It's official: AT&T will have HD Voice this year
0. phoneArena 01 Apr 2013, 20:04 posted on
AT&T has hinted at it before, but today the company officially confirmed that HD Voice is on the way, and will begin rolling out to users later this year. So far, T-Mobile is the only wireless carrier in the US that offers nation-wide HD Voice (Sprint's is only available on its limited LTE network), but there aren't really any handsets that support the feature yet. Though the iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S 4, and HTC One are all planned to offer HD Voice on T-Mobile...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sprockkets (Posts: 1362; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
The SG3 and HTC one S already support HD voice on Tmob PA
"And, most interestingly, when asked if AT&T would become a "dumb pipe", Rinne said that there’s a good business in being a pipe, but that she would “leave the dumb part off.”
In other words, "We are Att. We screw you. And you know you can do jack shit about it."
5. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
"Here at At&t we believe all our customers should be treated in the worst ways possible." They will probably try to pull some crap with this like tethering and be like oh it uses your data plan or charge extra for it.
13. lovenyc8 (Posts: 164; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
Tmobile is the best we already have HD voice. at&t is copy cat
2. YaBoiDre10 (Posts: 84; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
What do Ya Know Verizon is last again.....
4. MpowerSkills (Posts: 38; Member since: 19 Feb 2011)
I wonder why VZ would lag on this? Other priorities?
6. HäckeMáte (Posts: 168; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
"Sprint's is only available on its limited LTE network"
...and I suppose Tmo's is available on their "Non Existant" LTE network?
BTW: The HTC One has had this since launch and allows calling and web browsing simultaneously on Sprint
7. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1054; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Verizon is busy thinking of a way to charge extra for this
9. Omarc07 (Posts: 269; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Hmm im already getting good call quality on my att s3 no static n loud n clear i wonder how hd calls will sound.
10. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
It will sound like tmobile to tmobile calling. Very clear, makes a huge difference.
12. Bernoulli (Posts: 1599; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Hahaha nice April fool's phone arena :) for a moment I truthfully believed at&t's network had decent call quality
14. goojman (Posts: 56; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
At&t has the worse customer service ever!!! I've never seen it where a company can break a contract & make YOU pay if you try to go somewhere else!!
15. DFranch (Posts: 140; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Why is Verizon going to lag behind? They have the biggest LTE network, as their commercials won't let us forget. They should be ahead of the curve on HD voice not behind.