J.D. Power ranks Apple first in US customer satisfaction, followed by Nokia and Samsung
0. phoneArena 21 Mar 2013, 10:27 posted on
J.D. Power, one of the leading research firms, just issued its annual US mobile customer satisfaction survey, polling 9,767 smartphone customers and 6,759 feature phone users in a study that finished December last year...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Just 10K smartphone users surveyed for all smartphones combined?
5. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3873; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
...and you think that's the reason Samsung didn't make it to the top? :P
But jokes aside, too less for a survey this big.
7. Aeires (unregistered)
I was surprised design was weighted the most, figured features would be because that's what you use your phones for.
12. wendygarett (unregistered)
Jdpower mostly surveys automobil satisfaction, and sadly to tell you, they focus even more design when it comes to car...
18. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Well, remember Dr Ancel Keys? He rejected 14 countries data an d took only 7 countries just to prove that LOW FAT (hence high CARB) is great for health. Look what his LOW FAT FAD did ... produced most obese nation on earth. Sometimes the design of survey/experiment is done based on what end results are needed ... not saying it was so in this case :D
22. Muzhhur (Posts: 260; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
well, I think many user wont tell the truth about their choices 'cause probably fell a little bit stupid, many that already have nokia, apple or samsung devices are lying... this smarthphones bring some good xperience but all of them are not perfect
26. TheMan (Posts: 490; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Sounds like someone didn't do well in Statistics 101. You don't need a large sample size get to a statistically significant result, especially since the survey centers on manufacturers, not models. Even a few hundred (per phone maker) is overkill. The only reason they'd need more is if they plan to slice the data along different parameters, like age group or geography.
30. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
yea 50 should be sufficient theoretically.
When you are generating data based on "perception" and not some science then all those statistics 101 don't apply ... haven't you seen how EXIT Polls fail most of the time?
2. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3873; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Not surprised Apple made it to the top...
But Nokia did a good job, and so did LG in the features department.
11. wendygarett (unregistered)
Jdpower is a California company, if you know what I mean :)
I'm shocking that Nokia managed to be second, last year it placed below LG... Huge satisfaction...
21. asingha94 (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Apple sucks but very happy to see nokia & lg made a good job....my lumia 920 rocks & also my two year old optimus 2x running like a champ & i never got any problem with both of those!!they deserve that place..
24. TheMan (Posts: 490; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
I don't buy the "it's a California company, so go figure" argument, but this survey is misleading. Why? When you ask people about their Apple phone it's really just two models, to speak of. (That's also somewhat true with Nokia since they offer but a handful of smartphones in the U.S.) When you ask about any other maker, it's several, maybe even dozens of models, from high end to low end, typically. So, JD Powers is blending the SG3 experience with, say, a Samsung Focus (a Windows Phone).
Basically, it's an apples-to-oranges comparison. :P
3. sonofzeus (Posts: 95; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
i have a nokia phone and I am totally dissatisfied with the product,my next phone will not be a nokia
4. mousesports (Posts: 274; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
i am very curious what kind of phone you got , or maybe you are a samboyfan ?
8. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3873; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Greek Gods don't use phones...he doesn't own any.
10. freebee269 (Posts: 539; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
Probably someone that says they have a Nokia but really doesn't just for the sake of hating on Nokia. I have a lumia 920 and I am satisfied with it. I also have an lg optimus g with 4.1.2 jelly bean on it and am satisfied with that also.
43. Salazzi (Posts: 537; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
I don't like the plastic design of the old generation nokia phones (920, etc) but am REALLY digging the new stuff they'll have coming out like the 930 and the ICON they currently have out (though only for verizon dammit).
17. Johnnokia (Posts: 1094; Member since: 27 May 2012)
Nokia earns very few money from Nokia care because very very few phones came back to be fixed.
20. asingha94 (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Big fat liar!!you never had a nokia fone then!!
6. Quezdagreat (Posts: 428; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
iPhone tops the list for the 9th time? I guess all of the people who complain about them never owned one
31. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Well they never complained as they were scared to be told that they were doing it wrong ...
33. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
and how do you know? I am a consumer and a happy one.. is ok for you to hate Apple but dont speak on our behalf...
36. lyndon420 (Posts: 4456; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Someone has to speak up for you consumers. As an outsider looking in, you ios users will put up with anything apple throws at you - garbage or not.
37. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
There's a difference between :
"Don't Like" and "Hate". First learn to reconcile to that fact then we can discuss ... because in Apple camp it seems both mean the same thing from what you wrote :)
9. lauremar (Posts: 181; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
J.D. Power = Apple, Inc. stock/share holders... Hence the article! LMFAO
38. Ninetysix (Posts: 2445; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
You dumb bro? If they own AAPL, they'll badmouth apple since their shares are down.
13. ryq24 (Posts: 731; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Nokia feature phone are very good quality wise! But their touchscreen phones is another story.
15. LonghornTech (Posts: 50; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Are you serious? You've obviously never owned one.