J.P. Morgan: Sales of 6th gen Apple iPhone could boost Q4 GNP by .5%
0. phoneArena 10 Sep 2012, 23:41 posted on
Wall Street Investment Bank J.P. Mprgan told clients on Monday that strong sales of the 6th generation Apple iPhone could tack on as much as half a percentage point to the country's annualized fourth quarter GNP which measures the output of a country...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5955; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
This kind of says it all: "The economist himself says that this computation should be looked at skeptically...."
2. remixfa (Posts: 14178; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yea, this guy also forgets that since then apple came under major scrutiny for its slave labor and has since had to increase costs to quell opposition. They are not working on the same margin as they were before. Granted its not much smaller, but it will make a difference. And even if it wasnt, you are still talking a 50%+ improvement in sales needed to get there.
3. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
4. MeoCao (unregistered)
but iphones are made in china,,,
5. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
And then some say Obama hates Outsourcing ...
7. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
"design in california, made in china"
do you think samsung isnt made in china? most of the factories and devices are all made in china!
8. MeoCao (unregistered)
I think SS phones are made in Korea, but that's not the point. The point is iPhone is made in China then how can it increase US GNP?
Oh I see, this is about the margin that Apple makes.
9. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
not really made in korea, they might have a factory in korea but they also have a factory in china... coz the rumored that samsung is paying child labor! thats in china
6. chunk1x (Posts: 248; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
Just like the world needs. 0.5% more dou"he bags