It's red, large and in charge; press render of Nokia Lumia 1520 tweeted
0. phoneArena 04 Oct 2013, 10:46 posted on
A tweet from evleaks on Friday morning revealed the soon to be introduced Nokia Lumia 1520 done up in red. The Windows Phone powered handset is expected to be introduced on October 22nd in Abu Dhabi. The first model to contain the GDR3 update will also be the largest-screened phone using the platform, at least for the time being...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
48. akki20892 (Posts: 3742; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
this is the first best powerful and features pack device from Nokia. looks compact and less bezel and slimmer. Perfect device. IF this device have android we know it can go in selling like hot cake category.
Nokia can do instantly but i don't know why ms can't do instantly.
67. pyradark (Posts: 795; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
My Z Ultra finally has a competition!!!
Design - z Ultra
Others - well get know soon when this thing is out!!
3. sri_tech (Posts: 188; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Smaller bezels, thinner phone, front is 920 and back is 925, 20 MP camera, highest possible specs (SD800, 1080p display, etc..), 32 GB internal memory + Micro SD card and most importantly very large battery.
They put all the good things from their previous flagships and low end phones in this phone.
Good job Nokia.
7. MrKoles (Posts: 333; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
But the most important thing (OS) is a lowsy cr*p.
11. TTGCEO (Posts: 11; Member since: 04 Oct 2013)
Have you actually tried to use the WP OS for a daily driver?
Why is it lousy cr*p?
26. Rocksteady (unregistered)
Bought the Lumia 920, used it for some time and sold it to get the Nexus 4, I'm very satisfied with my choice, and btw, I lost lot's of money in the exchange process because nobody wants Nokia, neither wp.
Now the Lumia was a good phone, but the lack of applications plus the stupidity if whatsapp for wp made it unbearable for me.
79. Alex123 (Posts: 238; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
What???? hahaha.... no one need Nokia? You may just started using phone so you know nothing about phone. Question, why does Microsoft need to buy Nokia devices and services if no one need it?
80. Rocksteady (unregistered)
to promote their wp os using the good nokia hardware, that's why.
I said nobody wants Nokia, not "nobody needs Nokia".
Try to understand what you read before you comment because that would be a smart thing to do.
12. Dastrix (unregistered)
But the most important, and amazing thing (in grammar) is lousy cr*p. Tells you everything about someone... Speak for yourself.
13. sri_tech (Posts: 188; Member since: 21 May 2013)
That is the best part for me :)
Everyone have their own preferences I guess.
39. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Each OS offers users different options. Personally, I really don't care if WP is smoother, the lack of ability of removing the tiles and customizing the phone the way I want to kills it for me. And btw, my N4 is plenty smooth enough.
That's my observation and choice. Others can agree and disagree as they want, choice is good.
54. Pdubb (Posts: 239; Member since: 08 Aug 2011)
Wait what? You can have an empty scrwwn if you choose I thought. You can pin and unpin any app and remove any app. That is what was explained to me.
75. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
What's left if you delete the tiles and what else can you replace the tiles with? That's the problem, it all revolves around tiles. If you love tiles, great, but some of us don't.
64. Bernoulli (Posts: 2035; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Eh you actually can remove tiles, unlike android you don't even have to root the phone to remove and permanently delete carrier bloatware, but you are right, while androids may lag and offer pathetic cameras it's all about choice for the consumer
36. papss (unregistered)
For having Einstein as a pic I figured you would be smart.. I was wrong
4. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
I really wonder about dimensions. and 6inches display is large so wallpaper would be good
5. bloodline (Posts: 702; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
great spec but I honestly think windows 8 is so ugly
6. fouadqr (Posts: 321; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
I honestly think windows phone 8 is so cool
53. StreetNerd (Posts: 729; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
seems u dont have sense for (graphic) design...
57. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3570; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Who cares if you think it is ugly.. Who cares❔
9. Dastrix (unregistered)
It's ONNNN baby!!!!
14. Tuxedo (Posts: 181; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
Very nice. I wish I could load Android on this puppy.
18. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
whats with the hate on the OS, i wouldnt put any other os on this beast!
19. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Everyone including every tech websites dislikes, hates this OS! Even I PA so many Nokia fans and users would love to buy a Nokia phone, but that horrible OS is turning away consumers buying This cabbage™
22. freebee269 (Posts: 529; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
saying "every" tech site renders the rest of what you said a lie.
33. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Pocketnow are the most impartial site and they always reflect WP in a positive manner. The tech sites you mention that hate WP are more than likely The Verge, BGR, Gottabemobile, CNet and Gizmodo, the first two being quite Anti-MS and Anti-Nokia but very Pro-Apple. Especially gottabemobile, every column is almost dedicated to IOS so got sick of that.
59. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3570; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Prove it❕ Show where WP has had a single bad review for its design, performance, and user experience... Post some links,,, if you can find any...
70. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2015; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
True,,, any other OS, will just lag or look boring on this.. WP8 FTW
20. newbey123 (Posts: 486; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
This looks interesting. I havent liked windows yet, but I might take a look and see if it can draw me away from the One Max. Either way both will be amazing phablets.
23. Rongocook (Posts: 76; Member since: 20 Sep 2013)
Just feeling sorry for nokia-microsoft deal.
25. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
As much as I like how big it is, I've got too much invested in apps' in the Play Store; can't give up tTorrent Pro, Groove IP, PDA.net/FoxFi, MDScan, etc. The many games I've paid 99¢ for I can do without. But, not giving freebies like tubeMate, Showbox or MultiWindows - can't live without MultiWindows.
Size is nice, though.
28. GrapeEyes (Posts: 248; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
I love you Nokia!!!!
Nokia is coming Nokia is coming!!!
30. Credo (Posts: 701; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
This is not a 6" device mark my words. And if it would be i would be very wrong but when i saw the leaked size you can't put a 6" screen inside it, otherwize you would have almost no bezels.
40. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
glad to see they have kept the bezel quite small..i use android and have no plan on leaving but why do people have to hate on other os, wp8 and ios etc isnt for me but that does not mean its crap like soe
42. valapsp (Posts: 487; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
Those three buttons should have more space between them.
62. luxzy801 (Posts: 138; Member since: 16 Jun 2010)
Probably a great device, but until they put a File Manager and ability to sync outlook and not have to sign into a microsoft account, I guess im sticking with my oldschool stuff.
Still kinda hoping that they kill Windows Phone and replace it with RT, but thats just my personal taste, I like having a computer in my hand.
72. harigrg33 (Posts: 174; Member since: 20 May 2013)
This the beast but why did nokia jumped directly to 6inch, they shud hav gone for 5inch.
I doubt this will a flop
81. poping (unregistered)
congrats... thin bezels at last...
1. make the device thinner and lighter...
2. use a faster cpu/gpu..
3. use a nice audio dac...
4. add more apps...
5. bring back file explorer...
6. switch for desktop mode (you know, just like the start button in wm days?)
82. kpfirefighter (Posts: 160; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
The nokia OS does eveything other OS's do. It's a smart phone. You can get on the Web you can make calls. How does it suck? Its all personal preference. I mean come on you guys are talking sh@t to eachother on a cell phone tech site! I bet your all really tough!