It's the end of the line for the Google Nexus S 4G at Sprint
0. phoneArena 25 May 2012, 14:48 posted on
Launched May 8th of 2011, the Google Nexus S 4G now joins all of those other dearly departed handsets who have moved on to that great bargain bin in the sky; the handset hits the EOL even though it recently was updated to Android 4.0...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
That's disappointing, it's camera quality was better than the GSM version of the Nexus S. Not to mention, it would be a great device if it was free or around $50 on-contract.
2. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
boo. they could have totally made it like a prepaid phone or a free on contract phone. oh well, the tech in it is a bit long in the tooth, but it still works quite well.
3. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Android phones age quickly... as fast as they come.. they leave...
6. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5480; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
And Iphones remain the same design just a different antenna like the iPhone 5 will have
15. BREvenson (Posts: 190; Member since: 17 May 2012)
...until the next one comes along. Then they put out a cheaper version with smaller storage space and phase out the other models. Plus, for every one iPhone each year, you get about a dozen good Android phones, with at least 2-3 coming from one company.
Besides, it's all about what you do with the technology you have. You can have a 1-2 year old phone (like myself) and it could still be everything you want and need right there. Not with iPhone; the next one comes out, people HAVE to get it.
20. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I can probably mention 3 android phones still relevant after a year.. from a dozen released.. SGSII is one.. find the other 2...
21. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Apple can't or even come out with a different design
Same crap every year. What a junk 1 phone to choice hey... can't they come out with new inceptions
39. quakan (Posts: 1067; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Apple can, they just don't. They have dozens of prototype designs that they've never used. Why do more than you have to? If your have high customer satisfaction and your company is the most valuable in the world, then why exert yourself as if you're still trying to make it to the top?
Also if we're being honest, Apple sets the bar in phone standards every year. If you compare iPhone specs on paper to a top tier Android phone, then Apple loses. Now, go to every major tech site and when you see a phone review, tell me what phone always is the one that people compare the newest phones too...it's always the most recent iPhone. The point I'm making is that as amazing as the GS3's specs are on paper, it still won't be the bar setter. It will just be considered the over-achiever compared to the iPhone. In case i haven't made myself clear as to why Apple sets the bar, i'll try again...No matter how great an Android phone is, the minimum standard for a phone is whatever the iPhone's specs are. As in no phone can have specs below what the current iPhone has and still be seen a real competitor. This is why Apple hasn't rushed LTE, a 4"+ screen, quad cores, etc to the market because they know they don't have to because the set the bar for what a phone must have.
27. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Why can't u afford a new phone every 6 months$...
Well its not for u Android... stick to Apple 1
Phone after 18 months.
41. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5480; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
how? the only thing they change is the OS nothing new in hardware and still don't support SD MICRO CARDS
9. sithman (banned) (Posts: 299; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Exactly unlike iPhones. The 3GS is still being supported,and recieving updates
13. tedkord (Posts: 3793; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
A year is a phone aging quickly?
And yet, quarter after quarter Android grows at roughly twice the rate of iOS, even though it already has twice the marketshare. Despite all the "issues" you proclaim it has. I guess aging isn't hurting them any, huh?
That's your cue to start rationalizing why twice as many people choose Android over iOS.
14. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
you just gave the mother of all answers regarding Android.. insert that answer in any topic.... read the article it seems that you disagree with the article but only directing your "answer" towards me... dont forget to copy and paste your answer into every discussion from now on...
ps. because is friday... Android is not aging.. only the majority of phones... just want to clarify.. but heck use your answer.. and you win!!!!
16. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Gallito is right. Do you copy and paste the same response troll? iOS has way more market share when you count all devices. Apple also dominates in profit, customer satisfaction, loyalty and device sales.
19. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
we're talking about mobile devices you dumb s**t. Google it, too lazy to do so
29. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
so is it a yey or ney on the tablets... just asking
38. quakan (Posts: 1067; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
The iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are all mobile devices just to clear that up for you.
40. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
okay, let me specify, we're talking about smartphones, not mp3 players or oversized mp3 players
22. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Its a trend. Every one wants an iPhone. Mid range restricted phone, but the public don't give a toss, about features, typical how so nasty everyone holding iPhones.
26. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
U only have 1 phone to choice. How crap is that... can't they revolution or evolute....
28. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Full of innocent civilian in smart dumb
People in this world that Apple has captured them in there trap.... unlike the Androids Fandroids....
33. kach22 (Posts: 99; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
They leave only to make way for better and more innovative, feature rich devices not to mention more attractive design unlike I phone which sells the same thing over and over by only adding a new number.
4. GeekMovement (Posts: 1496; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
iPhones age quickly... as fast as they come.. but they stay the same every year...
5. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
is ok.. at least the iphone 4 and the S version are still available. and even the 3GS... so iphones dont age quickly... sorry but come up with something original...
7. TR0LL (banned) (Posts: 41; Member since: 20 May 2012)
What do u expect from a fashion phone.....
Wow look I've got an iphone! Im cool...
Iphone is a fashion, just like how the N95 was. Its a trend!
No wonder it still not discontinued.... comparing fashion vs tech!
12. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
O Ur a iFrypan just realized.
18. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I know I am the least person to critized d how you type.. but I only understand about a 60-70 of what you type,,, guess karma is a bit**
17. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Wow this android lasted a whole year. That's better than the usual 3 month life cycle.
25. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
The funniest thing is; whenever I see anyone holding
an iPhone, I just say baaaaaa mbaaaaa sheep. Boy do they kick
of or what! I ask why u so offended for!
31. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Thats nothing I see someine with an Android phone I say freeze!..... and the phones freezes.... the irony huh
32. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4579; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Like in this party right? :)
34. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
I see some-one... Not someine! U repeating what i just said. Don't be silly. Ur out ov words!
36. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 298; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
This makes me sad! But I wonder if I could pick one up for cheap on eBay now? I've always LOVED the design of this phone just so much. More then the Galaxy Nexus. More then the RAZR. I just love the curves and the shape!