Jailbreak your Apple iPhone 3G running on iOS 4.1 with redsn0w
As of now, redsn0w needs further testing on Windows PC’s and is currently only available on Mac OS X x86 because of this. The guys over at the Dev-Team Blog have posted the instructions on how to proceed with this jailbreak. The directions are as follows:
If you’ve already updated your device to 4.1 or 4.0, the next steps are:
1. Launch the beta redsn0w 0.9.6b1
2. Select your stock 4.1 or 4.0 ipsw (you’ve already used this to update your device to 4.1 or 4.0)
3. Select “Install Cydia” and any of the other options shown above, then click “Next”. Use DFU mode to install the jailbreak.
Note: If you choose to “Enable battery percentage”, you actually toggle that off and on via Settings->General->Usage.
You can always count on those guys to help you out with your jail-breaking needs. Have any of you tried this? Post your results in the comment section below.
source: Dev-Team Blog
1. DroidPro (Posts: 4; Member since: 21 Sep 2010)
NOVEMBER IT WILL A PART OF VZW LINE UP...THE FIRST 3G/4G IPHONE...Confirmed from a vzw employee...last friday.
2. JamesM11 (unregistered)
Sure you did. Everyone knows those guys working at mall kiosks know everything about the jesusphone coming to jesuswireless.
3. DroidPro (Posts: 4; Member since: 21 Sep 2010)
lol...this is from a corp. store mgr...a really good friend...he said the specs are sick...its pretty similar to the IPhone 4 but it will be by vzw's 3G/4G network...
4. mike p (unregistered)
if i am jailbroken on 4.0.1 and update to 4.1 then jailbreak it, will i b able to download the cydia apps that i paid for again for free. in my case the app is lockinfo