It's Daylight Savings Time again in the U.S., better check the time on your Apple iPhone
0. phoneArena 08 Mar 2014, 17:30 posted on
For those who live in the U.S., we have good news and bad news. The bad news is that you will lose an hour of sleep tonight. The good news is that it will stay light until later in the evening. Sunday morning at 2am in the states, the clock will jump ahead to 4am. Most smartphones and tablets will adjust automatically, if you have the device set to receive the time from your carrier...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
lmao, seriously? Reminds me of how you could not do cut and paste, or do MMS, a while back on iphones - HI-LARRY-US...
6. darkkjedii (Posts: 14163; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
It's had those things for so long it's like who even cares other than whiny fanboys. When apple did implement them, they be came the best implementations of those features. As much as I love my note 3 mms is one of its weakest features. It won't auto edit, or compress vids for mms. Often you're just lest with cannot attach file size too large, for a flagship that's not HI-LARRY-US. Remember dood, do your research before you nag.
13. hassoups (Posts: 426; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
There's a reason for mms mode in the camera.. People be recording 4k and wanting to send it using mms.. Smh..
14. darkkjedii (Posts: 14163; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Ok let me enlighten you kiddo. As we speak the only android device that resizes vids is the LG Flex, and it's not an android feature, it's LG's skin, none do it automatically. To do so on android you have to (read carefully now) manually go into settings, and select limit for mms. This is why is said (auto resize, and compress). As I told network, please do your research (before) you nag. Now it's bedtime kiddo. Nite nite, oh and one more thing, android debuted in 08, 4K vid recording just came out.
23. blade19 (Posts: 60; Member since: 29 Apr 2011)
uhmmmm.. actually I us to be able to do this on my Droid X without having to go to manual settings. When I upgrade my phone to raxr maxx hd I could no longer do this.
30. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I never had a problem with MMS, with resizing videos, etc on any of my android phones - from the HTC ARIA (yikes) to the Captivate to the original Droid RAZR, and now the Nexus 5...
35. darkkjedii (Posts: 14163; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Those 3 posts you left don't deserve a response, other than this one. You completely missed my point about mms on android, and that's not a surprise.
27. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
ummm, apple do not implement the best MMS or the best cut and paste - those are basic features that they should have had from day one....
28. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
and...it was not a nag, just a comment as it is pretty funny that an article warns iphone users, specifically, about day light savings time - COME ON - you have to find that funny...or, are you still a paid shill of APPLE?
10. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3570; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I remember Windows Mobile was horrible at adjusting the time.. It had to be updated from MS everytime, and sometimes the update didn't come through.. Never had a problem with WP...
12. darkkjedii (Posts: 14163; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
My HD2 running WinMo 6.1 had that very issue.
29. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I had the TILT 8925 - I forget if it had that issue as I only had it for a year...long long time ago...
33. Kaiser2007 (Posts: 160; Member since: 16 Nov 2013)
I had HTC 8925 too. I don't remember I had that problem. may be some devices had it.
4. darkkjedii (Posts: 14163; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
LMAOOOOO good one PA. I've actually never had an issue with DLST, but I'll be checking to make sure.
5. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3155; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
The time jumps ahead one hour to 3am, not 4am, PA. You might want to fix that.
11. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3570; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I know!, I was like 2hours?... Daaaaaamn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. I'm calling in.. Lol!
8. xtroid2k (Posts: 502; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
Hmm I guess PA gave us the answer regarding this years iPhone lol
16. Sauce (unregistered)
This is something that happened on my Note 2.
(US Eastern Time)
Missed the first half of an important class for my anatomy test the next day...
17. callmezo (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Mar 2014)
Date and time settings failed for me, my iPhone 5s switched time zones and stayed in the 2 o'clock hour.
19. jem0220 (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Mar 2014)
My Windows smartphone didn't update until 7am. Anyone else have this problem?
20. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
The only time I saw this issue was way back with my 3GS, never had this problem with my Android devices though.
This seems like a REALLY stupid problem to have though.
21. AfterShock (Posts: 3697; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
This is why our fleet where i work sends out a memo to remind iPhone people specifically to spring ahead.(check time)
Too many occurrences to be a one off issue.
Only twice a year, but it has a precedent.
31. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Do not tell DarkkJedi that as he will not believe you...
36. darkkjedii (Posts: 14163; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Not sure why your jocking me so hard, but dude I really don't care about these issues bruh. Mine, my wife's, and my sons updated like normal, and that's all I'm concerned about. I'm not this fanboy loser like you, that has nothing else to cling to except his smartphone. The attention you pay to me, dude log off and go pay it to a chick. Using my name gets you green thumbs though...SMDH bruh.
22. JunitoNH (Posts: 1150; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Thank you PA. No problems with Pad Air or phone.
32. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
My wife did not have a problem with her new ipad mini or old Verizon 4S, now on wifi only....
Maybe she was just holding the device correctly?
34. Kaiser2007 (Posts: 160; Member since: 16 Nov 2013)
I have two Android phones (GSM based) without SIM cards, used as WiFi phones. They update it fine. I just have to check "Automatic".
37. plary122 (Posts: 33; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
do you remember when android used to have such a problem in 4.2