J.D. Power survey of tablet buyers puts Samsung tablets on top
J.D.Power also found out that more people buy their tablet from a store (59%) than purchase online (41%). Those who purchased online found that their experience was slightly better than those buying at a store and even found a better price by buying online. On a 1000 point scale, overall customer satisfaction among tablet owners is 821.
Based on the survey, 50% of tablet buyers rely on recommendations from friends and family to decide which slab to buy. Besides getting recommendations from friends and family, consumers also visit the manufacturer's website (49%), go by the manufacturer's reputation (42%) and previous experience with a brand (32%).
source: JDPower via Engadget
1. Sauce (Posts: 1054; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Nice! Love the competition between Samsung and Apple.
10. applesucker (Posts: 75; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
it's not biased it is based on individual consumer surveys and not by some paid patronizers
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6621; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Good to see someone else take the title. Congrats Samsung.
4. AstronautJones (Posts: 166; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Competition is a good thing.(just like Sauce says)
As long as all these companies try to improve the end user experience, we all win!
5. dratomic (Posts: 335; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
finally. it was about time that someone trumped that bigger ipod touch they call ipad
6. joey_sfb (Posts: 1973; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I like my tablet with call handling feature only Samsung provide that wish more oem would install phone app into their tablet.
Paired with a stereo bluetooth headset such as plantronic BackBeat go!
7. shy2papa (Posts: 195; Member since: 23 Jan 2010)
Nice my next tab is going to be the samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition