 Nov 2012, 22:33 0 0
ofcourse they will update it!! but not on january!! they will update it on q2 or early q3 2013!
10. PAPINYC posted on 12 Nov 2012, 13:24 2 0
Title should read, "January 30th, 2013 date adds up to BlackBerry 10, minus 9, minus 8, minus 7 (6,5,4.......1)"
17. PAPINYC posted on 12 Nov 2012, 15:16 0 1
i'M not hatin', iTry to remain iMpartial. However, can't wait for this big "DOOMSDAY 10"!!
11. Credo posted on 12 Nov 2012, 13:26 1 0
Does anybody know what the ammount of apps for the new bb os 10 is?
15. downphoenix posted on 12 Nov 2012, 13:56 1 0
I dont know but BB10 is an evolution of the current Playbook OS, so I would assume it would be compatible with those apps, or at least would be an extremely easy port over process.
19. shamataa posted on 12 Nov 2012, 21:12 0 1
Why are you people saying looking forward to it when they aren't going to make it. That first year they will be gone. There are so many good windows phones and Android phones coming out this and next month that if they are still which around which they won't people will forget that they are around but likely gone. So it doesn't matter. They have a zero chance to make it.
22. EMOLOve1511 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 01:09 0 0
RIM seem drop after Samsung Apple Nokia & HTC take over world smartphones market
23. kujee posted on 15 Nov 2012, 03:13 0 0
I think it is calculated but I a more market related view point mobile world congress 2013 the wait till new releases for rivals HTC Nokia apple and Samsung to compete with the rise of the anticipation of the new and current users but out me say if rim failed to meet its targeted customers needs ..it is gonna be a killer strike to the Canadian beast. I like their policy their attitude but if the new devices battery would be poor,if the call quality or antenna have issues or even the video formats support was not competing the other rivals it would be a big fail. The problem is that that they waited and waited and even waited a bit longer and That is a fire playing game that can make the win even more customers taking care of the smallest detail perfecting their new flagship phone or it could be the downfall that rim never recover from ....so it is now a matter of fate and time