J.K. Shin says Samsung will sell more than 20 million units of the Samsung GALAXY Note II
0. phoneArena 12 Sep 2012, 02:23 posted on
J.K. Shin, the head of Samsung's mobile unit, told Korean media on Wednesday that sales of the son of phablet, the Samsung GALAXY Note II, will be over 20 million units which would double the 10 million sold by the OG Samsung GALAXY Note...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
12. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
It's better to provide a time period . For all the people that thumbed him down , don't your economics teacher told you that to see how well a product perform there must be a time frame ?
For example , you can't say the (slot in whatever phone you want here ) sold better than the GS3 if the GS3 is on the market longer than the (whatever phone you want )
3. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
I want also one for me and one for my brother
39. laheelahee (Posts: 213; Member since: 09 Apr 2012)
ignorance is bliss
>only an ignorant person would say that
5. tiara6918 (Posts: 1910; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Jk Shin expects 20 million units of note 2 would be sold?how about the s3?what are you're expectations?(how many units)
30. MeoCao (unregistered)
he said 30 mil for '12
6. shuaibhere (Posts: 1908; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Why not??? U can do it in ease sammy....
28. matrix_neo (Posts: 328; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Kaya ng Samsung yan!! (Samsung can make it) Galaxy note 2 has the best spec so far, and has improve the s pen. Samsung created this category and they succeed that's why they make note 2. I will definitely save my money for this.
9. Nookie4u (Posts: 131; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
I want four: one for my monkey, one for my mule, one for my donkey and one for my roo.
10. one81one81 (Posts: 8; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
Because sheep will get the "youknowwhatimean".... LOL
17. Nookie4u (Posts: 131; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
well forgive me if you don't get it, but a phablet is too big for a human's head to hold it against your ear and talk, LMAO
19. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
That's why there is a thing called Bluetooth ear-set....!
I'd rather have, drive a BMW540 than 7series or 3series.... just be cool.
13. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
It's not like all your animals know how to use it , they would probably pee on it
18. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
it's only for smart human people, not for creautres.
37. JoeBelfiore (banned) (Posts: 79; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
This.. coming from a TROLL... LOL you believe?
40. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
TROLL is the last guy i trust on this site
I will listen to sniggly , remixfa or even taco , just not TROLL
11. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
The note is supposed to be a niche device right ?
Never liked one , too big for a phone too small for a tablet , I have a tablet and I have a phone (GNexus and iPad ) , why you need a cross between the 2 ?
One of the reason the note sell so well it's because it has a Samsung badge on it , Samsung has a cool image , as cool as apple and most consumers buy a device because of the brand , If it's HTC that created the note it won't sell so well cause in most places , HTC brand is as cool and popular as Samsung
14. tiara6918 (Posts: 1910; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Yes, I agree with you, if htc made the note it might not sell well because some people are only after the brand. C'mon! Wake up people!
15. CyberianPirate (Posts: 3; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
But its already proven that 'phablet' still have high demand in market...
Regarding your second point about note sell so well it's because of Samsung badge, i can't agree 100% because before this HTC try to jump into tablet world but the outcome is not that good...
22. redmd (Posts: 1018; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
You don't need a cross between the galaxy nexus and the iPad. I bought the Note because I don't want to bring both devices everyday. your tablet won't fit in your pants. I think you have yet to hold a galaxy note.
You're reasoning seems off. The reason why people bought the Note is not just because of the Samsung badge. It's because Samsung have put the latest and the greatest to the Note at the time of it's release plus a few innovations. The Galaxy Note works so well that's why it's loved by many. The specs have beefed up to the point of awesomeness. If HTC have done it first, they would have been just as successful.
33. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
HTC brand is NOT as cool and popular as Samsung*
34. RobotMan (Posts: 140; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I own GNote now but at that time I was waiting the same thing from HTC but they never made it.
38. justme (Posts: 48; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
30 million may be possible; they racked up 20 million before VZW yanked their head out and decided to put this Galaxy flagship in their lineup. This is based on my impressions and may not be correct, but it seems like the S3 has already made it onto more carriers--including regionals--faster.
16. karoafriyie (Posts: 19; Member since: 19 Aug 2012)
that is not right my purchase included will make it more than 20 million and 1 and counting
21. Gaytor (Posts: 51; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
I bought Note because i want to be that size because everything would look bigger and nicer and be good for my eyes. I would also use a Tab because that wd split the pressure on the battery to two devices...I LOVE THE NOTE AND IT SHOULD SELL 30 MILLION IN THREE MONTHS!
23. gunnroses (Posts: 20; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
20 million for the next two years perhaps
29. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3341; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
It won't take close to that long. Keep in mind that the original Note (a brand new product line) has done over 10 million in less than a year being sold internationally & with AT&T (the T-Mobile version was released in such limited quantity that it's hardly worth mentioning). The Note 2 will add Verizon (the nation's largest carrier) & Sprint into the mix which means it will be available to almost 3 times the people in the U.S. that the original was. 20 million will happen...& in less than a year.
24. ddeath (Posts: 167; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
Those who talked so much about because it has a Samsung badge on it, people will go and buy one, don't know what they are talking about. Have you even touch a Note or used it? Something that sells 10 million is NOT a niche product. Yes, it feels big when you first used it, but suddenly, the rest of the phones feel small. Especially when you start surfing the internet, social, watching videos, pictures, playing games, read emails, documents etc. It makes sense when the phone is being used for all these nowadays, besides talking on it! The bigger screen actually compliments all that. I think lots of people agrees with this, since I see a lot of Note users around me and also S3 with their 4.8" screen. Not everyone wants to carry a 10" tablet around all the time.
32. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Well said, why carry 2device's, just carry 1....!
41. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Well , my mom used to own one . Sometimes still choppy and i just dont know why . I am happy with my Gnexus , not too big or too small
Samsung is quite good in marketing , go sit around at starbucks you will see most people carrying a Samsung or an iPhone
In fact , although One X and S are good device , i seen people coming into the store and only check out Samsung and nothing else . They would use the same amount of money to buy note 1 but not HTC One X with quad core and RGB screen . + my aunts thats crazy over the GS3 because most of her friend have one
25. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Release it on the day of the iPhone release and advertise the heck out of it.
26. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I think he is being conservative actually.
Given that first Note had absolutely no prior reputation, that it was not as mature and polished product, that it was opening a largely skeptical doors - and still sold more than 10mill, this new Note should and will more than double it.
Keep in mind that Galaxy S line was already an established Android icon prior the S2 launch, and S3 is still outselling it 3 times.
31. xtian1103 (Posts: 361; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
so samsung sold millions of galaxy devices, and their fans are busy commenting on every apple article. lol. well i'm an apple fan, but congrats samsung, i'm a happy samsung microwave owner
35. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Teasing Apple into another legal battle basically which would be more aggressive if thge "Next/New" iPhone sales isn't as Apple would be wanting.
43. Friendlysky (Posts: 54; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
I just bought GS3 and I bought 3 more GS2 for my son too. I will buy aother note II and GS3 for my wife too. Now APPLE lost 6 units from me and all my friend. Count me sammy and I tell all my colleage in oversea to buy sammy and stop buy apple crap and thieft.