It's LG's turn to razz Samsung for Ellen's Oscar selfie
It's LG's turn to razz Samsung
LG followed up with a tweet referencing the second selfie taken with Ellen's Galaxy Note 3. The tweet, which ended up becoming the most re-tweeted tweet in history, was actually snapped by Bradley Cooper. But as LG pointed out in its tweet, had Ellen had the LG G2, she could have used the volume down key on the back of the phone to snap the photo. The LG G2 was the first smartphone to put the power and volume keys on the back of a handset.
With word this morning that Samsung is having problems with the yield of its in-house fingerprint scanner that was destined to be deployed in the Samsung Galaxy S5, it looks like Sammy's competitors are waiting in line to kick the manufacturer while it is down. Who is next?
1. dontneedtoknow (Posts: 137; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
This is pretty funny! XD Good way to point out the usefulness of the back buttons!
23. james004 (Posts: 471; Member since: 15 May 2013)
if she had sony xperia z1/z2 or htc one she would have wider front lens and fit more people :/
31. vincelongman (Posts: 946; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Or Oppo N1 with its rotating camera (13 MP 1/3" sensor and f/2.0 lens)
37. schinnak (Posts: 79; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
If she had a DSLR and a photographer it would have been even better isnt it?
47. ivanprskalo (Posts: 105; Member since: 09 Dec 2010)
N1 would be the best IMO.
Also, with LG G2 they could use Voice capture function. They could just say Cheese or Whiskey and LG G2 would take the pic...
35. jcdz89 (Posts: 62; Member since: 01 Mar 2013)
Typical reaction of a loosers like LG. If they really capable they should do cool thing like this. Putting these hilarious comments makes them even poor. Try to do something useful.
2. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7340; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Dumb since Bradley Cooper has longer arms... Fail LG.
11. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5530; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Even with the button on the back, the pic still needs to be composed - which needs a display.... Another fail for LG.
29. Jishnusur (Posts: 62; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
Few smart people who call themselves SMART, don't even know the notification light turns to red or green when taking a selfie. It depends on the focus whether its locked or not! Well, you got trolled bad! ;)
43. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5530; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Is English a second language for you? Do you know what composing a pic means? Simple in or out of focus is not composing a pic. Here is a link to help you understand what it means to compose a pic:http://www.wikihow.com/Compose-Photos
46. SellPhones82 (Posts: 473; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Exactly, LG failed to realize that Bradly would have had no idea if everyone was even in the picture since he'd be looking at the back of the phone, red and green light or not. Nice try LG, try to not look like such a hater next time and pay to have your phone at the Oscars.
36. Ashoaib (Posts: 1212; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Smurf bradley cooper do have 5 meter long arms... LG is right... hahaha
3. jellmoo (Posts: 619; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Good ol' LG, still trying to make up a reason that makes their button placement anything but terrible.
33. blingblingthing (Posts: 419; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Having one, I can tell you the the button placement isn't bad at all. Knock on means little need for the power button.
The volume one is on screen.
5. maccess (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
C'mon LG.. you're copied almost everything from samsung.. from your phones look and the UI.. yet samsung never say a word or teasing you about that..
39. LGisgood (limited) (Posts: 428; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
In your Dream...
Samsung is the King of copycat!
They copied many things from LG.
40. LGisgood (limited) (Posts: 428; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
Samsung Copied many things from LG and they make ads as they are the inventor..but the truth LG was the First.
Study your home work boy.
LG brought most Firsts in Mobile industry.
41. maccess (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
Dont forget to change your diapers son.. you're too young for this world..
7. AstronautJones (Posts: 240; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
I think the million plus retweets the selfie got leave people with a positive image of the photo quality.
Competitors are grasping.
14. Shatter (Posts: 1967; Member since: 29 May 2013)
The real people laughing are the chinese phone manufactorers who use 5MP/8MP cameras in the front of their phones that cost... $200!
8. SleepingOz (unregistered)
They only ones that can actually bash them are the chinese oems, with their monstrous front facing camera.
10. darkskoliro (Posts: 935; Member since: 07 May 2012)
If they used HTC everyone would have fit in the screen hahaha.
But on a serious note, they actually would have.
27. garyII (Posts: 160; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
i wonder is camera feature that snapping photo in 3D or 360 still exist? if yes, the pic would be more attractive..
12. Topcat488 (Posts: 1110; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Sorry to burst that bubble, but that's not a "Selfie". It's a "Group Selfie" maybe, but definitely not a selfie... Lets not confuse people PA, we should correct the media when ever possible.
13. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6128; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Man first NOKIA now LG STOP BEING jealous of SAMSUNG and learn how to market your phones.
15. papss (unregistered)
Did they use an iPhone 4 to take the pic?
16. GeekMovement (Posts: 1499; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Had they used any phone the pic wouldn't have turned out any better because most (if not all) the front facing cameras in the smartphones sold in the US have like 2mpx.. no ois or anything either as far as I know.
17. papss (unregistered)
Agreed.. Less the phone and more the operator and maybe lighting
18. docj8404 (Posts: 72; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
While I'm not a fan of the rear button scheme, I would imagine the placement is a selfie whores dream.
20. Slammer (Posts: 929; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
This is such a stupid game. When I see selfies on facebook, you can literally see whaf type of phone they are using. Some of these pics taken by iphones, Galaxies and others look like they were taken with 8 year old 2mpx feature phones. The reason is because no one thinks to clean the lens of the phone. Chances are, sweat may have been on Ellen's phone lens and/or people were being shoved around during the pic shot causing blur.
My pics always come out crisp and clean with proper lighting and clean lens.
P.S. When taking a selfie in the bathroom, try keeping your dirty toilet out of the pic. No one has the stomach for that.
21. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 812; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I see people bashing LG for this, and it have to laugh, because most of you doing it love Samsung's negative ad campaigns. It's either funny, or it's not, but if you pick one over the other, you're just being a fanboy.
22. taz89 (Posts: 2008; Member since: 03 May 2011)
This is great, if you don't have haters it means your not at the top yet
26. Lauticol (Posts: 179; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
HTC should answer to that! The FFC from the One is one of the best in the market!
28. garyII (Posts: 160; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
i do hope that LG and Nokia get the chance to view these comments, then they will realise what they did is actually getting more negative responses from users...
30. Whateverman (Posts: 3187; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Sorry guys but I think I must be missing something here... was there a mirror in front of them as they were taking the picture? I ask because if this was a picture taken with the front facing camera... why is the phone in the picture too? And let's be honest, no one is investing heavily in their ff cameras (maybe Oppo, but that shouldn't really count since its one camera on a swivel) so all of these oems need to think twice before posting.
32. wargreymon (Posts: 140; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
Someone took a picture of them taking the picture. Now let that sink in for a while.
34. Whateverman (Posts: 3187; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Right! And that's the picture I keep seeing all these companies ragging on. What phone took THAT picture is what I would like to know. The actual "selfie" from the Note 3 looked okay to me.
38. LGisgood (limited) (Posts: 428; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
LG is the best!
REAR KEYS IS VERY USEFUL!
44. mas39 (Posts: 40; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Oh dear Samsung fanboys can't take that they are total losers what a shame. LG is certainly much better.
45. jexxx (Posts: 48; Member since: 23 Feb 2014)
If LG has that much amount of money, Ellen would be more than happy to use the g2 to take a selfie.