It's official! Verizon offers new unlimited price plans
As we also told you yesterday, the 25MB for $9.99 monthly requirement will be added to all Verizon 3G multimedia phones which gives customers access to the internet, games and e-mail. Besides covering the
Those who want the same service as contract customers but want the flexibility of a pay-as-you-go plan can use Big Red's new Monthly Unlimited Prepay Plans which offer the same service as the unlimited contract plans for $5 more per month. Monrhly Unlimited Talk is $74.99 per month and $94.99 monthly includes unlimited texts, pictures and video with the Monthly Unlimited Talk and Text plan.
The new prices start on January 18th and do not affect existing customers unless a change to one of the new plans is requested.
1. VZ DUB (Posts: 27; Member since: 02 Jan 2010)
The consumer data package for BlackBerry and Android smartphones remains at $39.99 per month.??? ummmmmmmm wow im going a good deal paying 29.99
2. tshow84 (Posts: 65; Member since: 11 Jun 2009)
nope...phone arena is dumb it was never 39.99, it has been 29.99 since dropping from 44.99 years ago...
3. Striker13084 (Posts: 128; Member since: 30 Mar 2009)
No, it is just Phonearenas idiot editor sleeping on the job. it is still $29.99.
8. rockstar323 (Posts: 20; Member since: 15 Jan 2009)
Phone arena has editors? Could have fooled me.
9. Shell (Posts: 28; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
it's actually $29.99 for personal plan and $44.99 for enterprise plan
11. vzwrep (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Jan 2010)
Actually we still have a $44.99 email and data plan. It is $29.99 for basic email and internet and $44.99 or corporate email and internet. Thanks, VZW
19. n0gar2 (Posts: 71; Member since: 19 Oct 2009)
The corporate charge is just a "let's try and get more money from them since they can afford it" charge. It supposedly adds enterprise server compatibility, but those already cost an arm and a leg as it is. Even RIM can't explain why the extra charge...
4. theGodpapa (Posts: 181; Member since: 15 Dec 2009)
even though I have supported VZW through all these years and countless screen names on this apple fanboy website, I dont understand the logic behind this mandatory data charges. Why ostracize our consumers even more? Bad bad move....and just like this upgrade fees, this will be changed and soon.
5. PapaJay224 (Posts: 866; Member since: 08 Feb 2009)
-1,000,000 for phone arena for a stupid typo...and a -1 for the idiot above me...
22. rhomaion (Posts: 187; Member since: 23 Sep 2009)
He may be an idiot but then that makes you a complete jack ass.
6. jrcrow79 (Posts: 477; Member since: 02 May 2008)
the immediate data plans r because vzw is becoming 4G..hence the need to push more bandwidth as apposed to features i.e. ability to talk n surf the web like my iphone 3gs and or video conferencing (att has this also)..I still think in the end prices r all the same..hence someone saying not EVERYONE needs unlimited voice (I dont)..my unused minutes rollover upto 12 months
16. macron2000 (Posts: 81; Member since: 07 Sep 2009)
Rofl! Man I was having a tuff day and that just cheered me up. Oh my.
24. deschats (Posts: 193; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
YOU PEOPLE ARE ALL IDIOTS. I CAN TALK AND SURF THE WEB ON MY DROID. I PRESS THE HOME BUTTON, AND MY CURRENT CALL SHOWS UP IN MY NOTIFICATIONS BAR. IM SO SICK OF PEOPLE NOT CHECKING YOUR FACTS PLEASE LEAVE THE INTERNET FOREVER.
10. Shell (Posts: 28; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
are they kidding... the entice and 8360... those are basic flip phones... what the fuck are they thinking!
12. knuckleballer34 (Posts: 119; Member since: 27 Jul 2009)
Shell, great point, and you beat me to the punch on it! I completely agree...Verizon pushes those two phones as basic bare bones devices, and now they'll want to tack on $10 for services that most people who buy those phones will never use? I'm generally ambivalent towards the "big four" carriers, but as far as those two phones are concerned, that's a senseless move by Verizon. And while I have always stated and supported that they have by far the best network and voice quality, this is exactly how you lose potential customers and rile up competitive individuals who are against you.
17. PapaJay224 (Posts: 866; Member since: 08 Feb 2009)
read the article "kncuckles", the 1.99 per MB still applies as the usual pay as you go...I love these post on phonearena when someone changes a plan, theres always someone who didnt read it and the controversey starts....(sorry spelling)
20. n0gar2 (Posts: 71; Member since: 19 Oct 2009)
Well, without getting a data plan, how do you 'pay as you go?' This, like all VZW plans are a scam.
13. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Phone arena please fix this article. The VZW consumer data plan is 29.99.
15. CODYPHOBIA (Posts: 58; Member since: 21 Jun 2008)
Though not confirmed I have been told that we will be able to BLOCK data in lieu of adding the packages. Can't confirm this until Monday....but would certainly be nice.
25. redgrace (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Jan 2010)
Just wanted to let you know, I am a manager at a Verizon. And I tested this theoy out today on the LG EnV3... it didn't work. I would love Verizon to make it true though.
18. Sufcc (Posts: 33; Member since: 28 Jul 2008)
AT&T has announced matching price plans to be effective monday.
23. rhomaion (Posts: 187; Member since: 23 Sep 2009)
@ 3watts Yeah, how quickly they become competitive... oh right that's a good thing. Sorry retard.